Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 09:15 AM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I have had plenty of women tell me that nothing excites them more than a guy that ignores them during the whole dating process. You know.... a guy that doesn't return phone calls, doesn't answer calls, ditches them on dates, disappears inexplicably, you name it. So, why is this? And why is it such a successful technique?
I dont think it is. Perhaps your confusing being ignored and treated with disrespect with not wanting to be smothered. Women, the same as men, arent usually attracted to needy insecure people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 10:30 AM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Why would someone joke about that? I have seriously heard that statement 4 or 5 times in the last 3 years or so. I just got to thinking about it because my friend mentioned it to me on the phone the other night. We were talking about some dude that liked her, and she said something along the lines "maybe if he would have ignored me a bit I would have liked him more".
Now THAT is a different story dear. Not at all what you stated in your original post. It sounds like perhaps these women have been pursued by someone that was overzealous, clingy, and pushy, and quite frankly, that CAN be a turnoff. I expect you know that, and are making mountains out of molehills.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:32 AM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
You calling me old???
Or experienced??? LOL!
I am both!!

Old 12-17-2008, 11:10 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,694,209 times
I agree. I can't imagine a man or a woman wanting that kind of treatment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I dont think it is. Perhaps your confusing being ignored and treated with disrespect with not wanting to be smothered. Women, the same as men, arent usually attracted to needy insecure people.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:12 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,034,911 times
it works in person too. hot girls are used to all kinds of men drooling over them and breaking their necks checking out that azz that when a Man does NOT do that to them it is different and it makes them wonder why...plus, she'll later appreciate that man's attention, more so, when she gets it in the future.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:25 AM

78,423 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
I have had plenty of women tell me that nothing excites them more than a guy that ignores them during the whole dating process. You know.... a guy that doesn't return phone calls, doesn't answer calls, ditches them on dates, disappears inexplicably, you name it. So, why is this? And why is it such a successful technique?
This is a tactic for dating insecure young women. Basically, mildly abuse them mentally so they feel like crap and that by having your attention they are happy.

No woman I would WANT to date would respond favorably to these tactics.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:27 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,034,911 times
there are entire books written about ignoring or "negging" women to get them interested in you....sad but true.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:40 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
When I was in that scene, I would do the ignoring.

He's right. I mean, to an extent.

I was with some friends one time on the road in my cool car and we got up next to a car load of hot gals. I played the rev up the engine and I took off as they looked at us.
My friend started yelling at me, "Wait up for them!!"

I said, "Watch."

Within a matter of minutes she was right there by us. She sped up to catch us. I laughed. I bet the gals were saying, "Catch up to them...go go go!!"

It's all a cat and mouse game.

I'm sure alot of good looking gals are hit on all the time and when she meets the one man that is looking right through her or acts as if he doesn't see her...well, that is intriguing.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:45 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
This is a tactic for dating insecure young women. Basically, mildly abuse them mentally so they feel like crap and that by having your attention they are happy.

No woman I would WANT to date would respond favorably to these tactics.
Ha-ha, then I'm guessing these tactics are being played on YOU! The game is one and the same, but the genders of the players do change.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:46 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,955,404 times
My wife of ten years told me:

"If you would have came on strong and hit on me and stuff I would have never given you the time or the day. I just don't like guys who are really forward."

I played it cool and let her come to me.

Kept my mouth shut most of the time. If I would have opened it I may not have had a chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships