Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 07:52 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
That being said, anybody caught wearing this should have his Man Card taken away forthwith: Brooks Brothers | Men | Seasonal Casual Pants | Hudson Patchwork Madras Pants
My brother had a pair similar to that back in the 60's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Around the house I wear nothing but sweat pants because its easier to reach in and scratch while drinking beer and watching the game. Think Al Bundy! And the elastic waistband stretches to make room for the 2nd case of Pabst Blue Ribbon!
Those pants are also a lot easier for us ladies to get off you with our feet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 08:02 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpe View Post
Ron,
I am a 36 yr old female and I shop at Brooks Brothers, Ann taylor, J Crew, and Banana Republic. I consider my dress very stylish, modern, and age appropriate. When I think Brooks Brothers I think class and sophistication.
Thorpe, we have the exact same taste.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:06 PM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Um, yeah ...... trust me, CPG - I got your back. If I EVER see you sportin' a pair of those bad boys, I'm gonna personally beat your ass and bury you out in the desert! Friends don't let friends wear those kinds of things!
I'll add some dirt to the mound.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:07 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times
I'm a jeans and t-shirt kinda dude.

Shorts if possible.

I draw the line at Birkenstocks though

Old 04-30-2009, 08:11 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,085,908 times
Engineers do get some slack as to how they dress. I am almost always in a shirt and slacks, Birks, and unless it's really hot wearing my favorite Scott-E-Vest. Mostly for a place to put my wallet, I don't like sitting on it. Around the house I'm frequently in sweats or shorts, depending on temperature.

When I was working in Russia, yeah, suit and tie all the time for business. In the winter it's not unusual there to be walking around in a suit but with pretty heavy boots instead of the shoes you would normally wear with a suit, due to the snow and all the sand/dirt they throw on it.

Ron, I think that girl gave you the only real compliment that she could in criticizing your wardrobe - if she prefers a guy with his ball hat on backwards and baggy pants, you are too high-class for her, so move on, IMHO.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:35 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Oh really? That's fine. We see all kinds of things in T.O.

Well, we have Ph.Ds wearing Hawaiian shirts here. I don't care, I'm just reporting.

What did someone wearing a Hawaiian shirt ever do to you?
Nothing. But the point of the thread is how to dress like a grownup and not be dull at the same time.

I do business all over the country. My clients literally range from LA to New Hampshire, and from South Florida to Colorado. And I can tell you that none of them, serious businessmen and women all, dress like slobs.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:48 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times
It has nothing to do with color choices...........Due in part to my skin complextion, I can get away with brighter colors and not look like a clown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Something else to consider, Ron. It isn't the label. It's the color choices. Take a look at your closet. If it's nothing but a bunch of 'safe' color choices, then that's probably what she's talking about.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:50 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
I see a lot of adult guys with clean and well fitting t shirts and jeans, sometimes gym wear and tank tops etc.

The only people I see that dress like you have described are if they are going out to play some golf or to work at a sales retail job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I was taken aback because I always get compliments on the way I dress.
I like to dress comfy and ware things like Brooks Brothers shirts and slacks and Polo shirts with khackies and nice casual shoes/sandles. The young lady said I needed to wear: "gym shoes and ball caps" and dress more "stylish".

I said that sounds like a 12 year olds wardrobe not a 35 year old man.

I almost never wear athlectic atire unless I am doing something althletic in nature, like working out.

I thought her comments were funny because I get kind remarks from people all of the time for the way I dress.

My question is........how do you dress?

BTW, this is intended to be a light hearted thread......

Old 04-30-2009, 08:52 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times
I don't xpect anything of value from you Artsy, because you never add any.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:54 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I was taken aback because I always get compliments on the way I dress.
I like to dress comfy and ware things like Brooks Brothers shirts and slacks and Polo shirts with khackies and nice casual shoes/sandles. The young lady said I needed to wear: "gym shoes and ball caps" and dress more "stylish".
I just hope you don't decide to turn into a slob because of some clueless bimbo's opinions...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships