Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 03:11 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times

Advertisements

Like the man can help if he is depressed. Maybe he has legitimate reasons and needs a helping hand and a hug.

If people have problems with him then they need to speak up or just accept him for whatever good qualities he might have.

Also there is nothing wrong with being a loner at all. It was forced upon you and now you've got to make the best out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Stuck, maybe you're giving off a depressed vibe and people avoid you. I don't know you in real life, but the vibe you're giving off here in the forum is that of a depressed person. Most people want to be around happy, upbeat people - it makes them feel better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 03:16 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,475,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Stuck, maybe you're giving off a depressed vibe and people avoid you. I don't know you in real life, but the vibe you're giving off here in the forum is that of a depressed person. Most people want to be around happy, upbeat people - it makes them feel better.
I've been pretty much the same way my entire life,it must be others who have changed.
Btw I don't buy into that whole deal about people always wanting to be around 'happy' 'upbeat' people,where I come from we were always just genuine and most of the 'cheery' people seemed fake to me. Besides,being around depressed people actually makes me feel like I've got it more together

Old 10-22-2008, 03:18 PM

I was going to say there are a lot of people I've met that prefer to hang out with those that are disadvantaged in some way..... not that I am suggesting anybody do that...

Old 10-22-2008, 03:19 PM

Btw artsy,correct response

Old 10-22-2008, 03:28 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,521 posts, read 6,328,608 times
Hon just because your alone doesnt mean you have to be lonely. Some of us are just introverts. I used to think the same as you but then I thought about it. And I realized I wouldnt be happy as the life of the party. Then Id be crabbin cause I couldnt get any peace cause nobody would let me alone.

Sometimes who you are is just fine, Just cause somebody else is happy doing something it doesnt mean you will be. Im by myself a lot. Im fine with it.

Old 10-22-2008, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
Hon just because your alone doesnt mean you have to be lonely. Some of us are just introverts. I used to think the same as you but then I thought about it. And I realized I wouldnt be happy as the life of the party. Then Id be crabbin cause I couldnt get any peace cause nobody would let me alone.

Sometimes who you are is just fine, Just cause somebody else is happy doing something it doesnt mean you will be. Im by myself a lot. Im fine with it.
I know all that and I don't long to be the life of the party or anything,it's just Sometimes it would be nice to hear a familiar voice or see a familar face. It gets tiring being out in the cold world after awhile.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:13 PM

I understand you StuckPA. It is pretty cold out there. I hope things warm up for you pretty soon. Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
I know all that and I don't long to be the life of the party or anything,it's just Sometimes it would be nice to hear a familiar voice or see a familar face. It gets tiring being out in the cold world after awhile.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:15 PM

Are you eating candy corn right now? Seriously, eating tons of sweets make me feel whole and self actualized. lol. The only problem is working off the tummy blubber that can grow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post

Old 10-22-2008, 05:16 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Every so often my wife comes home and tells me about someone from her younger years who she's just run into...now mind you this is in Philadelphia,a population of over a million yet she can run into people she knows! Meanwhile I'm from small towns and I couldn't even search my people down! What gives? Must be some sort of fate or something,all I know is I haven't had anything like that happen in so long I can't even remember.

It always puts things in perspective when something like that happens,and why we are the way we are today. It must be either where I'm from or a guy thing,b/c when I used to come across people I used to know they either pretended they didn't know me or we had a brief conversation and that was it. Even guys I used to be buddies with in school don't even respond.
That's why I started to turn inward at a young age and how that seems to have affected me socially to this day,I just don't bother anymore. Sad really.

Count yourself lucky having too my friends can be a PITA.

I don't have many friends either BTW

Old 10-22-2008, 05:17 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
guys that learn to turn inward have long happy marriages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships