Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 10:36 PM

9 posts, read 20,929 times

Advertisements

I went on the 3ird date with this guy last night. He's so funny and sweet, he always make sure I feel comfortable. We kissed, and it was the best kiss I ever had. He asked if we can get together today, I didn't give him a firm answer but agreed meet next weekend. Then he drove me home and we kissed again...... But he didn't show up at all today. Actually he did show up at yahoo Im but didn't say anything to me. Not even a hello.... What is this all about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2008, 10:45 PM

37,624 posts, read 46,016,337 times
So you saw him online and he didn't say anything to you. Well, perhaps he didn't have time? If his messenger settings are such that he is logged in whenever he goes on to yahoo...then he could very well have been too busy to chat at the time. You said didn't give him a firm answer. So what did you expect?? I don't think you should think anything of it at all. If you don't hear anything in a week, then I'd move on.

Old 12-22-2008, 12:30 AM

1,961 posts, read 4,385,931 times
99% of the time when I am on the internet I have 5-6 tabs open. A lot of times I click over onto facebook or gmail and realize that I missed an IM from a friend. I would not worry about it.

And if he is dissing you? You are better off with someone who shares your communication style.

Old 12-22-2008, 01:22 AM

3,853 posts, read 12,869,001 times
manipulation tactic. Chicks use it all the time to withhold sex (which is a good reason to NOT buy stuff for chicks or go on dates etc.)

Basically what he is doing is he is making it appear like you aren't important. He has better things to do, is more important etc. For the woman this crushes her confidence because you start to think, "what did I do wrong?" "What did he not like about me? etc" When you do meet him again, you'll be more likely to give into his demands.

and yes, this tactic DOES work.

Old 12-22-2008, 04:27 AM

930 posts, read 2,423,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mengli View Post
He asked if we can get together today, I didn't give him a firm answer
And you like him???

I woulda given him a really firm answer. And it rhymes with "yes".

Old 12-22-2008, 10:10 AM

1,961 posts, read 4,385,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
manipulation tactic. Chicks use it all the time to withhold sex (which is a good reason to NOT buy stuff for chicks or go on dates etc.)

Basically what he is doing is he is making it appear like you aren't important. He has better things to do, is more important etc. For the woman this crushes her confidence because you start to think, "what did I do wrong?" "What did he not like about me? etc" When you do meet him again, you'll be more likely to give into his demands.

and yes, this tactic DOES work.

It is also really really possible that he was involved in something and did not have the time to say hello on line.

Trying to evaluate such small things is just as bad of a game, and in the end hurts the person who spends way more time trying to evaluate every small thing.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:38 AM

5,289 posts, read 1,233,275 times
I'd say he probably didn't notice or didn't have time to chat. I'm at work right now, and have more than 1 tab open (I'm helping some friends out, playing Secretary at a law firm, it is great...more $$$ which is nice this time of the year!). Give it a few days before you start to fret.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:45 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,118,303 times
I'm confused: Why are you disappointed that he didn't show up when you didn't give him a firm answer? Was he suppose to show up and hope that you were available? If you saw him on Yahoo why didn't you say hi? Or ask him what time he planned on coming over? He's probably wondering what's up with you. He doesn't know if you like him or not because you are playing games.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:59 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,489,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
I'm confused: Why are you disappointed that he didn't show up when you didn't give him a firm answer? Was he suppose to show up and hope that you were available? If you saw him on Yahoo why didn't you say hi? Or ask him what time he planned on coming over? He's probably wondering what's up with you. He doesn't know if you like him or not because you are playing games.
See why us guys get SO confused sometimes?

Old 12-22-2008, 11:00 AM

968 posts, read 2,589,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
See why us guys get SO confused sometimes?
Amen to that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships