Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 12:11 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,935,481 times

Advertisements

We're more alike than opposites. We have just the right amount of opposite in each of us to keep it fun and not a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 12:28 PM

2,751 posts, read 5,364,751 times
I'm searching and expansive to the point of being a fool. She's logical and well-adjusted to the point of being a bore.

Or I could say that she calms and settles me, and I broaden and stimulate her, as would she when it's working, and we're not both so certain that we made a terrible mistake.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:55 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,180,569 times
Despite our age gap, him being 10" taller than me, and us being of two different races, my boyfriend and I are like two peas in a pod. We frequently have the same comments for a situation down to picking the same words. He's pretty cool for a guy!

Old 10-21-2008, 12:59 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,178,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Despite our age gap, him being 10" taller than me, and us being of two different races, my boyfriend and I are like two peas in a pod. We frequently have the same comments for a situation down to picking the same words. He's pretty cool for a guy!
Is it just me or is anybody else dying to see this guy and talk with him? Now that's somebody I definitely would love to have lunch with!

Old 10-21-2008, 01:30 PM

859 posts, read 2,149,351 times
He is easy going= I am going 100mph
He is funny twisted, kinda OMG humor= Same here
He is Snuggly= me not so much
He is a People Person (talks forever on the Phone with his Buds) = me I dont care to talk to people on the Phone.
He rather run around with his Boxers on = me fully dressed !
He wears Jeans and T-shirts= me too
Our Dreams are pretty much the same for the future our only Problem is who gets to buy the FIRST Drag race car ! Him or ME !
We watch NHRA together, like old fast cars,
He wants to save= I want to save ( it will happen when the Kids are grown )
We both like our Beer,
He likes Seagrams 7 gross stuff= I dont, I do other stuff
Both love to BBQ and like the same foods.

We a lot of times can think and finish eachothers Sentences Pretty freaky once in a while !

I think and believe he is my Soulmate

Old 10-21-2008, 01:32 PM

3,665 posts, read 8,667,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmobizmo View Post
Are you and your mate opposites? How so? How do you handle the differences?

Examples:
Is one happy go lucky and the other melancholy?
Is one a financial whiz and the other can't balance a checkbook?
Is one shy and the other outgoing?
Is one a spender and the other a saver?

ETC.......
Yes to everyone of those.

Old 10-21-2008, 01:41 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,142,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmobizmo View Post
Are you and your mate opposites? How so? How do you handle the differences?

Examples:
Is one happy go lucky and the other melancholy?
Is one a financial whiz and the other can't balance a checkbook?
Is one shy and the other outgoing?
Is one a spender and the other a saver?

ETC.......
Well in some ways we are polar opposites and in some ways we are two peas in a pod.

For instance, I am very patient, and my dh is very impatient. I am quiet and a little shy around people and he can talk to anyone at the drop of a hat. He likes home made food and I like junk food. He likes to get up early, I am a night owl. He is anal, I am laxidasical.

The ways we are alike are that we both do not like children much, we do not like people much! LOL, we like our privacy. We are not "consumers" or spenders. We do not communicate with our extended family (just our immediate ones. We both like cats but do not much like dogs. We both think that pets should be an intricate part of the family. We both love living in the country rather than in the city. And the BIGGEST ONE we both do not watch television or go to movies! LOL

20yrsinBranson

Old 10-21-2008, 05:49 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,059,343 times
We are both very outgoing.
We are both very caring individuals.
We are both on the same political party.
We both love family and kids.

He is more politically conservative and I am more politically liberal~but still on same party.
He is financially a whiz and I continue to spend without any real knowledege of how much money is in the bank! ~I know this is bad but it works for us!!!
He is very calm when he gets upset and I am all over the place!
He drives defensively and I drive aggressively.

So much like the others on here, we are a mix.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:16 PM

303 posts, read 1,386,374 times
All the previous men I have dated I have been complete opposite of them. The current guy- we are two peas in a pod. He's like the guy version of me. Scary!

Old 10-21-2008, 06:27 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,745,369 times
My husband and I are complete opposites in just about everything....he zigs I zag but it works very well for us as we will be married 32 years in March. Never a dull moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships