Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 02:38 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,188,268 times

Advertisements

Did you buy him a gift?

Or is it all about YOU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohaha View Post
he took me out for dinner but didn't give me any gift or card for our one month anniversary..we dated for 5 months and became a couple a month ago.

many other things tells that he loves me and he said that he loves me..and but should I be upset or doubt his love because of this?

i am not asking for any pricy gift..just a small thing..but I didnt even get a card

should I be upset??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 05:35 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,551,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Did you buy him a gift?

Or is it all about YOU?
Good question!

Old 05-30-2009, 07:48 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,188,268 times
I thought I would ask because I see a lot of "me" and "I" not "us" and "we" in her post.

Makes me wonder. If she's like that, I guess I understand why he did not buy her a gift.

If I was in my ideal situation, It would be a situation in which both me and her would make it a priority to satisfy one another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Good question!

Old 05-30-2009, 10:10 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,858,228 times
Quote:
he took me out for dinner but didn't give me any gift or card for our one month anniversary..we dated for 5 months and became a couple a month ago.

many other things tells that he loves me and he said that he loves me..and but should I be upset or doubt his love because of this?

i am not asking for any pricy gift..just a small thing..but I didnt even get a card

should I be upset??
It’s only been one month. Are you in this relationship for the right reasons? You aren't dating fort Knox you know. If he does not give you an engagement by your one year anniversary I would be pretty grumpy. That is providing you are old enough to wear one.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:20 PM

445 posts, read 1,071,504 times
Quote:

should I be upset??
Too early for you to be concerned with why, he didn't read your mind, and get you a card and a gift. He thought enough of you, to take you to dinner. No, you shouldn't be upset. Just relax, be gracious, and be cool.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:35 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,672,166 times
Quote:

should I be upset??

I didn`t read any of the other responses..... after reading yours...didn`t have too. You became a couple a month ago?
Ummm....SO??/
I mean, who gets a damn gift for a month anniversary? Luckily, he will remember your first year!!!!

Old 05-30-2009, 11:40 PM

37,618 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:

should I be upset??
Are you kidding? Who the heck celebrates a ONE MONTH anniversary?

Old 05-31-2009, 04:17 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,551,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Are you kidding? Who the heck celebrates a ONE MONTH anniversary?
That would be my 14 year old. I wonder how old this poster is? Old enough to go out to dinner on a real date but I'm guessing barely that.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:00 AM

37,618 posts, read 46,016,337 times
Quote:
That would be my 14 year old. I wonder how old this poster is? Old enough to go out to dinner on a real date but I'm guessing barely that.
14 sounds about right, but hopefully she is older as her boyfriend is 27 or so (from another of her posts). Her posts do indicate that she is totally clueless about relationships, so I suspect we'll see more posts from her of this nature.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:28 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,118,303 times
Quote:
Dear, you are way too high maintenance. You're going to spend the rest of your life feeling disappointed if you don't bring your expectations down to earth a bit. One month is not a milestone. Now if he forgets your first anniversary after you're married, you can milk that one for a really nice pair of earrings or something .

You'll get over this in time. Then you'll have years like the ones my husband and I have had where one of us, about three weeks after our anniversary, says "Didn't we have an anniversary a few weeks ago?". We both forget anymore. Seems kind of silly to celebrate your relationship only once a year.

I have to totally agree with Ivory. Celebrating a one month anniversary after dating for 5 months is ridiculous and only high maintainence woman would require such a thing.

Heck, like Ivory, my ex husband and forgot our wedding anniversary (including the first one) all the time. Why? And why wasn't this a problem? Because we did things and celebrated our marriage all year long.

If he is good to you and treats you well, quit your snivelling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships