Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2010, 11:07 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,709,538 times

Advertisements

I actually like short guys. Im 5'8 so i like them from around my height to about 5'6.

Old 03-19-2010, 04:16 PM

876 posts, read 2,142,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sweetkisses* View Post
I actually like short guys. Im 5'8 so i like them from around my height to about 5'6.
When we talk about short guys we are talking abouts below 5'6. Let me put my two cents in this topic. In general women like men taller then them. Short men are to women as fat women are to men. You see fat women dating guys but many have a harder time then women who arent fat. Just like men who are short have a harder time dating then tall guys do. This is the way of the world if looks didnt matter then most of the people you see on tv wouldnt be on tv. The only problem I have is that women arent as honest as men about how important looks are to them. Both men and women in general are shallow.

Old 03-19-2010, 05:39 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,788,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYSANMAN View Post
Short men are to women as fat women are to men. You see fat women dating guys but many have a harder time then women who arent fat. .
this is nonsense
A fat woman and a short athletic would not be compatible in lifestyle...one is leading a sedentary lifestyle and the other is active, it just would not work out!

Old 03-21-2010, 09:33 AM

1,000 posts, read 2,352,080 times
I never really was able to understand the whole "height" thing...I'm 5'6", so I prefer to date within the 5'0"-5'8" range. I'm "about the same", "normal" or even "tall" to most people within my dating pool..so am I supposed to feel left out because I'm not dating women who stand 5'10"+ or something? I don't see many girls standing at 5'2" with a 6'5" guy when I go out, and ideally it seems to me that someone who's the same height as yours tends to work out the best for many reasons.

I personally think the whole height thing is a load of crap and only affects people who are incredibly insecure...from the guy's perspective: "I can't get a hot girl, it's not because I don't have confidence...it's all just my height. Nevermind that I act like an idiot, don't dress nice, and smell like the 2 week old tuna that I ate for lunch..it's that damned height!!!", and from the girl's perspective: "My red sports car, $500 hand bag, and neon orange dress aren't getting enough attention...I also need to be seen with that dude from accross the room who's 2 feet taller than me because he can't go anywhere without being noticed...which means that if I'm with him, WE can't go anywhere without being noticed!!! Time to go throw myself at him!!!" .

Obviously that's not everybody out there, haha, but still .

Old 03-21-2010, 11:30 AM

104 posts, read 545,673 times
I am 5'5" tall. My dating life has been almost nil. I've been online dating for years and I do see most women's profiles want guys at least 5'10", even if they are short. I saw a couple profiles on match.com where the women were 5'0" and one time 4'11" and stated the minimum height requirement as 6'0" - I kid you not. I think that is entirely ridiculous. I wrote one of them and she said "I can't help it. I like tall guys!". Ok, well she is most certainly missing out on the possibility of meeting the right person with that kind of restriction. It's her loss.

I don't feel comfortable dating a woman taller than I am. I prefer 5'0" to 5'3" so she can wear heals. And so I think an even greater challenge for short guys is that the range of women is extremely narrow. Yet, the tall guys have their pick of the litter. Their dating pool is huge. I think it comes down to survival of the fittest - genetics. However, another component of genetics is "mutation". People are attracted to both the "best" of the litter but also to people who are somwhat "mutated".

It is annoying to see super-short women dating giants. There is a local dentist with a photo on their website. She looks to be about 5'0" tall MAX. Her husband appears to be about 6'5". No kidding. Weird. If it is okay for her to need to file a request form for a kiss than so be it. I think it would be frustrating not to be able to kiss your husband when you want to.

Ben Stiller is listed as 5'6.5" or so and his super-hot wife is I think 5'6" or something.

Being short does have its advantages. I fit so easy on airplanes and other tight spaces. I am much more agile than tall people - maneuvering around the office or in public. I eat less. It's easier to take care of a smaller frame.

The only area being short has bothered me is with dating.

I say just keep trying.

Old 03-21-2010, 02:00 PM

332 posts, read 644,312 times
Quote:
Short men are to women as fat women are to men. You see fat women dating guys but many have a harder time then women who arent fat.
Most Black men find fat women to be physically attractive. There is a 600 pound mother making the news lately because she says she wants to break a record and reach 1,000 pounds so that she can call herself the fattest mother in the world. Anyways her husband is Black.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:08 PM

855 posts, read 1,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
this is nonsense
A fat woman and a short athletic would not be compatible in lifestyle...one is leading a sedentary lifestyle and the other is active, it just would not work out!
Somewhat true but not always.

It depends on what you define as fat. I'm short, stocky and atheletic and I like my ladies on the heavier side but not fat. She's gotta have real curves and real breasts, nothing plastic. There has to be some semblance of physical fitness even if it's extremely minimal.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:30 PM

855 posts, read 1,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golem1979 View Post
Most Black men find fat women to be physically attractive. There is a 600 pound mother making the news lately because she says she wants to break a record and reach 1,000 pounds so that she can call herself the fattest mother in the world. Anyways her husband is Black.
I'm one of those black guys who doesn't find fat women physically attractive. I like voluptuous women, not fat women bordering on obese.

At the same time I don't find skinny women appealing either. I'm not into the super skinny, paper thin model types that a lot of men find attractive. I do appreciate natural women, with natural curves and nothing plastic. I have no problems if she's got a bit of a belly, but excessive rolls of mid-section fat is not for me.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:10 AM

614 posts, read 1,376,043 times
B.S! lol I was out saturday night talking to a very good looking spanish chick who was 5'8 and she was VERY interested im me, so I did what any guy would do in a situation like that.

...Do you really need to know? I think ya all know.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:18 AM

73,018 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjd72 View Post
B.S! lol I was out saturday night talking to a very good looking spanish chick who was 5'8 and she was VERY interested im me, so I did what any guy would do in a situation like that.

...Do you really need to know? I think ya all know.
How did you do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.