Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 05:38 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
When people tell you something, LISTEN. He is telling you he is falling out and is not certain about staying in the relationship...that is something you need to really LISTEN to and consider.

Perhaps a break from the relationship is in order. Focus on your career and let him focus on whatever else it is that makes you happy.

Maybe you will both end up on the same page and maybe not.
Agreed. However, I'm not sure I'd consider it a real relationship until we met and got to know each other in person. You buy homes 'sight unseen' usually out of desperation, you don't do it with people and relationships. I'd probably be feeling the same as he claims he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 05:39 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
i had a girlfriend that bitterly complained about my lack of committment.
so i had her committed.
Ok, losing credibility real fast here, huck. Slip-sliding away.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:28 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruFiend View Post
I'm suppose to be moving to the city he's living in within a month or two for my job and we will be close again, and NOW all of a sudden AGAIN he's having these "doubts".......)

I'm wondering if ALL guys are this friggin flaky???? Or if he's just scared of committment or something?
I hope you'd be moving because of a job to a city you like and not just to be close to him...

Some people (usually personality-disordered people) can't stand things going right and have the need to inflict drama into the relationship constantly. They deliberately initiate break-ups, so it can start over fresh every time. However, the honeymoon part of the cycles get shorter and shorter and the hell parts longer and longer. It's a common trend among abusers, too.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:29 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Some people (usually personality-disordered people) can't stand things going right and have the need to inflict drama into the relationship constantly. They deliberately initiate break-ups, so it can start over fresh every time. However, the honeymoon part of the cycles get shorter and shorter and the hell parts longer and longer. It's a common trend among abusers, too.
Sage words.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:48 PM

303 posts, read 1,561,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaruFiend View Post
hahaha :P Well my JOB is what is taking me out there........ he's the secondary thing.... but what the crap????........ for the past year we've both been talking about how we can't wait for me to finally get transfered and then right when it finally starts getting going he gets cold feet or something

(BEFORE he moved out there, like a year ago, we were AWESOME as a couple when he lived here..... then HE moved cuz of HIS job and it's been strained ever since. But BEFORE he moved we hardly EVER fought and he NEVER got cold feet like this!)
Maybe he's used to being alone and somewhat "single" even though it is a long distance relationship. The thought of losing that type of "freedom" may scare him, and he may be reluctant to commit.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:48 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
Ok, losing credibility real fast here, huck. Slip-sliding away.
you are right its not my strong area, however cats love me. but then again they are simple beautiful creatures who ask for so little and are content with basic needs being fulfilled and some kindness.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:59 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
When people tell you something, LISTEN. He is telling you he is falling out and is not certain about staying in the relationship...that is something you need to really LISTEN to and consider.

Perhaps a break from the relationship is in order. Focus on your career and let him focus on whatever else it is that makes you happy.

Maybe you will both end up on the same page and maybe not.

yup....

Old 02-01-2009, 07:40 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Many people are flaky.

Old 02-02-2009, 11:51 AM

809 posts, read 2,884,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
Agreed. However, I'm not sure I'd consider it a real relationship until we met and got to know each other in person. You buy homes 'sight unseen' usually out of desperation, you don't do it with people and relationships. I'd probably be feeling the same as he claims he is.

He lived here before he moved so we knew each other in PERSON before he moved away....... for 5 years actually

Old 02-02-2009, 11:53 AM

809 posts, read 2,884,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I hope you'd be moving because of a job to a city you like and not just to be close to him...

WOW, I never thought about it that way. This DOES sort of sound like him. We don't break up a lot, but over this past year he has had ups and downs where one month he's totally in love and committed and is almost to the point of being clingy, and then the next month he does what he's doing now where he says he feels like he's "falling out" and starts to initiate what seems like a break up but we never fully break up.

I do have to say though that when he lived HERE he wasn't like that. It's only been this past year that he's been away.

OH, and at FIRST I wanted to move just to be closer to him. But I've vacationed where he lives now and I LOVE that area. At first we planned all things together, but then I realized that I needed to plan JUST for myself for when I move out there. Because of his flakiness I've been looking for my own place, planning my own transfer, saving my own money so that I can be financially independent. I LOVEEEEEE the area too which is a huge bonus. I have tons of reasons for moving there, he's only one of many
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships