Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 12:24 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,018,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Hey tea,

You would thank it would be public embarrassment for them, but it is not, they enjoy it.
That's sad!!!!!! It's a public health issue, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 12:37 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,194,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
That is just stupid. Instead of arresting gays for lewd activities they want to embarrass them in front of everyone. Their tactics are skewed. Whoever came up with that is just so twisted and homophobic, the city should ask for their resignation.

P.S. I am not gay, but I know better!
I don't have a problem with those signs. The Dutch are tolerating gays hooking up in certain areas. At least if the signs are there, anyone that is going to be offended by that behaviour is going to know to steer clear of that park. It's not being homophobic or twisted. What is more twisted is the men that cruise these places looking for anonymous no strings attached gay sex. They are basically gay sex addicts.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:51 PM

19,658 posts, read 12,251,755 times
I just think "live and let live" applies here and if there is hooking up in a public area (hopefully out of plain sight) and the signs keep people away, fine. It's not mine to judge how others live their lives. These guys look for places like this to have very brief encounters and some of them are married or not "out". They pull in during lunch hour, go to the designated spot and are out in as little as 10 minutes. I don't get it either but it's not my business and I don't really care.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:53 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,018,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I just think "live and let live" applies here and if there is hooking up in a public area (hopefully out of plain sight) and the signs keep people away, fine. It's not mine to judge how others live their lives. These guys look for places like this to have very brief encounters and some of them are married or not "out". They pull in during lunch hour, go to the designated spot and are out in as little as 10 minutes. I don't get it either but it's not my business and I don't really care.
And the reason they can't keep their activities indoors in gay clubs and such is....?

Old 05-04-2009, 01:09 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,969,846 times
The worst I've seen at all the gay and mixed clubs I've been to is kissing/making out or group make out sessions and even that was sometimes unusual. A lot of times you see guys just walking around or dancing with no shirts on and that was it in regards to getting naked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
And the reason they can't keep their activities indoors in gay clubs and such is....?

Old 05-04-2009, 01:15 PM

19,658 posts, read 12,251,755 times
Quote:
Some of them are married and/or not out. Outside of cities, there may be no gay clubs. Some of the guys are regular looking blue collar types in work trucks, not prancing flamers. They don't want to make it a big thing, or be part of some gay scene, just have their "transaction". It is very basic and simple. It doesn't have a lot to do with traditional ideas of sex and relationships but that doesn't make it sick or evil. It's also not new.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:17 PM

Definitely not new, but also determinately not ethical or classy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Some of them are married and/or not out. Outside of cities, there may be no gay clubs. Some of the guys are regular looking blue collar types in work trucks, not prancing flamers. They don't want to make it a big thing, or be part of some gay scene, just have their "transaction". It is very basic and simple. It doesn't have a lot to do with traditional ideas of sex and relationships but that doesn't make it sick or evil. It's also not new.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:46 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,442,416 times
Quote:
"Homophobic?" So, does that mean that anyone who doesn't want straight couples engaging in similar activities publicly is "heterophobic?" If heterosexual couples do that sort of thing, they're arrested. And if men made strong advances toward women (or vice-versa) in particular public areas, they could be charged with sexual harassment or sexual assault.

Sorry, but if they want "equality," then they should start by changing their own behavior and following the decency standards that the rest of us are expected to obey. Sheesh, keep it in the bars and take it to motels like everyone else does!

Thats why I said they should be arrested.

Old 05-04-2009, 03:41 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,688,880 times
Well over in the UK I heard in the parks it is quite a problem with hetero and homo people. Apparently it is called "dogging" in reference to saying you are going out to walk the dog. I guess the way it works is people connect on line and then have random encounters in the park around dinner time into evening.

I had never heard of it and didn't believe it so I looked it up online and hey what a surprise.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:08 PM

Jail just encourages those behaviors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Thats why I said they should be arrested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships