Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 12:47 PM

1,776 posts, read 4,004,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiwos View Post
Absolutely. I'd go so far as to stress the importance of flushing the condom down the toilet, to ensure the seed is lost. Some women are that deceitful; after all, they win a mini-lottery (kids they want, and 18 years of $$ to raise them) if the guy takes responsibility for a pregnancy.
You gonna clog your lines if you keep flushing rubbers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 02:05 PM

563 posts, read 1,025,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
You gonna clog your lines if you keep flushing rubbers
Ahh, but Heiwos brings up another very good point; so I guess a zip-lock bag will work if, as you claim, the toilet will get clogged. Since I'm not a plumber I don't know. Anyhow, I agree with Heiwos - don't leave it behind. This is reality now, unfortunately.

Old 02-20-2009, 02:11 PM

1,776 posts, read 4,004,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnow View Post
Ahh, but Heiwos brings up another very good point; so I guess a zip-lock bag will work if, as you claim, the toilet will get clogged. Since I'm not a plumber I don't know. Anyhow, I agree with Heiwos - don't leave it behind. This is reality now, unfortunately.
My dad is a plumber and he owns rental properties. Some of the stuff people flush is ridiculous.

Old 02-20-2009, 02:18 PM

563 posts, read 1,025,903 times
OK then, condoms and zip-lock bags!

Old 02-20-2009, 04:25 PM

438 posts, read 947,143 times
WTF....how would one even force a woman to have an abortion? Drug her and hold her down? Threaten her with jail time if she didn't comply? If men could just declare that they didn't want a child and therefore the woman is now required to abort it, what incentive would there be for them to act responsibly? "Who cares about a condom, I can always make her get an abortion"....bleh!!!! Pregnancy is totally in the female arena...we have to put up with that thing hogging all our bodily resources and then gotta squeeze the bugger out...nobody should be telling women that they MUST have an abortion, or that they MUST NOT. It is a woman's own discretion.
Guys who are worried about the women getting pregnant with used condoms....who are you sleeping with??? If you can't trust a partner not to knock herself up that way as a method of draining you of money...I mean...you've got issues. Don't hook up with crazy skanks. Is that difficult? Is it such a horrible thing not to take your pants off for a quickie with a stranger? Why not invest in finding a girl you actually care about, who cares about you? Who won't jam a turkey baster in herself in the quest for child support. Oy vey

Old 02-20-2009, 05:05 PM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlineerik View Post
Should the rule be that if either one of the parents says "no" then there has to be an abort?
Ummm....NO. Good grief. You're kidding, right???

Welcome to manhood bro.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:07 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,178,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlineerik View Post
...it's still wierd to me that the guy doesn't have a saying at all.
The law is quite clear: it is her decision and her decision alone. He has no say in the matter.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:08 PM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akck View Post
Whether you like it or not, he gave his consent the second he had unprotected sex.
Actually he gave consent whether there was protection used or not.
Wake up people. Protection is NOT 100%. All you can do is hope.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:30 PM

960 posts, read 1,163,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastelito de limon View Post
Why not invest in finding a girl you actually care about, who cares about you? Who won't jam a turkey baster in herself in the quest for child support. Oy vey
Haha. I was thinking in terms of my young son. The ones willing to use the turkey baster may act normal otherwise. A friend of mine was in a LTR with a woman who kept trying to take the condom off, she wanted children so bad. Never underestimate the maternal instinct I say. Given the consequences, best for the guy to trust no woman fully.

Last edited by Heiwos; 02-20-2009 at 05:43 PM..

Old 02-20-2009, 07:18 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,856,820 times
(From Slate after a rash of columns on the Bristol Palin interview)

The Real Problem With Bristol

The thing that is so irritating about the Bristol Palin episode is that it is just one more example of “children having children” and then getting unjustified positive attention. Such media circuses usually highlight a girl from a well to do background, who has little trouble managing the burden of a baby. This is just another inappropriate role model. Then a reply is like this:

Re: Exactly This, Is What Woman Have to Fear from Other Women
by melissam114 02/18/2009
“I used to enjoy reading XX, but the whole teen pregnancy thing strikes a nerve with me. When I got pregnant in college I went from the student with so much promise to the stupid unwed mother who ruined her life by getting knocked up. I wasn't much older than Bristol Palin when I had my son and I paid dearly for many years as I struggled to balance work and home life without the benefit of flex-time, affordable childcare or, for many years, paid sick leave. I try to read these posts in a cool, rational manner, but reading some of these posts makes me wonder how these same women would have discussed me fifteen years ago.”
When I read this, my initial inclination was to dash of a pithy reply on a topic that, while I find it irritating, is far from my every day concerns. I’ve seen this attitude exhibited and position stated many times and it always strikes me as self serving and eliciting pity. When she states: “I went from the student with so much promise to the stupid unwed mother who ruined her life by getting knocked up”, I really must ask: Why? Was this not your decision?
While many men would arrogantly blame the single mother for not employing birth control and not getting an abortion, I realize that the first point is moot and the second is not an option for many. However there is a third option, adoption that is seldom being considered anymore. Given the lost potential for this mother and the considerably less than optimal environment for her to raise her child, adoption seems like a reasonable decision to make.
But this is seldom happening anymore. What is it about our society and culture that has suddenly made this so unacceptable? Is this a way of getting even with the father or do they believe that the father is the best man they can possibly ever hope to get for their child?
There is an enormous pool of couples who are desperate to adopt a baby because they cannot have children of their own. This has them travelling the world looking for opportunities to adopt. Meanwhile, many single mothers have a difficult time coping and this has resulted in far too many children, aged 6 to 14, in the child welfare system, looking for the impossible: families who can deal with severe emotional and behavioral problems. These two issues are not completely unrelated. But even if child welfare never gets involved, is not the proliferation of single parents destroying the potential of so many children, through poverty, being stretched for time and many other problems?
I grew up in an era where adoption in such situations was the norm. I knew of a number of children who were adopted into good, middle class families. At that time, there were so many to place that some of families adopted in addition to having several children of their own. This was not a prelude to failure – in fact, I know of some who were very successful. Adopted children usually have a genetic endowment that enables them to thrive in a solid, stable and loving environment.
This issue needs to be addressed. What has caused adoption to get such a bad name? Have a few over-publicized failures stained the reputation of an otherwise very reasonable option for young women, when their birth control fails?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships