Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 09:05 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,586,505 times

Advertisements

I had to sleep in another room when I was married because he HAD to have the A/C on and I was extremely allergic to the A/C.. In the years since I have found that ANY air blowing directly on me stirs up my allergies big time. We were the talk of his family when they found me sleeping on the sofa early one morning when one of them came by. I didn't care what they said, it wasn't their business anyway where I slept!

My daughter and her husband have separate rooms. She is been a real light sleeper since she was a baby and he snores BIG TIME! You should here how she complains when I sleep over there, she has snoring in stereo and gets NO sleep! LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 10:02 AM

444 posts, read 1,252,553 times
I couldn't imagine not sharing the same room, same bank account, same toothbrush (joking), but if you're happy and faithful..all the best.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:32 AM

8 posts, read 15,016 times
My parents slept in separate beds almost as long as I can remember. Maybe it was the 300lbs worth of dog that didnt allow enough space for 2 people even in a king sized bed. But seriously, my mom work 12hr night shifts as a nurse and on the days she was off found herself sleeping much better on a softer mattress in a room by herself. Likewise I cannot stand sleeping in the same bed as my boyfriend (were 23). I'm the lightest sleeper ever and the slightest move, sound, or touch will wake me up in the middle of the night. We manage to nap on the couch on a lazy weekend alright but bedtime its separate rooms all the way.
So to answer your question...no your not weird...you might need some new not-so-nosy friends though. Whats works for u works for u.

Last edited by punch2800; 08-03-2010 at 11:44 AM..

Old 08-03-2010, 11:58 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,526,866 times
The only strange thing about you OP is that you allow people to criticize you in your own house.

Next time, give them the boot and go to sleep peacefully, in your separate room.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:23 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,238,501 times
I've seen several articles in online newsmagazines about how more and more people are doing this as they age. Snoring is one of several major reasons.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:15 PM

22,403 posts, read 29,516,848 times
I have commented on this a thousand times..My ex was 300lbs and snored like a freight train. We had separate rooms and it worked out perfect for us..We could both get a good nights sleep and not be cranky in am. Sometimes I would ambian so we could sleep together but even sometimes that didn't help

Old 08-04-2010, 10:10 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,774,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I have commented on this a thousand times..My ex was 300lbs and snored like a freight train. We had separate rooms and it worked out perfect for us..We could both get a good nights sleep and not be cranky in am. Sometimes I would ambian so we could sleep together but even sometimes that didn't help

why did you date a 300 lb dude? just curious.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:16 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,173,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
NO you are not strange!! When I first met my husband and he fell asleep in front of the tv for the first time, I thought a freight train was coming to plow through the house at any second. He was the loudest snoring human being on the face of this earth...how he had any sinus' left was beyond me. I contemplated getting involved with someone who was going to more than definitely keep me awake at nights.

Well, the first time I stayed overnight with him at his condo, I ended up going downstairs and sleeping on his couch and still had to put a pillow over my head so I could sleep. He was kind of hurt when he found me down there. I asked him if he realized how LOUD he was and he said he knew because on a business trip where he had to share a room with another salesman, (two beds! LOL) the guy slept in the freakin tub to get away from my husband's snoring.

Ok....I have been with my husband for 12 years now and we do sleep separate because of his problem..it has gotten a little better or I am slowly going deaf from it..one or the other. Either way, we love each other very much and when it comes to the physical part of our relationship, there are lots of places inside our home to "get together" AND then there are places where we can both get our rest.

Your old friends are wrong on this one!
I am so used to my dh's snoring that I cannot sleep when he is not here and it is QUIET. LOL

It's amazing what you can get used to.

20yrsinBranson

Old 03-23-2013, 09:57 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,747,453 times
I'd love to have separate rooms. My wife stays up late, gets up early, pulls the covers, hogs the bed, and has ice cold feet. Plus there are no benefits, if you get my drift. Oh, she snores to.

For the many, many of you whining about snoring....get your man to a sleep study. Get a Capp on him and snoring is over, and he will get some quality sleep. Just make him.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:33 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,151,993 times
^ Yeah, that's pretty much what your rude friends were getting at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships