Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 08:46 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
And they too want extremely tall men.

You are average male height. I am 5'2 1/2. Men that height stand no chance. Prove me wrong: any evidence to the contrary? Any?....
I'm not going to get sucked into you're issues, but I'm gonna say this once, I learned my lesson with LAfan. The last time I sincerely tried to give some good well earned advice. Please listen and don't let you're personal agenda color your thought patterns.

THERE ARE PLENTY OF FEMALES THAT DON'T MIND IF YOU'RE NOT "TALL."

ENHANCE YOUR OTHER TRAITS, WORK ON THEM, BE INTERESTING. YOU ARE THE ONE THAT HAS THE HANG UP ON HEIGHT. I'VE MET PLENY OF POWERFUL MEN WHO ARE ON THE SHORTER SIDE.

Listen up.

I'm done.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:52 PM

258 posts, read 443,300 times
Quote:
All rich and powerful. Proves nothing.

Show me one scientific study to disprove the studies I posted, and I will listen.
I would like to see the video of your eating your monitor please, as would everyone else. Think my thread thoroughly dissproved your idea on a man's height. Seems like to me short men try harder than average or tall men do. That is a great quality a women looks for. A man that goes to all lengths to satisfy her thouroughly.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:02 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,190,145 times
Quote:
As predicted, someone comes on with an immature, childish attack instead of adding something of substance.

If you have nothing intelligent to say, simply fall silent.

Where this the case your initial post wouldn't have been made to start. You've droned on about this in other threads.

You want evidence to disprove your self-pity and rationalize why you believe no woman would want you based soley on your physical appearance. Congrats, no one is going to post links stating the usual woman is going to go after a shorter man than them, BFD (Big Fu**ing Deal).

You still see it happen quite often. The average woman can also be a complete recluse and so long as she's at least semi-friendly will still get hit on in public, flirted with, do you see most guys droning on and on about it?

Yes, there are nasty realities for men as well as women that are mega-double standards, welcome to the real world, glad you could join us. Saying your at a disadvantage from a taller man isn't quite the same thing as "don't stand a chance", except to those who have already given up and are seeking a rationalization.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:02 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomalhaut View Post
I would like to see the video of your eating your monitor please, as would everyone else. Think my thread thoroughly dissproved your idea on a man's height. Seems like to me short men try harder than average or tall men do. That is a great quality a women looks for. A man that goes to all lengths to satisfy her thouroughly.
Also, don't forget we're dealing with a nut here.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:17 PM

258 posts, read 443,300 times
Quote:
All rich and powerful. Proves nothing.

Show me one scientific study to disprove the studies I posted, and I will listen.

None of these men started rich and powerful. They worked their butts off to get there I do believe.

Originally Posted by Fomalhaut
Napoleon Bonaparte Height: 5' 6¼"

Other Famous Short Men that are to die for

Kurt Cobain (deceased singer for band Nirvana) 5'7" website
Tom Cruise 5'7" website Salvador Dali 5'7" website
Robert Downey Jr. 5'7" (source: as told to jail employee by Robert) website

Emilio Estevez 5'7" (some say shorter) website F. Scott Fitzgerald 5'7" website
Al Pacino 5'7" website
David Spade 5'7" website
Regis Philbin 5'7" website
Henry Winkler (the "Fonz" on tv's Happy Days) 5'6-1/2" website
Ludwig van Beethoven 5'6" website
Peter Falk (of tv's "Columbo") 5'6" website
Dustin Hoffman 5'6" website
Cheech Marin 5'6" website
Marquis de Sade 5'6"
King Tutankamun 5'6" website
T.E. Lawrence (of Arabia) (British soldier and writer) 5'5-1/2"
Jason Alexander 5'5" website cute lol
Fred Durst (singer for band "Limp Bizkit") 5'5 to 5'4" (according to numerous emails) website

Joel Grey 5'5" Harry Houdini 5'5" website
Hiro****o (Japanese emperor) 5'5"
Curly Howard (of the Three Stooges) 5'5" website
Charles Manson 5'5" website he was crazy but had all those women willing to kill for him?
George "Baby Face" Nelson (U.S. gangster) 5'4-3/4" [1.646m]
Robert Blake (of tv's "Baretta") 5'4" website
Mel Brooks 5'4"website
Larry Fine (of the Three Stooges) 5'4" website
Michael J. Fox 5'4" website
Mo Howard (of the Three Stooges) 5'4" website
Pablo Picasso 5'4"
Sammy Davis Jr. 5'3" website
Davy Jones (singer for the Monkees) 5'3" website

Seems like short men not doing to bad after all!!!

Old 06-14-2009, 09:20 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,515,416 times
Men don't like short women either. They want a tall blonde.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:24 PM

295 posts, read 838,012 times
Quote:
And they too want extremely tall men.

You are average male height. I am 5'2 1/2. Men that height stand no chance. Prove me wrong: any evidence to the contrary? Any?....
I am so confused....the Wizard told me all of the residents from Munchkinland were jolly! You obviously don't represent the Lollipop Guild effectively. SHAME!!!!!

1,091 posts, read 3,592,940 times
Quote:
Yes, there are nasty realities for men as well as women that are mega-double standards, welcome to the real world, glad you could join us. Saying your at a disadvantage from a taller man isn't quite the same thing as "don't stand a chance", except to those who have already given up and are seeking a rationalization.

That's exactly what I'm seeing, in my brief time on this forum.
VP, you post a lot of threads about why most women aren't good enough for you, and about why most women wouldn't like you because they don't think you're good enough.

I'm going to venture out on a limb here and say that I think you're scared to death of women, sex, relationships, something... yet at the same time weirdly compelled by/ obsessed with it, which is why you feel the need to keep coming up with these constant rationalizations/ excuses.
People who are happy to be abstinent don't need to constantly diss the opposite sex, and themselves.

I suspect that when you go out, you act aloof and superior. That's probably why you aren't approached by anyone.
Try going out and getting drunk (hey, this wouldn't be my advice for everyone, but I think you need to loosen up and let down your defenses a little). Strike up conversations with every woman in the club. Risk rejection (there will no doubt be a lot of it). Experience rejection. Realize that rejection is not the end of the world. Move on and talk to the chick at the next table. Drinking a lot will allow you to do this.
Do this the next night too, and the next, and the next.
Do this for an entire week, and I bet that by the end of the week, you will have made several friends. There are lonely, socially-awkward women at bars and clubs, just like there are lonely, socially-awkward men. There are women who have just broken up with their boyfriends, and are feeling sad and needing someone to listen to their troubles. There are all kinds of women who would be glad for your company.

Try this. Seriously.
I wish you would follow my advice and try this, and then write up a little review of how it went.
The drinking is absolutely crucial to the plan. If you don't drink, you're only going to sit there silently, feeling weird and not talking to anyone.
Seriously, try this. Just consider it an experiment.

2,412 posts, read 7,178,364 times
Quote:
Face it: short men have a better chance of winning the lottery then they do of finding a mate. Either prove me wrong using evidence, or fall silent.
OK, let's think about this.

Per the 2000 census, there are approx. 138 million men in the U.S. (see: http://www.census.gov/prod/2005pubs/censr-20.pdf). Average height of men in the is 5 ft. 9 in., meaning that approx. 50% of men in the U.S. -- about 69 million men -- are shorter than average.

According to U.S. census data, 18.5% of all men aged 40-44 have never been married (see: http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0763219.html). This means that at least 81% of men (just over 4 out of 5) men are married at some point in their life.* Thus, be definition some of these men are shorter than average.

The odds of winning the Powerball lottery are 1 in 195,249,054 (if you're in a Mega Millions state, the odds of that lotto are 1 in 175,711,536).

Applying the population data above, there are tens of millions of men in the U.S. who are shorter than average and married. There are NOT tens of millions of lottery winners.

Therefore, your statement of "fact" that "short men have a better chance of winning the lottery then they do of finding a mate" is demonstrably and completely false

----------------
* the number is actually slightly higher since there is a small percentage of men who marry for the first time much later in life.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:38 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Okay, I was trying to resist posting this, but I can't any longer...

The title of this thread, "...Short men don't stand a chance." Get it? "Stand" a chance...

Okay...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships