Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 05:11 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times

Advertisements

yes, yes i do. a night on the town yesterday reaffimred my love for this wonderful place known as LOS ANGELES!!!!!

as for my immediate neighborhood, its not the best, but its mine and i MAKE it my paradise. i love it. its walkable. and its friendly... unless you a thug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 06:12 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
I have mixed feelings. My kids are in some of the best schools in America, but I don't like our climate, the high cost of living, the taxes, and the fact that I live in a tiny, cramped condo that is way too small for our family. I am right smack dab between two major cities though.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:14 PM

1,293 posts, read 3,190,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
I have mixed feelings. My kids are in some of the best schools in America, but I don't like our climate, the high cost of living, the taxes, and the fact that I live in a tiny, cramped condo that is way too small for our family. I am right smack dab between two major cities though.
Afraid to say, unless it's NJ just below NYC it makes me thankful I live in DE.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:26 PM

4,116 posts, read 3,147,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creativemama2 View Post
I've been struggling for many years now hating where we live (Cleveland). Husband grew up here and loves it as his family and lifelong friends are here. Every holiday for the last 20 years has been spent at his family's home since mine is over 10 hours away by drive and I can't afford to fly often.

I'm longing to move closer to my family, but dear husband loves his job and is unwilling to ask for a transfer as he "wouldn't have the same boss" with whom he is friends. He's also mentioned that he wants to stay near his mom to help repair her plumbing, tune her car, or any of the other little things he does for her on a weekly basis.

I appreciate and love the fact that he wants to care for his mom, but I'm feeling resentful because I feel that after 20 years, "it's my turn" (even though I know how childish that sounds.) Not to mention that I don't want my kids in the crippling unemployment, crime, the ongoing FBI investigation of our corrupt government, poor schools, poverty and overall deterioration I see every day in this city. He's a great guy but we're both very opinionated and stuck on this.

So since he's the primary breadwinner for now and has the power in this decision, how do I get over being away from family, hating where I live or accepting the area I live in even if it's not my ideal? Any advice would be welcome.
Well I live in NYC and I hate this place as well. I live in Brooklyn and the neighborhood is not all that great. I have a 13yr old entering H.S. and not the best place for her to grow up in. My boyfriend of 2yrs lives in Queens in a nice neighborhood. I want to leave to Florida but he lived there for 2yrs and hates it there. I don't have enough money to just get up and relocate at this moment and knowing he will NEVER want to move there is even harder on me because I don't know what to do when the time does come that I can pack up and just leave

I am in the position where I ask myself "Do I save all my money and just leave or do I stay and continue hating this place because I want to be with him"?

I don't think it's worth it but sometimes you just have to stick it out a little bit whether your happy or not and see what happens in the long run

Old 06-26-2009, 07:35 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,816,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creativemama2 View Post
High29South - My family is in the south too in TN. I know the south has its problems, but I still think there's nothing like the south for hospitality, food and a more relaxed way of life.
Amen to that!

Old 06-26-2009, 08:17 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,507 times
I LOVE where I live, just outside San Antonio, 20 miles from downtown and 20 miles from Hill Country, lakes and outlet malls. I love hot weather (and boy, do we have a lot of it here), the restaurants, activities, my job, and the friendly people. I've lived in Northern VA, Southern CA, Northern NV, and Southern AZ and this is the best place by far. I never want to leave.

However, if things progress with my boyfriend and we get married. I'll move to where he is if I can't convince him to move here. I sure hope he'll move here though.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:18 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,121,439 times
I love Jacksonville, FL to the fullest. I was born and raised here. Big city with small town feel. We may be lacking in some amenties but we're coming up.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:20 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,740,833 times
I love where I live, but I love one place more -- Portland and hopefully will be there in a year or so.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:38 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
I LOVE where I live, just outside San Antonio, 20 miles from downtown and 20 miles from Hill Country, lakes and outlet malls. I love hot weather (and boy, do we have a lot of it here), the restaurants, activities, my job, and the friendly people. I've lived in Northern VA, Southern CA, Northern NV, and Southern AZ and this is the best place by far. I never want to leave.

However, if things progress with my boyfriend and we get married. I'll move to where he is if I can't convince him to move here. I sure hope he'll move here though.
Where in southern AZ? I'm from Tucson .

Everyone I know from TX are some of the nicest and spunkiest people I know!

As for me..I don't really like Tucson. its ok if you grew up here which I did so the only plus for me is my mom, my brother and my friends, other than that, it sometimes feels like northern mexico (the dirty parts of mexico) and I'm not a big fan of the desert. I like lots of green and a beach within a couple hours drive. there isn't really much to do here either, although a little bit more free and outdoors stuff, I think than phoenix. I think Northern AZ is way more beautiful than southern AZ though.

Old 06-26-2009, 08:43 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
I love where I live. I would not move from here, but I wouldn't mind having several second homes in various locations around the country and the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships