Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 03:15 PM

212 posts, read 754,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
No, actually you said she has big "booms".

hahaha didnt realise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 03:22 PM

36,423 posts, read 16,036,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too-Much-Too-Young View Post
hahaha didnt realise
Funny, I thought they were called Booms in Ireland. BTW don't give the kitty any more treats

Old 01-06-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Omg I feel so sorry for you. Your friend sounds so terrible.

In all reality you need to toughen up and get over your high and mighty self right now. Your friend is going through the motions like any other adult and might be in an experimental phase which is absolutely harmless.

If she is out spoken and articulate then let her be that way. If people are put off by her out spoken ways, then so what, that is their problem, they could be selfish bitter snobs for all you know. If they had any tact and respect they would get over it and just go with the flow and let her speak her mind and accept her as is....
Whoa artsy dont hold back, "get over your high and mighty self" - well sorry for having a little self worth and not wanting every aspect that makes me ME being copied.

I agree with you on the second part totally. I have never said once that I don't like the REAL her - I love the fact that she is outspoken and outgoing, i do let her be. I just don't like her being me!

Old 01-06-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
Funny, I thought they were called Booms in Ireland. BTW don't give the kitty any more treats
Im slow - what do you mean 'dont give the kitty any more treats'??

Old 06-17-2009, 01:02 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,054,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMTY View Post
One of my closest friends is currently driving me MAD! I mean I love her; she is one of my oldest and dearest friends. Sorry for the long post its a bit of a rant.

She is 24 but has never had a boyfriend or any sort of relationship - she is very attractive, fit, big booms etc but she is very full on. All of my male friends scamper of when she enters the room because it’s like the Spanish inquisition, lol. This is not the problem I love her big bubbly personality and the way she could talk to the wall, I’m just trying to explain the reasons why guys are scared away.

She has started copying me – the way I dress, the makeup I wear and the way I act. I have known her for more than 15 years and I know this is not her – she doesn’t like funk or rock music, she’s a Barbie girl, she doesn’t rock the little black dress look with red lipstick she’s a Barbie girl everything has to be colourful, and she isn’t relaxed by nature someone who rather listens than talks – she’s loud and outgoing. All those things are me and she is eating away at my personality, I can’t stand it! I don’t like the new her but as a good friend I have to be supportive but I miss my old friend. One of me is enough! I feel like I’m in a competition with her even though I’m not competing. How can I get her to stop? Or do I just have to let this phase pass, If it is a phase?

Deep down I know she is doing this to grab a man, she always goes on about me having no problems with men. But trust me I do. I have a lot of male friends but that’s just because I have always got on with guys. How can I make her see that changing her personality isn’t the answer? And that she should back down and stop buying the same clothes as me!!! It’s too weird.

Has this ever happened to you? What did you do?
My BFF used to be EXTREME like this back when we were in our early 20's and is still somewhat like this now that we're a little older. If I bought an outfit, she would go out and buy it, but in a different color. Same with boots. If she saw me with a pair of boots on, when we would go out the next week-end, she'd have them on but in a different color. The crazy thing is she would NEVER say "oh, those are cute" or "you look nice", she'd just go out and copy everything I had on. It was the most irritating situation I've ever had to deal with and its not easy to say to someone "why you wanna be like me all the time?"......so I just had to grin and bear it for YEARS, and I still do, but she isn't as extreme with it like she used to be. People I introduce her to now, will pull me aside later and say "she wants to be like you sooo bad" and I just laugh. I've been hearing that for years. They say 'imitation is the biggest form of flattery'.

Old 06-17-2009, 04:38 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,551,567 times
Imitiation is flattering, but trying to one up or transform oneself into someone else is creepy. Not healthy. I'd have a problem with it.

I knew a gal who'd borrow my clothes, which was okay. But then she'd try to block every bit of attention men gave me and eventually went NASCAR left. Had to give her the boot - and told her it wasn't a loan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships