Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 02:06 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,873 times

Advertisements

OMG. I just realized that yesterday was the one monthiversary of my first dinner with my boyfriend. Gee, I sure hope he doesn't dump me for not remembering and buying him a new car
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 02:33 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,013,272 times
Well, here we go! Looks like another case of a nice guy being pecked at and ruined by a demanding woman.

Old 06-14-2009, 02:35 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
of course you should be upset. that is your job and his job is the do for you and to be wrong 24/7.
its all about him, always. try to remember.

Old 06-16-2009, 08:18 AM

1,121 posts, read 3,666,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
This is great, it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion!

You will learn with time a card means nothing. About halfway through our 35 year marriage so far it was her birthday so off I went to Hallmark where I picked up a great looking anniversary card. Yes, for her birthday. I liked the look of the card, had some wonderful looking roses painted on the front, but somehow I missed it was an anniversary.

Of course my wife spotted it right off and started laughing. I couldn't believe what I did and it wasn't long before the entire family and all the neighbors knew what I did too.

So I kept up the tradition. For our anniversary I get birthday cards and for birthdays I get anniversary cards. Twice a year we both have a great laugh over it.

Did the wrong card say I loved her less?

Don't be silly, of course it didn't.

What tells her I love her is coming back to her every night for 35 years. For 35 years I've handed her my paycheck, provided a roof, took care of her babies making sure they all graduated from college and experienced the best dad they could possibly wish for during their growing years. Let me tell you I was the worlds very best dad.

My daughter calls to remind me of anniversaries and birthdays. Lucky thing for me too.
Here you go OP, this is real life.

Old 06-16-2009, 10:25 AM

457 posts, read 889,708 times
Seriously?? Girl, you are a nut job!! My BF and I have been together nearly 2 years. Guess how many anniversaries we've celebrated...NONE!! We don't even celebrate the ever so commercialized Valentine's Day. It's just DUMB! We barely even celebrate each other's birthdays. For his past b-day, I did WAY more stuff for him than what he did for me and I didn't complain one bit...didn't even care...but I did it to torture him more than anything else, lol! Why celebrate your love for each other on a specific date (one/six month(s) is meaningless, by the way), when you have every day that you're together to do that? What makes that day more special than the next day or the day before? Just be glad that you have someone and leave it at that!

Old 06-16-2009, 10:34 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,180,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
For a *one month* anniversary? I personally wouldn't expect a thing (nor would I think he would expect something). I would be upset if he didn't acknowledge a real milestone, not for something like this. A one month anniversary? Seems to me to be as contrived as a "half-birthday".

Save your emotions for more important things.
My sentiments exactly. A one month anniversary is nothing. And btw what did you give him?

A relationship is not about constant anniversaries and endless gift giving. What's way more important, is that if this is the man you end up marrying, you both instead are able to save up your money together and buy something more meaningful like a house to raise your children in. Invest in your relationship wisely, and stop longing for silly baubles that only serve to keep the overpriced jewelry shops in business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships