Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 09:45 AM

3,926 posts, read 2,048,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
That doesn’t matter to people who really want kids. I know a single woman in her late 40s who just adopted a toddler because she never got married or had any kids of her own.
Yeah, that's kind of a dealbreaker for me, and for those people not aligned with others who have older children (empty nesters), vs younger children...even though they are parents of the same age bracket.

So I may be better off dating a woman with kids, simply because I know a single mother won't want anymore. Or hopefully find a woman that prefers to remain childless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2018, 05:43 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,665,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
That doesn’t matter to people who really want kids. I know a single woman in her late 40s who just adopted a toddler because she never got married or had any kids of her own.
A woman in her 40s who has never had kids is probably much more open to a single dad with a young child than a woman in her 50s with grown children.

I am 51 and I have raised my children to adulthood. I am done with that phase of life. I am enjoying no longer having those responsibilities and will not take them on again.

Old 09-09-2018, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
i prefer oem parts myself.
oem?

Old 09-09-2018, 07:34 PM

296 posts, read 267,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
oem?
Original Equipment Manufacturer

Old 09-09-2018, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danica32 View Post
Original Equipment Manufacturer
Oh, OK. Thanks!

Old 09-09-2018, 08:54 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,197,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
I just need to vent a little frustration. I am out in the dating game giving 100% just like most single guys in their mid-20's, but I have hit a rut lately where every attractive, single woman I meet has at LEAST one kid and was never married to the father.

Don't get me wrong. I love kids and want to have a family of my own someday. If I were in my 40's and still single, I would accept the fact that there probably aren't going to be too many childless women in my dating pool. But at 26, I'm just not ready for a ready-made family.

So here is my question. Doesn't ANYONE wait to get MARRIED before they have babies anymore? Mitt Romney caught some flack for saying basically the same thing at CPAC last year, but the man is right. Take it from a 26-year-old male who is tired of his dating pool being saturated with kids. Time for the lifeguard to blow the whistle for adults-only swim.

End rant.
Women evolved (or were created - your choice), to reproduce. It's in everyone's DNA. If we don't have the WISDOM to realize this, then we allow our biology to determine our future. The current generation is not taught to delay gratification. They are not taught to wait for things. So their 20-something reproductive hormone biology becomes the controlling factor in their life. They will NEVER admit they regret it, but you can bet your sweet petunia that many of them do.

Find an older woman who has the sense and maturity to realize that there is more to life than following their base urges to reproduce without even considering how it affects them and the children down the road. Or hang with women who have enough self esteem and respect that they understand the importance of making a life-altering decision like having a child should never be taken lightly. I'm sure there are some out there. Someplace.

Old 09-09-2018, 09:41 PM

52,395 posts, read 52,893,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Women evolved (or were created - your choice), to reproduce. It's in everyone's DNA. If we don't have the WISDOM to realize this, then we allow our biology to determine our future. The current generation is not taught to delay gratification. They are not taught to wait for things. So their 20-something reproductive hormone biology becomes the controlling factor in their life. They will NEVER admit they regret it, but you can bet your sweet petunia that many of them do.

Find an older woman who has the sense and maturity to realize that there is more to life than following their base urges to reproduce without even considering how it affects them and the children down the road. Or hang with women who have enough self esteem and respect that they understand the importance of making a life-altering decision like having a child should never be taken lightly. I'm sure there are some out there. Someplace.
So the female form is to reproduce?? Plenty of folks might take a bit of umbrage here..?

Old 09-09-2018, 09:55 PM

9,259 posts, read 6,412,339 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
So the female form is to reproduce?? Plenty of folks might take a bit of umbrage here..?
I have been reading about mitochondria recently and what I have read says that males of the human species have the highest concentration of mitochondria in the eyes while the highest concentration in human females exists in the ovaries. As a man I admit that it is hard to resist looking and even staring at the beauty of the female form. Fortunately looking at the female form although socially impolite does not lead directly to pregnancy. If men and women are genetically predisposed to these activities linked to the greatest concentrations of mitochondria within the human body then women do have a tougher time avoiding pregnancy. So I hold those women who strive to remain childfree in very high regard because I know that I have not controlled my mitochondrial urges very well and the main reason I have avoided parenthood is more socially driven rather than biological. I don't believe any of us have to be slaves to our biological urges.

Old 09-09-2018, 10:01 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,362,393 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Re bolded #1 above--what a load of testosterone.

Re bolded #2 above--yep, sure do. Chowhound, I thank you for recognizing that.

Old 09-09-2018, 10:05 PM

2,949 posts, read 1,362,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
I have been reading about mitochondria recently and what I have read says that males of the human species have the highest concentration of mitochondria in the eyes while the highest concentration in human females exists in the ovaries. As a man I admit that it is hard to resist looking and even staring at the beauty of the female form. Fortunately looking at the female form although socially impolite does not lead directly to pregnancy. If men and women are genetically predisposed to these activities linked to the greatest concentrations of mitochondria within the human body then women do have a tougher time avoiding pregnancy. So I hold those women who strive to remain childfree in very high regard because I know that I have not controlled my mitochondrial urges very well and the main reason I have avoided parenthood is more socially driven rather than biological. I don't believe any of us have to be slaves to our biological urges.
I have never understood why some men think women do not "look" at men and look often. Perhaps it's because many of us are subtle in our quest to enjoy and admire the male form.

And, yes, women are just as visual as men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships