Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 06:27 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Hmm... what if a lady wants to join? What happens to Sunil's Dad then...?
Sunil's Dad is definitely no dummy. We have worked out an elaborate system where I say..."Sunil, I haven't had sex in 2 years....please let me take this lady for a drive." Sunil's Dad then calls for a cab.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 06:53 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Sunil's Dad is definitely no dummy. We have worked out an elaborate system where I say..."Sunil, I haven't had sex in 2 years....please let me take this lady for a drive." Sunil's Dad then calls for a cab.
I figured you're no dummy, either...

Old 11-11-2008, 09:12 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Hmm... what if a lady wants to join? What happens to Sunil's Dad then...?
She can sit on my lap...........

Old 11-11-2008, 09:36 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,184,340 times
Quote:
.gets to show up to meet dates that are fearful for their safety, that he is really married or a general pervert.
What activities are you suggesting for these first dates? What about for the first dates, suggesting lunch and a stroll through an art museum? Keep to daytime activities until you both feel comfortable with each other. At some suggest a date where should could bring along a friend to meet you.

This reminds me of my old manager and how he met his wife. She was Swedish and visiting a mutual friend. The mutual friend thought that they'd like each other, so encouraged (privately by the mutual friend) he asked her out to dinner. She declined, unfazed then he invited her and the mutual friend out to brunch, his treat. Bingo! She said yes, and the rest is history. So... I think that between brunch in the daytime and having her friend along for comfort, was a winning combination. And being willing to meet her friends also shows that your intentions are honorable.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
What activities are you suggesting for these first dates? What about for the first dates, suggesting lunch and a stroll through an art museum? Keep to daytime activities until you both feel comfortable with each other. At some suggest a date where should could bring along a friend to meet you.

This reminds me of my old manager and how he met his wife. She was Swedish and visiting a mutual friend. The mutual friend thought that they'd like each other, so encouraged (privately by the mutual friend) he asked her out to dinner. She declined, unfazed then he invited her and the mutual friend out to brunch, his treat. Bingo! She said yes, and the rest is history. So... I think that between brunch in the daytime and having her friend along for comfort, was a winning combination. And being willing to meet her friends also shows that your intentions are honorable.
Thanks Miu but I have done very well with some dates in terms of them being comfortable etc. I just hit a patch of women that really shouldn't be dating and have since changed my profile to pre-filter these women out.

I think this has taken care of the situation nicely but we will have to see how things go in the near future.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:31 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
She can sit on my lap...........
LOL, that's one smart team! Considering you're married, though, you should do the driving and leave MG's lap available.

Old 11-11-2008, 10:32 AM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Thanks Miu but I have done very well with some dates in terms of them being comfortable etc. I just hit a patch of women that really shouldn't be dating and have since changed my profile to pre-filter these women out.

I think this has taken care of the situation nicely but we will have to see how things go in the near future.
Well I'd be interested to know how you have "pre-filtered" anyone out! It doesn't matter how many ways I say that I am not interested in a certain type, I routinely get traffic from them. I do my "filtering" via emails.

Old 11-11-2008, 11:01 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
LOL, that's one smart team! Considering you're married, though, you should do the driving and leave MG's lap available.
Just offering to make some space in order for others to join us..............

Old 11-11-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Well I'd be interested to know how you have "pre-filtered" anyone out! It doesn't matter how many ways I say that I am not interested in a certain type, I routinely get traffic from them. I do my "filtering" via emails.
I PM'd you my POF account name, you can read it for yourself. I think that guys can filter out gals more easily than vice-versa because the gals seem to actually read the profiles.

I nicely but firmly curb-kicked my lunch date from last tuesday and then wrote the stuff about "if you aren't ready to date....blah blah blah". She kinda pissed me off a bit because she seemed sweet and level headed (very average looks but I liked her humor etc) and had contacted me and wanted to meet for lunch but then was all scared when she got there....ugh. She seemed to feel bad about it in a later email, seemed like she wanted to try again....not gonna happen.

The crappy guys just buzz through the pics and shoot off a quick "hey baby" to see if you are desperate enough to screw them. I guess they throw out 100 and it works out with 1.

Old 11-11-2008, 03:16 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
I PM'd you my POF account name, you can read it for yourself. I think that guys can filter out gals more easily than vice-versa because the gals seem to actually read the profiles.

I nicely but firmly curb-kicked my lunch date from last tuesday and then wrote the stuff about "if you aren't ready to date....blah blah blah". She kinda pissed me off a bit because she seemed sweet and level headed (very average looks but I liked her humor etc) and had contacted me and wanted to meet for lunch but then was all scared when she got there....ugh. She seemed to feel bad about it in a later email, seemed like she wanted to try again....not gonna happen.

The crappy guys just buzz through the pics and shoot off a quick "hey baby" to see if you are desperate enough to screw them. I guess they throw out 100 and it works out with 1.
Yep...I think you nailed it. I certainly look at the pics, but I'd never contact someone without liking what the profile actually said about them. Yeesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships