Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 08:15 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I think she is asking if she has the right to be upset. Which is still an odd question with no real answer.

One month anniversary? Geezus, high maintenance much?
I read funny letters from people on a site called etiquettehell.com. One woman was all bent out of shape because her boyfriend's brother dared to plan their wedding on the same day as their (the letter writer and boyfriend's) one-year anniversary. It was a very small wedding, she wasn't invited, and she was very angry that her boyfriend (his brother's best man) wasn't boycotting the wedding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 08:16 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
The saddest part is that he is indulging this non-sense. He's setting himself up for a world of hurt, which I'm sure you'll be glad to inflict. You are extremely selfish. He's getting you a gift so you are getting him a card?

Since you are insisting on a gift, why not get him something similar to what you demanded from him? Or better yet act like a grown woman tell him that dinner was your gift and fix him a meal at home?

I wouldn't be so hard on the OP. You see women whose boyfriends or husband constantly buy them gifts.

I think that it probably works better to not get mad or upset but to "reward" good behavior. Gush over the gifts, make sure he knows how important it is, avoid complaining when one isn't given but be extremely thankful when one is given. It's like training dogs or any animal, it's positive reinforcement that works the best.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:02 AM

13 posts, read 37,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alohaha View Post
he took me out for dinner but didn't give me any gift or card for our one month anniversary..we dated for 5 months and became a couple a month ago.

many other things tells that he loves me and he said that he loves me..and but should I be upset or doubt his love because of this?

i am not asking for any pricy gift..just a small thing..but I didnt even get a card

should I be upset??
no you should not be upset.
i can see when your together a year,but for a couple months i think thats silly IMO.

Old 06-14-2009, 05:43 AM

1,121 posts, read 3,666,419 times
Quote:
....i didn't get anything for him...yet...i am thinking of getting a card or something...yesterday he said he was going to buy me a gift but he was busy with fixing his car..he said he felt bad about this and he will go buy one for me...i didn't bring this topic up, so i was happy to hear those words coming from him....

do you think a card is a good gift for him? any suggestions on the gift?

OH..i am 25...
Oh My God! You and your BF are in really big trouble.
What exactly are you celebrating anyway, the first time you let him into your pants? You want to be rewarded for that every 30 days? If that is the case hookers are getting a whole lot more than you and are at least doing it honestly if not legally.
You need to backup and think about what you are doing. You are the type of woman that gives real women a bad rep. and turns guys away from real relationships.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:29 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,957,722 times
Quote:
he took me out for dinner but didn't give me any gift or card for our one month anniversary..we dated for 5 months and became a couple a month ago.

many other things tells that he loves me and he said that he loves me..and but should I be upset or doubt his love because of this?

i am not asking for any pricy gift..just a small thing..but I didnt even get a card

should I be upset??
Are you frickin kidding me????? Is this some sort of joke?????

Come on!!!

I didn't get my wife a card or a gift for our 10 anniversary!!!! She never complained.

You are complaining for not getting a gift on your "ONE MONTH." What they heck is that???? What happened to annual????

You are a very needy and low self esteem gal who is going to make someone miserable someday as their wife. Hope you can nip this in the bud before you decide to actually move forward in a real relationship like marriage.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:37 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,940,293 times
Quote:

should I be upset??
Oh good God, are you married???

If you're not married you're just playing house and there's no anniversary to that.

And he loves you? I doubt it, men do not love after a month or two. We lust, we love what you do but love for a man takes time.

Women: Love then sex.

Men: Sex then love after a while and then maybe.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:41 AM

111 posts, read 316,449 times
if you love each other, everyday should be an anniversary and a gift in itself

Old 06-14-2009, 10:47 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,831,000 times
You need to grow up.

Most men think anniversaies are a stupid PITA anyway. (There, it is out sorry guys, I released our secret).

You are lucky if he remembers it. Buying a gift is ridiculous ( I usually do it anyway, but it is annoying) Cards are a waste of money. Write your own sappy poetry, you can do as well as those hallmark bozos anway and it is more meaningful If you get flowers and dinner be happy. How many gift giving holidays do you need in a year anyway? (Grumble grumble - I HATE shopping, go buy your own gift, that way you will get somethign that you actually want. This year I got her a teddy bear wearing black pearl earrings. OUr daughters wear the earrings, the bear sits on a shelf in her closet. THat was a well spent $500. Certainly a nice romanti8c moment or two, but not very practical. I should have gotten her a new lawn mower, that is what we reallyneed, not some nice earrins to remind her of some I got her ages ago so ourdaughters cna wear them - ugh!).

Old 06-14-2009, 10:52 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,831,000 times
On second tho9ught do not grow up. Most girls are rtying to grow up too quickly. Enjoy your youthfulness. Just get some better values.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:14 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,940,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukiko11 View Post
Oh My God! You and your BF are in really big trouble.
What exactly are you celebrating anyway, the first time you let him into your pants? You want to be rewarded for that every 30 days? If that is the case hookers are getting a whole lot more than you and are at least doing it honestly if not legally.
You need to backup and think about what you are doing. You are the type of woman that gives real women a bad rep. and turns guys away from real relationships.
This is great, it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion!

You will learn with time a card means nothing. About halfway through our 35 year marriage so far it was her birthday so off I went to Hallmark where I picked up a great looking anniversary card. Yes, for her birthday. I liked the look of the card, had some wonderful looking roses painted on the front, but somehow I missed it was an anniversary.

Of course my wife spotted it right off and started laughing. I couldn't believe what I did and it wasn't long before the entire family and all the neighbors knew what I did too.

So I kept up the tradition. For our anniversary I get birthday cards and for birthdays I get anniversary cards. Twice a year we both have a great laugh over it.

Did the wrong card say I loved her less?

Don't be silly, of course it didn't.

What tells her I love her is coming back to her every night for 35 years. For 35 years I've handed her my paycheck, provided a roof, took care of her babies making sure they all graduated from college and experienced the best dad they could possibly wish for during their growing years. Let me tell you I was the worlds very best dad.

My daughter calls to remind me of anniversaries and birthdays. Lucky thing for me too.

Last edited by nicet4; 06-14-2009 at 12:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships