Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 02:10 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjbrent View Post
I don't believe its for everyone. And I don't believe it has to be done in one exact manner. Basically just like everything else you have to find what works best for the two of you. I will be getting married in the fall and I love my fiance but also like "me" time. One night a week we spend time with our same sex friends apart or just spend the night alone. At least for the two of us, I think if we were together all the time excluding work we would have some problems. We are both only children who like some independance. I view it as we are two individuals who want to share our lives together. I once saw an engagment card that said "Two souls, one thought". That is not how I see my future marriage. I think we both need our own thoughts! You get the drift of what I am saying. Different strokes for different folks.

And for the bedroom part of it all- must try new things, new places, new positions. New new new!! Once again, take the basic concept and personalize it!

Hopefully you two can keep the same rules and values you have now. If you can it will be a perfect marriage. HOWEVER, MY ADVICE IS..You don't need mine or anyone elses...Good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2007, 02:10 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,168,409 times
I don't know if I believe in marriage. I think the jury is still out on this one. I have been with one guy for 11 years, with a "speed bump" in the middle. I don't know what marriage will do for us. I haven't been on the "other side" yet to know.

Old 04-17-2007, 02:13 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,387,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poprocksncoke View Post
I am 23 and been married for 2 years as of the 24th of this month.
Age has nothing to do with it, maturity and many other things.. but not age.
That is wonderful. It's just to me anyway, it's hard to find someone mature enough at such a young age, but not impossible. It also to me seems that women mature at a younger age, not saying that men don't or can't.

Old 04-17-2007, 02:15 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poprocksncoke View Post
I am 23 and been married for 2 years as of the 24th of this month.
Age has nothing to do with it, maturity and many other things.. but not age.
Happy Anniversary, poprocksncoke...and many,many more.

Old 04-17-2007, 02:15 PM

653 posts, read 3,409,094 times
MARRIAGE is a Fine Institution.....and with any luck, ya won't end up in one...
An Institution that is!!!!!! (LOL)

Old 04-17-2007, 02:16 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,796,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
That is wonderful. It's just to me anyway, it's hard to find someone mature enough at such a young age, but not impossible. It also to me seems that women mature at a younger age, not saying that men don't or can't.
That's true...
I think its great that friends my age are in relationships that are stable enough to handle marriage and kids.

Marriage is just like anything else you do, if you really want to make it work, it will.. but if you half a.ss it, that's the result you will get.

Old 04-17-2007, 02:19 PM

44 posts, read 42,041 times
To North Carolina:
Bible its difficult to understand.
Bible says: Dont Kill
Bible says: Dont Steal
And bible says many things...

If you were a poor man, would you steal food to eat?Answer is simple:Eat or die.
If you were a soldier in a war, would you kill?The answer is simple:Kill or be killed.

Be christian its difficult.
Im a sinner.
If God dont forgive me, Ill burn in hell.But ill burn like a MAN.

I love women.I love have *** with them.But i dont believe in marriage.
Thats the way i think and nobody will change me.
I love the pleasure of be with a woman, but i dont want to care her when she fall ill or something...
I respect you, the only that i hope its that you respect me.

I repeat:I believe in Christ, but i am not a 100% follower.

Old 04-17-2007, 02:22 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,796,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annihilator_ View Post
To North Carolina:
Bible its difficult to understand.
Bible says: Dont Kill
Bible says: Dont Steal
And bible says many things...

If you were a poor man, would you steal food to eat?Answer is simple:Eat or die.
If you were a soldier in a war, would you kill?The answer is simple:Kill or be killed.

Be christian its difficult.
Im a sinner.
If God dont forgive me, Ill burn in hell.But ill burn like a MAN.

I love women.I love have *** with them.But i dont believe in marriage.
Thats the way i think and nobody will change me.
I love the pleasure of be with a woman, but i dont want to care her when she fall ill or something...
I respect you, the only that i hope its that you respect me.

I repeat:I believe in Christ, but i am not a 100% follower.
You want to have your cake and eat it too.

Old 04-17-2007, 02:26 PM

44 posts, read 42,041 times
I had a bad experience and NEVER again.

Old 04-17-2007, 02:27 PM

366 posts, read 387,002 times
Hmmm. I think your feelings are somewhat normal for someone your age. I just hope that you are as religious with using BC as you claim to be about the Christian Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships