Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 07:16 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,184,340 times

Advertisements

I think that it's very smart and just using their commonsense for ANYONE meeting someone on the internet. It's not a matter of having had other bad relationship experiences, but there is also a real problem with scam artists and other criminal types out there. And on the internet, we are able to meet people that are outside our normal daily life paths... and that is good, but the downside is that we really don't know who they are and don't have friends in common. There is no safety net. And sometimes their internet persona doesn't match up with who or what they are in real life.

And I can see that if a woman were about to go on a date from a matchmaking site, she would tell her friends about what she is about to do and they would telling her to be very careful. So that will add to her general apprehension.

And then blame every news story and crime tv show about abusive and opportunistic men. These days, the criminals are smarter and have learned from other past crimes. Life just isn't as simple and safe as it was when I was young in the 80's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 07:18 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,959,965 times
Aww frootloop....you are so sincere and gold hearted. That's what makes you special and unique. Good luck finding a good date. It's rare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frootloop6 View Post
Mathguy, I'll be happy to give you the addresses of the guys who scarred me so you can beat the crap out of them

Seriously though, a lot of women in my (our) age group have been treated like garbage, over and over and over and it's hard to go out on a first date, with someone you've never met, and not be a bit cautious.

I don't go out and immediately bring up all the past issues I had with my exes, but the past few guys I've dated have brought it up first. They want to figure out "what's wrong with me" that I haven't been married yet. Like being divorced a bunch of times would be better? I try to gloss over the breakups by saying things like "it just didn't work out" or "we wanted different things" not telling the guy that the "different things" were that I wanted a happy life together, and he wanted to go out and **** someone else.

From the posts I've read, you sound like a really great guy and I hope you find someone who appreciates all that you have to offer.

Old 11-09-2008, 10:25 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
lol good come back
Actually I kinda liked "Happy Helper Pants".

Old 11-09-2008, 10:31 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
And I can see that if a woman were about to go on a date from a matchmaking site, she would tell her friends about what she is about to do and they would telling her to be very careful.
Of course they would...that is natural. And if she is using her head, she will always let someone know where she is going, the name of who she is meeting, and their phone number. That is not being paranoid, just basic common sense.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:29 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,768,692 times
I understand what the OP is saying...
Alot of guys are just human debris when its comes to screwing over women..
Trying to get with married women,etc.
Most girlfriends i have had there was always a dude trying to get with her..
Hell even a really good friend of mine tried to get with my girl.
IMO its sad to see people so afraid to trust or seek love because of past wrongs.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:31 AM

918 posts, read 1,643,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
I understand what the OP is saying...
Alot of guys are just human debris when its comes to screwing over women..
Trying to get with married women,etc.
Most girlfriends i have had there was always a dude trying to get with her..
Hell even a really good friend of mine tried to get with my girl.
IMO its sad to see people so afraid to trust or seek love because of past wrongs.
Women always have someone chasing them.

And unfortunately, many of them go for it when the "right" person does it.

Old 11-10-2008, 12:02 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frootloop6 View Post
Mathguy, I'll be happy to give you the addresses of the guys who scarred me so you can beat the crap out of them

Can I help?

Old 11-10-2008, 01:16 PM

78,437 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Can I help?
Dude, with you on board....we can likely go after 3-4 at once and save time.

Old 11-10-2008, 01:31 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,184,340 times
Please also beat the crap out of any guy that's ever used roofies on his dates or even seriously thought about doing so.

Old 11-10-2008, 01:35 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Dude, with you on board....we can likely go after 3-4 at once and save time.
let's do it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships