Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 11:51 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
One thing my mother always told me growing up was NEVER invite a single woman to be around your man. I guess the thought process is that given the right opportunity, she'll go after your man.
Add to that; single women traveling with married men on business trips. Big no-no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 05:17 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Add to that; single women traveling with married men on business trips. Big no-no.
Why, it's not that they are traveling together b/c they want to...there are people in my group who HAVE to travel together occassionally, and there has never been any hanky panky going on...ever. Traveling for work, is not a fun thing or what a lot of people think it is. You spend the entire day getting there, you grab something quick to eat, you may be in a meeting until late, and all you want to do is get something to eat, go to your room, kick your shoes off and sleep. It's all business...truly.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:40 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Maybe.

Traveling as a group would be ok.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Maybe.

Traveling as a group would be ok.
business is business, and if you have a job where men and women work in the corporate field, sometimes travel as man and woman is a necessity...or, you loose your job. If you can't trust your husband or wife, why would you be married to him. Again, sometimes due to work, it is inevidable for the opposite sex, to travel together, doesn't mean there is anything going to go on? And, if your spouse is a person that is going to run around, they will run around regardless if they travel or not. If it's not in someone to do, they're not going to do it...no one, or no situation makes them do it.

Old 05-13-2009, 08:38 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,607,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Only if you pick trash for friends...I canot believe someone would actually say it, let alone believe it. Not all women go after married men. Truth be told, I loath anyone who gets involved with a married person. And if I can't trust my friends, or my husband? I mean think about it. and yeah... double I mean that is a unspoken solomn oath women have between each other and something you don't do, let alone think about. I wonder what soap opera your mom was watching? LOL, just kidding...
that's what I was thinking. But forget the single woman, what the heck kind of quality of man are you with if you would even have to worry about something like that??? If you can't trust your man around single people, then you've made a very poor choice in a partner.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
that's what I was thinking. But forget the single woman, what the heck kind of quality of man are you with if you would even have to worry about something like that??? If you can't trust your man around single people, then you've made a very poor choice in a partner.
LOL, I hear ya...sista.....good to see you, it's been a while, hope you are well and you and yours are doing Greeeee8!!!!!!

Old 05-13-2009, 11:51 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,515,416 times
Quote:
You have a lot to learn.

Women can be particularly vicious to each other - so much more than they are to men.

Boy you said it.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:54 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,515,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Ewwwwww....not exactly classy eh? (I'm curious to find out just what "this and that" means. Please share?)

It's funny in a way though. Those guys are acting EXACTLY how hot girls (the shallow ones) act when they are younger. Constantly being pursued so they don't have to put forth effort, can act badly blah blah blah and expect people to take thier crap, buy them stuff etc etc.

Generally I think it's just poor character but for some of those guys, especially if they weren't in demand younger and were often rejected they might just think that's the way you play it when you are "popular".

True, and their self worth is tied up in how many women, especially younger ones, who will pay attention to them.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:33 PM

670 posts, read 2,114,756 times
I think this is true to some extent. At least in my experience, I've noticed that some friends who are married or have an SO will invite me to shop and do things just with them or that involve a group of women, but don't invite me to dinner parties or to any functions where I would be in a social setting with their husband or boyfriend. Not sure why they are so protective, I don't go after other people's husbands. What a waste of time.

Old 05-14-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shania View Post
I think this is true to some extent. At least in my experience, I've noticed that some friends who are married or have an SO will invite me to shop and do things just with them or that involve a group of women, but don't invite me to dinner parties or to any functions where I would be in a social setting with their husband or boyfriend. Not sure why they are so protective, I don't go after other people's husbands. What a waste of time.
I guess it's fear....that either you will come onto their husband's or visa versa. People? I'm sorry you have experienced this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships