Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 11:35 PM

3,032 posts, read 8,904,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Oh, well, it's not the political forum, but you're quite naive... And I used to be a registered Democrat... Guess I still am because I haven't bothered unregistering, but I certainly won't bother voting for a president, though. 'Nuff said...
Hmm. If you don't vote, then you don't get byotching rights after the election.

As far as someone to have lunch with: Leo da Vinci, hands down the man most ahead of his times, ever. It would be pretty cool to tell him how so many of his ideas weren't just fantasy, and see what he thought about today's tech.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 11:48 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,997,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Hmm. If you don't vote, then you don't get byotching rights after the election.
I would... if I only knew which one would be the lesser evil, if there is such a thing at all anymore. I don't know... I still might since I'll have to go anyway as there are some local issues that concern me. Great, more homework - not quite sure about some of the props since they're always written in a language the purpose of which is to confuse as many as possible.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:07 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,013,705 times
Suzanne Malveaux, because she's hot !

Old 10-13-2008, 12:15 AM

13,783 posts, read 26,209,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I would... if I only knew which one would be the lesser evil, if there is such a thing at all anymore. I don't know... I still might since I'll have to go anyway as there are some local issues that concern me. Great, more homework - not quite sure about some of the props since they're always written in a language the purpose of which is to confuse as many as possible.
Electoral college system makes it close to "not worth it" in my book...

Old 10-13-2008, 08:28 AM

1,559 posts, read 687,469 times
My Mom hands down, shes been gone 15 years now.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:00 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,312,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Electoral college system makes it close to "not worth it" in my book...
You are so right. So much for a "true Democracy".

Old 10-13-2008, 10:00 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,145,772 times
My mom. She died when I was 12. I never had lunch with her at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
If you could have lunch with only one person living or dead, who would you choose and why?
I would choose my mother, she passed away several years ago and we used to have lunch together a lot, I miss her terribly.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:04 AM

15,853 posts, read 35,044,864 times
Well, I am kind of torn here. Since my grandmother died when I was only 12 and we did not have a close relationship AT ALL, I think it would be fun to have lunch with her and talk about her life and my mothers life when she was a child.

On the other hand, I really love Henry David Thoreau and I would really cherish the opportunity to sit down with him for an hour or so.

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-13-2008, 11:45 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,358,799 times
I'd like to have lunch with my friend Scott Plank again. I had known him since Elementary School when the attached picture was taken, the smile in the picture is the one he kept throughout his life. He did well in life but the impressive part to me is the great number of friends Scott had, everyone loved him. I think despite his accomplishments in life, if I were able to sit with him and tell him how much he touched everyone that knew him, that he would be so humbled by the hundreds of friends that spoke of him at his memorial and continue to add to it as the years go by. I'm sure some of you were fans as he was a working actor.
Scott Plank
Attached Thumbnails
If you could have lunch with only one person-riverland.jpg  

Old 10-13-2008, 11:56 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,935,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This is kinda lame but I would say Morgan Freeman. I know he is just an actor but something about him seems real geniune. I know it's just the roles he plays but I wish my father was more like him.
I get you completely, Chowhound. It's a toss up between him and author R.A. Salvatore. The reason for Salvatore is because he has written many books based on something I'm interested in.

With Morgan Freemen, it's as you said. It's hard to put a finger on it, but the man just exudes realism and genuinity. Like you said, though, of course it's only based on what I've seen of him through the media... but he seems like an incredible man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships