Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2009, 11:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,308 times

Advertisements

I have a BF of almost a year. We get along great. I feel like I have met my match for life. But here is the kicker. He has been devioced for 7yrs. He has two loving children 11 & 9. They get along with me to a certain point and then the oldest just knows how to push my buttons. I have a bad rep and a bad past. But my BF knows of all this. We both want to move forward and start living our lives together. He only sees the children every other weekend and he is an okay father but he has room for improvment. I tell you I am not a saint. But we want a family someday and we would like his children to accept me. His ex-wife has already remarried and has two more children, a newbie and a 3yr. So now it's the brother, mother, ex-wife, and children making him decide between your kids or this nasty GF! He hates the fact that they are tring to control his life of who he is allowed to date and allowed to be around the children. The most devistating thing I did was go behind both parent backs and create a myspace for the oldest child when it was causing a problem between the mother and daughter. I thought should would only use it over at her fathers. But come to find out his oldest has two myspace accounts, a facebook, yearbook, and is on twitter... I have had myspace for 3yrs and now I am not allowed to say a status because the oldest checks it and relays it back to her mother.
It's very sad to see him love again after 7yrs and have a live-in GF and now his family is telling him to choose your kids over the weekend or your live-in GF! He is devestated. When it came down to use talking about this and how we could work with it. The only solution we came up with is that I would have to stay at my friends house everyother weekend. "It's just not fair." he replays. We are adults and his mother and his ex-wife is still treating him like he is a child.

Please give me some feed back I would love to know some advice and suggestions...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 11:50 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
The most devistating thing I did was go behind both parent backs and create a myspace for the oldest child when it was causing a problem between the mother and daughter.

And your an adult? If you did that to my child you would be out the door. Sorry what you did was awful.

You may not like my comment, but to post anything on the interenet about a child is beyond horrific.

A young girl in Missouri commited suicide because an adult posted hateful comments about her.

Shame on you.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:08 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
WTH? Doesnt this belong in the "Relationships" forum?

Old 07-31-2009, 01:24 PM

376 posts, read 1,809,681 times
Sorry SD, you went beyond the pale. An 11 year old does NOT need a myspace page. and yachtcare is correct, you may want to move this to relationships.

Old 07-31-2009, 03:03 PM

812 posts, read 1,676,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mytimenow View Post
Sorry SD, you went beyond the pale. An 11 year old does NOT need a myspace page. and yachtcare is correct, you may want to move this to relationships.
Game, set, and match!

Good luck to the OP, you have a LOT of issues!!

Old 07-31-2009, 03:07 PM

3,418 posts, read 7,790,621 times
I agree this should go to Relationships.

That aside, I'm not getting the MySpace problem. I can't quite grasp what the OP did with a MySpace account.

Old 08-01-2009, 03:52 AM

812 posts, read 1,676,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
I can't quite grasp what the OP did with a MySpace account.
They enabled someone who is too young (by myspace rules and apparent community standards) to be on Myspace to get an account.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:10 AM

3,636 posts, read 9,774,924 times
Why is this on here??????????????????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships