Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 10:18 PM

6,575 posts, read 6,749,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by self-made View Post
I have never understood why some men think women do not "look" at men and look often. Perhaps it's because many of us are subtle in our quest to enjoy and admire the male form.

And, yes, women are just as visual as men.
Yes....the women are not visual nonsense is nothing but folklore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2018, 07:53 PM

6,470 posts, read 16,415,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisTown123 View Post
Chances are, they stopped using the pill, or didn't use a condom once, and that's all it took. They were likely routinely not using birth control.
OP I think it seems like a large percentage of sexually active people (teens and adults...guessing) stopped using condoms at some point. The STD rates across the country increased sharply in the past several years according to some studies I read.

I also noticed some people really do not use protection at all...like condoms. Maybe because of the lack of advertising about why condoms are useful? I'm not sure. Some of the studies are surmising that online dating may be the cause.

We also had some sort of surge (again according to studies) in opiate addiction and alcohol abuse. And probably in weed use, too...since is is legal in so many places. Maybe people are horny, but just too out of it to take precautions. This seems like it would manifest itself in unmarried pregnancy rates too if the mom did not plan on the pregnancy...

Old 09-10-2018, 10:05 PM

3,926 posts, read 2,039,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
OP I think it seems like a large percentage of sexually active people (teens and adults...guessing) stopped using condoms at some point. The STD rates across the country increased sharply in the past several years according to some studies I read.

I also noticed some people really do not use protection at all...like condoms. Maybe because of the lack of advertising about why condoms are useful? I'm not sure. Some of the studies are surmising that online dating may be the cause.

We also had some sort of surge (again according to studies) in opiate addiction and alcohol abuse. And probably in weed use, too...since is is legal in so many places. Maybe people are horny, but just too out of it to take precautions. This seems like it would manifest itself in unmarried pregnancy rates too if the mom did not plan on the pregnancy...
Here.. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/stds-on...record-levels/

Old 09-11-2018, 12:37 AM

1,687 posts, read 1,284,162 times
Lots of teenage girls get knocked up by the local / school big jocks / thugs etc... to some extent it's human nature.

2 women I know each had a kid at 16. One is a property manager, another is a doctor. One woman think she's better cuz' she waited till 26 to have their first kid but, had 3 kids by 3 different dudes and she basically a welfare queen...

Old 09-11-2018, 05:15 AM

15,221 posts, read 10,331,805 times
Quote:
Yeah, that's kind of a dealbreaker for me, and for those people not aligned with others who have older children (empty nesters), vs younger children...even though they are parents of the same age bracket.

So I may be better off dating a woman with kids, simply because I know a single mother won't want anymore. Or hopefully find a woman that prefers to remain childless.

There are women that really think they don't want children, they marry a man who feels the same and one day they decide they must have a baby. A guy I went out with a few times told me that's how he wound up with his only child. The wife started putting tiny holes in the condoms and telling him it was a "safe" day when it really wasn't. She did get pregnant, it turn out he was a great father but when he found out she had tricked him into being a father they got a divorce.

Old 09-11-2018, 05:38 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,039,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
There are women that really think they don't want children, they marry a man who feels the same and one day they decide they must have a baby. A guy I went out with a few times told me that's how he wound up with his only child. The wife started putting tiny holes in the condoms and telling him it was a "safe" day when it really wasn't. She did get pregnant, it turn out he was a great father but when he found out she had tricked him into being a father they got a divorce.
That's just an outlier story. He should have gotten a vasectomy. Plus, the over 40 crowd, even less likely.

Old 09-11-2018, 06:07 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,624,388 times
Quote:
And then there are women who really don’t want children and aren’t going to go nuts someday and start poking holes into condoms. lol

Quote:
That's just an outlier story. He should have gotten a vasectomy. Plus, the over 40 crowd, even less likely.
Exactly.

Old 09-11-2018, 07:16 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,771,805 times
Quote:
Far as I’m concerned, that woman should have been prosecuted. I place that behavior in the same category as knowingly exposing someone to HIV/AIDS without telling them. I think that is absolutely criminal and good on dude for not putting up with it.

Old 09-11-2018, 10:02 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,314,142 times
Quote:
Yeah, that's kind of a dealbreaker for me, and for those people not aligned with others who have older children (empty nesters), vs younger children...even though they are parents of the same age bracket.

So I may be better off dating a woman with kids, simply because I know a single mother won't want anymore. Or hopefully find a woman that prefers to remain childless.
In my situation, most of the women I met had kids. It made me discouraged cause I didn't want to get involved with that responsibility.

Then last year my now wife approached me and she didn't want kids either. In her words, the thought of getting pregnant sends her into anxiety. So I got lucky and met a woman who felt the same as I do and I'm happy about that.

Old 09-11-2018, 11:10 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,375,977 times
Quote:
Quote:
A lack of sex education also is contributing to the spread of STDs, said Michael Fraser, executive director for the Association of State and Territorial Health Officials.

"There's really good science out there. There's ways to do effective programs based on evidence and data," Frazer said at the briefing. "Certainly, there's a lot more we could do."
Gee, what areas tend to lack proper sex education? Perhaps areas that champion abstinence-only education that data shows does.not.work. So...there are reasons for the rise in STI rates. Also, condoms are not adequate protection against HSV and HPV, and if you're not going to abstain from *kissing* any date until you have a full panel of STI/D blood work done, including requesting HSV tests that are not part of standard screenings, chances are you're going to be exposed to HSV2. Most adults have been exposed.

Did you request full STI/D workups before kissing all of your dates, sharing utensils, drinks, etc.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships