Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 05:37 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,700,426 times

Advertisements

I would say several years ago I would have agreed to date a single mom, if she had one child and the situation with the father was squared away.

Now I would say NO. I have seen enough it's not worth it for me to risk it. Most of the single moms I see have mental issues and/or drama going on and having children out of wedlock usually indicates a screw loose. And also if they picked someone so bad they ended up alone that calls into question their judgment.

I'm sure there are nice single moms out there but I really can't be bothered anymore. I can't stand drama and I'd like to live a life without dealing with other peoples problems, so I'm just not going there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 05:42 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,151,323 times
I understand that dating a single mom isn't for everyone, but we're not all bad...I promise.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:47 PM

52,349 posts, read 52,808,634 times
I dated a single mom years ago. Her child was pretty young, 3 or 4 I think. He was a well mannered child. I'm sorta embarrassed to admit it, but I didn't like that everything had to be planned, no spontaneity. That's to be expected obviously when there's children involved.

Just not my bag I guess.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:51 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,748,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
I just need to vent a little frustration. I am out in the dating game giving 100% just like most single guys in their mid-20's, but I have hit a rut lately where every attractive, single woman I meet has at LEAST one kid and was never married to the father.

Don't get me wrong. I love kids and want to have a family of my own someday. If I were in my 40's and still single, I would accept the fact that there probably aren't going to be too many childless women in my dating pool. But at 26, I'm just not ready for a ready-made family.

So here is my question. Doesn't ANYONE wait to get MARRIED before they have babies anymore? Mitt Romney caught some flack for saying basically the same thing at CPAC last year, but the man is right. Take it from a 26-year-old male who is tired of his dating pool being saturated with kids. Time for the lifeguard to blow the whistle for adults-only swim.

End rant.
I apologize for not reading all the posts in this thread--maybe this has been answered already. I have a question.

These hot, single women you're hoping to date ... are you hoping to have sex with them? I ask because I hear a lot of flack about single women with kids, but guess what? They didn't magically get pregnant. Sometimes people get lazy with birth control. Sometimes people think they are in love but it doesn't turn out well. Condoms and pills do fail from time to time, and sometimes that random thing happens. And sometimes the woman thinks she'll just get an abortion if it comes to that, only to figure out that she can't go through with it.

So I ask you: Are you hoping for some premarital nookie with some hot young thing? The next kid born out of wedlock could be yours, you know.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I dated a single mom years ago. Her child was pretty young, 3 or 4 I think. He was a well mannered child. I'm sorta embarrassed to admit it, but I didn't like that everything had to be planned, no spontaneity. That's to be expected obviously when there's children involved.

Just not my bag I guess.
Yea, that's definitely a challenge, and I've had a few guys get scared off by that.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:52 PM

990 posts, read 2,561,566 times
I'm not looking for a virgin, but heck,,,, kids!!! Too much for me. I'll just have to continue the search.

People have no idea that their actions, and choices, have consequences.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:56 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,046,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
I just need to vent a little frustration. I am out in the dating game giving 100% just like most single guys in their mid-20's, but I have hit a rut lately where every attractive, single woman I meet has at LEAST one kid and was never married to the father.

Don't get me wrong. I love kids and want to have a family of my own someday. If I were in my 40's and still single, I would accept the fact that there probably aren't going to be too many childless women in my dating pool. But at 26, I'm just not ready for a ready-made family.

So here is my question. Doesn't ANYONE wait to get MARRIED before they have babies anymore? Mitt Romney caught some flack for saying basically the same thing at CPAC last year, but the man is right. Take it from a 26-year-old male who is tired of his dating pool being saturated with kids. Time for the lifeguard to blow the whistle for adults-only swim.End rant.

Hmmm, you have posted an interesting topic as I do notice what you are talking about. However, lets be fair, there are a lot of men out there who have children but you don't know that because they walked out of the relationship years ago. Some guys, AKA scum, even go as far as to deny they even have children mean while the mom is working two jobs to make ends meet!

Anyhow, as far as I'm concerned, I blame the degeneracy of the American culture that breeds people to excessively pursue fun and avoid responsibility.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:56 PM

78,581 posts, read 60,785,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
I understand that dating a single mom isn't for everyone, but we're not all bad...I promise.
Actually....single mom is a PLUS for some guys....again, it's the age\maturity thing.

Also, there are a number of single-parent dads out there.

I can see how for some 20-something guys it's a major major step to take. I might start dating a 35yo. gal with 3 kids here in the next month or so...she actually refuses to date guys without kids anymore because they don't get it.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Actually....single mom is a PLUS for some guys....again, it's the age\maturity thing.

Also, there are a number of single-parent dads out there.

I can see how for some 20-something guys it's a major major step to take. I might start dating a 35yo. gal with 3 kids here in the next month or so...she actually refuses to date guys without kids anymore because they don't get it.
I think you're right about it being a major step for young guys. Many of them aren't emotionally or financially mature to care for a kid yet. It's no big deal; you can't expect a guy in his early 20s to suddenly take on a kid if he's not ready.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
Hmmm, you have posted an interesting topic as I do notice what you are talking about. However, lets be fair, there are a lot of men out there who have children but you don't know that because they walked out of the relationship years ago. Some guys, AKA scum, even go as far as to deny they even have children!

Anyhow, as far as I'm concerned, I blame the degeneracy of the American culture that breeds people to excessively pursue fun and avoid responsibility.
Very insightful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships