Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 09:58 PM

2 posts, read 1,757 times

Advertisements

hi.. im currently confused on what im feeling at present... well heres the story.. we both work at the same hospital where we first met each other, im an Emergency Room nurse volunteer and shes a post graduate intern (doctor)... i am single and she is taken.. shes in a relationship of 7 yrs with a seaman who is maybe always out to sea.. like my dad who only comes home every 6 mos and stays for only a month or two... so thats it.. we met last week of june and since the day i first texted her and up to now.. we still text and i mean serious texting like, simple messages while at work, then we text lots when not at work.. hihi... we even text til 1am in the morning then, for alot of times we talk on the phone for hours and hours starting at an average of 11pm and ending at a maximum of 3am... and imagine she has to be at work daily by 8am and me, sometimes by 6am... and we dont seem to really mind... some may ask if she used the "friend" word to me already and yeah she did use it but i think the last one was on august or july... my fellow nurses dont know of our situation but some doctors continually tease us coz they somehow knew that we were getting close... when at work i give her almost anything i have, candies, chocs, face masks if i dont see that she has one... hehe... also we go out very often... her BF wasnt here when we first met so we did have some getting to know each other moments, and we came home as late as maybe 10pm the maximum then we spend most of the time in my car coz we dont want anybody to see us coz they may make some issues when they do... then somewhere in the month of July her BF arrived and she told me that it could have been the last time we were going out ( she never uses the word "date" just going out ) but eventually and somehow, we kept seeing each other outside the workplace... we go to the same place in the city... ( in the port where its dark and quiet ) and we just stay there for hours sometimes as late as 3am.... i have a working shift of 8 hrs a day.. but she has a working shift of 32 hrs and sometimes she hasnt had any sleep but still would go out or talk with me til early morning... also.. i love making heart origami out of any paper i see, prescription pads, lab requests, receipts... then when i make them i give em to her and she keeps them, even though theyre not that very nice paper... i also writes poems for her and she likes reading em... maybe in time ill post some of what i made for her... though we may be the only ones who will understand it coz the poems i write are true to life... lol.. sometimes at work i catch her looking at me and sometimes she catches me looking at her too and we hold the stare for a second then smile...

sorry if my story is kind of messy and all... hehe... but i hope you guys understood it..

i just want to know what you guys think?

im happy being with her... comfortable and all...

would a friend after 32 hrs of sleepless work go out with someone to just stay in the car at a quiet palce to talk for hours in the wee hours of the morning then go home to sleep for a little then go back to work?

is she treating me just like a friend?

or maybe shes into something with me that i may not know?

any opinions would make me happy.. good or bad i dont care...

i wouldnt want to see myself jump to any conclusions....

also we dont like our hair getting touched pr moved by people but the last time we were together at the port she played with my gelled hair by putting a clip on it and i was sliding my fingeres gently on hers and we didnt seem to mind...

gosh if i dont stop thinking about her now this thread wont be open in years so thats it for now i need to close coz im excited with the reply from you guys.. then ill answer back...

hope to make new friends here... ^_^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 10:04 PM

918 posts, read 1,643,224 times
My take?

I would get out while you can, even if it hurts. She's been with this guy for 7 years.... she's lonely because he's gone all the time. When he gets back for good.... will she still want to be with you all the time?

If you can't answer that for sure, and if you can and that answer's not yes, then you need to cut it all off.

Yes, she likes you, from what I gather. But.... this isn't fair to the guy that is out to sea dreaming of the day when he can come back to his woman, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loner3 View Post
hi.. im currently confused on what im feeling at present... well heres the story.. we both work at the same hospital where we first met each other, im an Emergency Room nurse volunteer and shes a post graduate intern (doctor)... i am single and she is taken.. shes in a relationship of 7 yrs with a seaman who is maybe always out to sea.. like my dad who only comes home every 6 mos and stays for only a month or two... so thats it.. we met last week of june and since the day i first texted her and up to now.. we still text and i mean serious texting like, simple messages while at work, then we text lots when not at work.. hihi... we even text til 1am in the morning then, for alot of times we talk on the phone for hours and hours starting at an average of 11pm and ending at a maximum of 3am... and imagine she has to be at work daily by 8am and me, sometimes by 6am... and we dont seem to really mind... some may ask if she used the "friend" word to me already and yeah she did use it but i think the last one was on august or july... my fellow nurses dont know of our situation but some doctors continually tease us coz they somehow knew that we were getting close... when at work i give her almost anything i have, candies, chocs, face masks if i dont see that she has one... hehe... also we go out very often... her BF wasnt here when we first met so we did have some getting to know each other moments, and we came home as late as maybe 10pm the maximum then we spend most of the time in my car coz we dont want anybody to see us coz they may make some issues when they do... then somewhere in the month of July her BF arrived and she told me that it could have been the last time we were going out ( she never uses the word "date" just going out ) but eventually and somehow, we kept seeing each other outside the workplace... we go to the same place in the city... ( in the port where its dark and quiet ) and we just stay there for hours sometimes as late as 3am.... i have a working shift of 8 hrs a day.. but she has a working shift of 32 hrs and sometimes she hasnt had any sleep but still would go out or talk with me til early morning... also.. i love making heart origami out of any paper i see, prescription pads, lab requests, receipts... then when i make them i give em to her and she keeps them, even though theyre not that very nice paper... i also writes poems for her and she likes reading em... maybe in time ill post some of what i made for her... though we may be the only ones who will understand it coz the poems i write are true to life... lol.. sometimes at work i catch her looking at me and sometimes she catches me looking at her too and we hold the stare for a second then smile...

sorry if my story is kind of messy and all... hehe... but i hope you guys understood it..

i just want to know what you guys think?

im happy being with her... comfortable and all...

would a friend after 32 hrs of sleepless work go out with someone to just stay in the car at a quiet palce to talk for hours in the wee hours of the morning then go home to sleep for a little then go back to work?

is she treating me just like a friend?

or maybe shes into something with me that i may not know?

any opinions would make me happy.. good or bad i dont care...

i wouldnt want to see myself jump to any conclusions....

also we dont like our hair getting touched pr moved by people but the last time we were together at the port she played with my gelled hair by putting a clip on it and i was sliding my fingeres gently on hers and we didnt seem to mind...

gosh if i dont stop thinking about her now this thread wont be open in years so thats it for now i need to close coz im excited with the reply from you guys.. then ill answer back...

hope to make new friends here... ^_^

Old 10-09-2008, 10:07 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Did you just watch Gray's Anatomy, too?

Old 10-09-2008, 10:46 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
She is a user plain and simple.

Old 10-10-2008, 06:14 AM

2,807 posts, read 7,586,460 times
Messy, messy, messy...don't even go there! Even if she IS looking for more than friendship with you, why would you want to get involved with someone who's already shown you she's okay with cheating? Not worth it!!!

Old 10-10-2008, 06:58 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
Messy, messy, messy...don't even go there! Even if she IS looking for more than friendship with you, why would you want to get involved with someone who's already shown you she's okay with cheating? Not worth it!!!

Yup..........cause if she'll cheat on her man now, if/when you were to become her man, the possibility is certainly there that she would cheat on you............

Old 10-10-2008, 07:03 AM

335 posts, read 1,113,341 times
She likes you. but she doesn't want to technically cheat on her guy. unfortunately she is emotionally cheating. She likes your company. How can she not? She is lonely.
I think you are in big trouble. cause it sounds like you like her a lot already. and you might end up heartbroken when her guy comes back for good and you can't be with her anymore. or yall gonna start sneaking around which will eventually suck big time.

Try very hard to break it off now!! easier said than done!

Old 10-10-2008, 07:15 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,338,885 times
Technically she is the forbiden fruit. So just forget about her, I'm pretty sure there are other fine nurses/interns that are single you might wanna meet.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:42 AM

194 posts, read 492,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir_ny View Post
She likes you. but she doesn't want to technically cheat on her guy. unfortunately she is emotionally cheating. She likes your company. How can she not?
Agreed. You deserve better!

Old 10-10-2008, 07:44 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,165,593 times
awwww sweetie.....look, It does sound like she has a thing for you but if she wanted more wouldn't she break it off with seaman??? Sounds like she loves the attention but if she's with her man when she's not with you she obviously doesn't care too much. Look, you sound like a sweet guy....I'm sure there are other available women out there who would be happy to get to know you.

Best of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships