Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2018, 03:02 PM

52,306 posts, read 52,756,330 times

Advertisements

I remember this thread from years back. The OP was a type of guy that rubbed a lot of women the wrong way and he's not posting here anymore, at least that I know of. I actually agreed with him. I too back in my 20's when single could hardly meet women without kids. Like the OP said, you can sort expect that most women by their 40's will typically have kids, not all, but a majority and If I were single now, I'd have to accept that I probably wouldn't find a childfree woman. Like the OP was saying you should be able to find a decent amount of women in their early mid 20's without kids, but whatever. People supposedly these days are having kids later so maybe the current crop of mid 20's people have it better in that respect. I never had a problem with kids or the fact that it was some other guy's spawn or whatever people say, it's really just the lack of spontaneity and also the responsibility level. A child free woman can just drop all things and decide to jump on a 45 min flight to Vegas if so or fill in the blank.

I'm very selfish with my time and that's kind of how I approached it. I wanna be able to do what I want and when I want and not have to deal with child care or whatever.

It's probably a non-issue for me now if I were in he dating game because most women in my age range that have kids most of them are probably older and more on their own anyways, so who knows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 03:06 PM

102,228 posts, read 108,040,687 times
I still believe it depends to a large extent on geography, as to whether there are child-free women in their 40's, available and willing to date. It's common on the West Coast and Boston and NYC, and other liberal enclaves, very common.

Old 09-03-2018, 07:04 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,874,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I absolutely refuse to date a woman who has children.

I don't want that level of responsibility.

I'm sure there are nice single moms out there but I don't have the patience and don't want to deal with kids who aren't mine.
Well, having a long term girlfriend and vasectomy, you must be glad you don't have to worry about that anymore!

Old 09-03-2018, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
How many pages did you have to go back to find a thread that's been dormant since 2010? I always wonder how something from almost a decade ago is somehow stumbled upon.
I think it's puzzling too. Then when its noted that a 40+ y.o. guy wants to get back to complaining about 20y.o. women almost a decade later....even more head scratching.

People post and quote posters who had a comment 9 years ago, like the conversation is suspended and ready to begin again. Maybe the activities of 20 y.o. women is changing. Sometimes a person changes their opinion in that time.

My daughter is in her 20s, not interested in having children, has had the same bf for 3 years, and so I have no doubt she will not be making any announcements to me until she decides. None of her friends have children at that age, either. Not one.

Old 09-03-2018, 08:34 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,730,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I think it's puzzling too. Then when its noted that a 40+ y.o. guy wants to get back to complaining about 20y.o. women almost a decade later....even more head scratching.

People post and quote posters who had a comment 9 years ago, like the conversation is suspended and ready to begin again. Maybe the activities of 20 y.o. women is changing. Sometimes a person changes their opinion in that time.

My daughter is in her 20s, not interested in having children, has had the same bf for 3 years, and so I have no doubt she will not be making any announcements to me until she decides. None of her friends have children at that age, either. Not one.
I'm a single woman in her 20s and I don't have any kids either. Of course, where I am that's a bit rare. My best friend literally just got married last year and had her second baby a few days ago. I think a lot of this does depend on where you are. But one thing I can't stand is this back and forth.

We can't win in this forum.

If she is a single mother, she has bad judgement, baggage, and she's damaged goods.
If she hits a certain age and is not in a relationship and doesn't have kids, she's constantly reminded that she's getting older and her "clock is ticking."
If she likes sex, she's loose and promiscuous. If she isn't very sexually active, she's a prude.

Just to name a few, at some point it makes you want to say EFF this. It's really amazing sometimes. Watch someone is going to pop up, deflect, and dismiss everything I'm saying.

Last edited by Auraliea; 09-03-2018 at 09:08 PM..

Old 09-03-2018, 09:09 PM

710 posts, read 585,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
I absolutely refuse to date a woman who has children.

I don't want that level of responsibility.

I'm sure there are nice single moms out there but I don't have the patience and don't want to deal with kids who aren't mine.
Not to mention the permanent attachment to another man who will likely always be in the picture and the potential drama that could spring from that.

Old 09-04-2018, 09:35 PM

1,687 posts, read 1,284,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
Not to mention the permanent attachment to another man who will likely always be in the picture and the potential drama that could spring from that.
This.

One might learn to get along with a kid but, being civil to a deadbeat dad? No!

Old 09-04-2018, 09:41 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,930,928 times
There are even more threads about this topic on here than there are single women in their 20's with kids....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageX View Post
This.

One might learn to get along with a kid but, being civil to a deadbeat dad? No!
If the dad is a deadbeat, then hopefully he isn't in the kid(s) life. So therefore, you hopefully won't have to be civil to a deadbeat dad or deal with one whatsoever, if the woman has any backbone or brains.

Old 09-04-2018, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
There are even more threads about this topic on here than there are single women in their 20's with kids....

If the dad is a deadbeat, then hopefully he isn't in the kid(s) life. So therefore, you hopefully won't have to be civil to a deadbeat dad or deal with one whatsoever, if the woman has any backbone or brains.
It's always a crowded first date with those single moms, isn't RLT? Suddenly Sperm Donor is trying to get into the car too, to fight with Nice New Guy who's lowering himself to bring Mom out, even if she does have that kid strapped to her back wanting dinner. See it every day. He was going to pay for both their meals at Wendy's, but now...uh no. Not pulling a fast one on these guys. That's why they stay home: those sneaky single moms out there, looking for dinner and alimony.

Old 09-05-2018, 12:06 AM

24,664 posts, read 9,482,550 times
OP made his rant in 2009, the Tinder Dating App came out around 2013. I hope he didn't miss out on this great piece of technology that allows you to match with people who don't have kids.

Yes, many young people are single parents and have kids, there's nothing I can do about it. All I can do is keep searching

Luckily, my search has come to an end because I'm now engaged but it sure wasn't easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships