Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 11:13 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,148,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Yes...I have live lawn ornaments! They can scare the heck out of you when you go out to start a vehicle at 5:00 AM!
Hey lol I want some live lawn ornaments , or do my greyhounds count when I let them out.
how cool would it be to have a moose hanging around.!!!

did anyone else fell the same way I did when I was single
dating is like a job interview.
if you think about it they are very similar

they both want to know about your past, what you expect of the postion and where do you want to be in 5 years
and you know after the first date/interview if there will be a 2nd

you may never look at dating the same way

I got married 3 1/2 years ago I was 46 it was my first marriage he was 32 his first also.
i knew it was right, because him being around didn't annoy me. Being single for so long you kinda get set in your ways. We were friends for 1 1/2 years and for one of the first time I didn't keep checking the clock to see "is it time to go home yet"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2007, 11:25 AM

11,401 posts, read 24,491,532 times
Greyhounds are definitely ornamental.

I don't like dating either. Prefer to meet people incidentally and have the opportunity to observe them for awhile. But I love having interesting new friends.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:24 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,127,493 times
Quote:
dating is like a job interview.
I once had a first date with a guy who just handed me his resume.

That was great. I wish everyone would do that. I'd love to be able to check "references" too.

I've been happily widowed for 20 years now. Errr... that sounds strange so I probably shouldn't say it out loud.

I love being single, but currently live with someone "on accident" (and that is a very long story....)

Old 03-05-2007, 04:52 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,399,404 times
I HATE being single. It sucks major butt. It's not fun anymore. Especially when you're ugly like me. GRRR!! If I was hotter!!! *shakes fist*

Old 03-05-2007, 07:14 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,235,954 times
I would love to find the right guy. Unfortunately, I'm 52 with a 9 & 13 YO. Good kids, but kids just the same. Spent a year on match.com and met a number of nice men, but none that both blew my skirt up and had the temperament for kids. Several were very vulnerable. Hard to find someone who wants me for me and would be good in the long-term with the family thing.

I'm not unhappy being alone, but there is nothing better than to have that balance, that added dimension, that a man brings to a family. And there was that other thing, too...

Old 03-05-2007, 07:37 PM

105 posts, read 244,392 times
Many in my circle of friends think I am strange because I truly enjoy being single. I am a single mother of two, now grown, children & I have no problem going for walks alone, or to the movies, or even dining out (I love eating at the bar - the 'tenders are usually fun to talk to) - the key is being ok with yourself. This is something I have tried, in vain, to teach my daughter - I don't need a man to complete my life (nor does she). What I want to be able to offer a man is myself - as a whole, competant & content woman. Do I get lonely sometimes? Of course I do, this is but a season of my life, however & it shall pass. I do not date as the "dating pool" where I live is rather slim - it just isn't worth the bother. I find fulfillment in life as a whole & healthy person, not as a twosome.

Old 03-06-2007, 05:38 AM

19,972 posts, read 30,284,784 times
very good posts!!
when i was single, i use the word "independent" not single,(or worse, alone) reflecting it was my "choice" to be independent.
its much better to be independent than to be in a screwed up relationship.
my hats off to all you single woman,(mothers) doing the best you can for yourself, ,but most of all, your kids.

the dating game can be scary, and its easy to avoid than risk,
however, being an island, does get cold at moments., i suggest, being good friends with many, including guys, no pressure of a relationship, just some you trust, to talk, and enjoy doing different things.
also, ladies, keep this in mind, yes many guys are total jerks, and a-holes, but thier are many that are very decent..where are they you say??
well, keep this in mind, its not easy for any fella, to ask, a lady out for a date, you risk rejection, and worse, if its someone in your friendly circle, or work.."everyone knows about it"
also, i use to hear,,,how come men are so damn wimpy nowadays???(from woman)
well, many of us, in the workplace, get drilled about sexual harrassment and just looking at a woman wrong, can get you fired. so, its pretty hard, to show ,,respected "interest"
so, if theres a decent guy, you know, that you wouldnt mind, ,,spending some innocent time with, let him know,,,but, STATE YOUR RULES AND EXPECTATIONS, RIGHT UP FRONT, tell him where you stand, and he will respect this.
guys arent good at all, trying to figure out woman, think thats why we die first, we know absolutely no more about woman at 70 than we do at 15,,,lol

Old 03-06-2007, 12:36 PM

32,622 posts, read 77,712,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzou View Post
I HATE being single. It sucks major butt. It's not fun anymore. Especially when you're ugly like me. GRRR!! If I was hotter!!! *shakes fist*

Don't feel so badly. We uglies will rise to rule the world someday! If nobody wants to date us based upon our grisly externalities, then we'll just have to prove ourselves as being worthy prospective catches through global domination!

Old 03-06-2007, 01:06 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,399,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
Don't feel so badly. We uglies will rise to rule the world someday! If nobody wants to date us based upon our grisly externalities, then we'll just have to prove ourselves as being worthy prospective catches through global domination!
LOL! Sounds like "Revenge of the Nerds" haha!

Maybe I should save up for some plastic surgery... Get a new mug that'd be good.

Whose the "hot new stuff" in Hollywood?
Get one of those faces lol. Because that paper bag plan certainly won't work. LOL!

Old 03-06-2007, 06:38 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,283,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
But Scranton, you have chocolate! That counts for something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships