Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2011, 08:46 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,054,806 times

Advertisements

She's always pulling my legs..It's never the "right" leg...

Old 04-20-2011, 08:50 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,341,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
She's always pulling my legs..It's never the "right" leg...
I'm an equal opportunity puller! I pull left AND right!

Old 04-20-2011, 08:56 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,054,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Just depends on how you feel, right?

Old 04-20-2011, 08:59 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,125,833 times
Quote:
Wow!

Just the 6 of you (pick a friggin' name! ), I'm just pulling froggie's skinny legs. I haven't baked a cake even from a box in my life! It's not that I don't want to... I do... but I'd eat them!
LOL, I don't know how to change my name and I'm not that creative. That's the best I could come up with.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:00 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,125,833 times
Quote:
I'm thinking he was talking about the 3rd leg

Old 04-20-2011, 09:58 PM

20,742 posts, read 19,439,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
Axis? Nah, AC. You're too celerific.

It's just that a number of people here are talking out their behinds when some of us have dedicated much of our careers to understanding not only the physiology of obesity and weight loss, but the psychology involved, as well. I've noticed that not one of the alleged fitness fanatics here even attempted to take on the peer-reviewed journal articles I posted. It's easier for them to spew and spout their street judgments.

But hey, can't shovel in the fries when your foot is already in your mouth.
Yet another Brave New World era junk scientist calling us freebirths where PHDs in nutrition and psychologists are required for guidance that is the daily routine of a wild boar. You continue to clog up the thread:
"alleged fitness fanatics"
I remember reading "peer review" nutritional journals since 16 and made note of the vast gulf of dispute. Good thing I knew my chemistry and declared margarine a joke since the 80's. "Read "Eat to Win" by DR Robert Haas and went anti-sugar at 17 going from a butter ball to lean and mean. My "street knowledge" of the colonial empires apprised me of the novelty of sugar and peaked my interest in ethnobotany in later years. Now I know what a "savage" knows but no nutritionist can seem to figure out.

I am educated in clinical psychological research and therefore your attempted rhetorical gimmicks of Argumentum ad verecundiam and Argumentum ad Misericordiam are wholly rejected. Also carefully observe my authority in matters of rhetoric, viewing my use of the terminology as evidence, and therefore do not permit yourself to speak in argument without my assent. Only a PHD may speaka da English. So then I may repeat, without thoroughly schooled and erudite doctors of bodily function, do not without their guidance permit yourself to speak, eat, sleep, have sex, burp or pee in a bush.

There have been only two main points by my comprehension that have been the primary issue. I'd say a high school drop out can figure it out.

1. A body is sold at auction when you signed the marriage contract for their body which includes body, mind and soul. This not only includes the compassion you expect to receive, but the responsibility not to abuse that trust. There can be no unilateral binge.
2. Fat people in these numbers are a 20th century novelty in the Western world that can be reversed by actions inspired from a mere glance at the past.

Now what is it in the ever changing psychobabble and nutritional journals would overturn those two arguments?

So once again, stop using cheap rhetorical gimmicks using "authority" "pity" and "insult". This has already been asked of you.

If you can somehow find it within yourself to make them amusing or entertaining, than please do, and it can pass for theater. I give myself the same license to lampoon. Don't see anything that qualifies in your post.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:18 PM

20,742 posts, read 19,439,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzette View Post
I think it actually ticks off some of the more sanctimonious people here that there are people who have partners who love them literally through thick and through thin. They just cannot stand that others can have their cake and be loved, too.

Makes me wonder how secure their own relationships really are--if they even have one.
My wife told me that if I ever became a porker, she would put me on a strong diet. That was when I really fell in love.

It must tick you off to think that your hubbie doesn't care. Maybe he wishes you would put a bag over your head, but is one of those effete types fearful of fat vengeance. Perhaps he fears a well planned romantic evening could be ruined by flatulence since its on the very brink of erectile dysfunction as it is. Perhaps it cannot stand one more sensory organ that turns against him. Who knows? Makes me wonder.

Do you have an argument. I could go either way really since I enjoy mocking your farcical relationship as you seem to enjoy mocking any of ours.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:51 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,528,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Nobody is saying it eats up all of their time. But I would like to point out that you did not mention leaving the house to take kids to and from sports, music, karate, dance...whatever they are into. When you toss that into the mix most parents don't have nice, calm evenings like yourself. We are out every single night with sports and/or school activities.

I think the bigger problem is parents need to learn to put their needs first sometimes...and that is hard to do.
My GF's 10 year old enjoys sports...he stays after school. And if really really wants to try other activities, he better be serious about it. We know a private and reliable cab driver who picks him up. We got rid of our cars to walk/bike more so we can easily afford it.

And what do you mean by nice evenings? I suppose your kids go to bed at a normal time. You should be able to go work out or do chores afterwards.

As for our baby being patient...30 seconds is not patience. It's the time it takes him to swallow/chew. You must have a very big house. We live in a downtown apartment and everything is only a few steps away.

Old 04-21-2011, 05:02 AM

37,783 posts, read 46,297,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
Have no fear...when they are tiny, so are their clothes
They go through a few outfits a day but it won't add up to a complete load even.

When they are older you have school clothes, then the outfit they change into for play clothes, then the outfit they change into for sports as well as their PJ's. Multiply that by a few kids and you had better make sure you love your laundry room, because you will spend a lot of time in there!

Hmmm, someone should come up with some laundry foldin' exercises...LOL. Deadlifts with a full laundry basket, maybe overhead press with the BJ's size laundry detergent? LOL
So so true. It's just me and my son, but with his school/workout/work clothes, and my workout clothes, we really have to do laundry twice a week. But at least now he does his own...so that's been a nice relief. I laughed at the comment about running out of sports bras. I think have about 8 now... ..I often hit the gym twice a day (it's easier for me to just go to the gym at lunchtime for my cardio, and then go after work for the other stuff) and still sometimes I am fishing around for a clean one.

Old 04-21-2011, 05:28 AM

37,783 posts, read 46,297,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeLucasLongLostChin View Post
Laundry is time consuming? Are you doing it by hand in a dirty river like in third world countries?

Don't take this the wrong way but I'm trying to figure out why people say chores eat up a lot of their time.

I do all the housework in my place when I come home from work and if anything, I find it relaxing. I take care of feeding the baby
and the homework of girlfriend's 10 year old while I'm doing it.

I feed the baby a few spoons, then I go back to cleaning, I answer a few homework questions, then I do some laundry, I go back to the baby, do some dishes, answer some more questions, hang some clothes to dry, throw the rest in the dryer, sweep the floor, mop it...repeat. I even have time to fix my GF an appetizer while she relaxes.

All these 30 seconds tasks take up to an hour, maybe two when I had mononucleosis.

Then my GF takes out whatever she threw in the oven an hour ago. We eat. We relax. Kids go to bed. The end.

Sure folding laundry may take like 10 minutes or maybe 20 minutes top, but I do it later.

Unless your significant other is doing absolutely nothing in the house, I see no reason why housework should eat up so much of your time.
I expect that your idea of a clean house and housework, is considerably different than most of the women that I know, including myself.

As far as "throwing dinner in the oven", that's fine for a quick meal now and then, but as someone that often has 4 or 5 teenagers around to eat, I assure you that meal preparation takes up far more time at my house than at yours. I make my son's breakfast, AND his lunch (for him to take to school), every single morning. Is he able to do it himself? Of course, but he gets much better food from home and has always loved the fact that he has never had to buy lunch at school - so I do it for him. Dinners are often on the fly, but just as often, are homemade recipes that take far more than one hour to prepare. And cleanup takes another 30 minutes at least. Hell I probably spend 30 minutes on cleaning just the dishes and the sink area every single day. Who cleans your dishes - the kitchen fairy? You have an incredibly presumptuous attitude to imply that you know what is required to maintain someone else's home. Your post offers only that you don't have even a sliver of an idea of what people other than yourself deal with in that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships