Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 08:22 PM

8,940 posts, read 20,364,639 times

Advertisements

While married or even while I was single and had a girlfriend, never done the "Boys Night Out" thing! Perhaps it was because the guys that I knew just didn't go out without their wives or girlfriends. However, I did see plenty of ladies wearing wedding sets who were out with other ladies. I totally kept away from them!! Actually, I had an old buddy of mine use to be a Bouncer at a nightclub and he told me about this married couple that use to come into the club often.........kicker is......after they came entered the club, each of them took off their wedding band/set OFF and went their separate ways!
"Boys Night Out" and "Girls Night Out" thing is pretty much for the those couples who are young (much younger than wife and I at 60/61 yrs. old).
Do we believe in it......absolutely NOT (but that is our opinion).
Couples can trust each other all they want, BUT when there is drinking going on.......well, only one thing we can say....GOOD LUCK!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 08:25 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,395,538 times
adultery no penalty any longer. for some reason its now no biggy if a woman cheats. how strange, its all about you guy.
this is all having an effect on the marriage market. women are no looking for good marriage material looking for good divorce material$$$, and the preserve has been over hunted, game is scarce.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:43 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,254,763 times
If it was not the stripper it would of been someone else.

Girls night out...whatever...depends on the girls. For some that could be a bunch of movies and too much vodka exchanging various embarassing stories about the hubby.

But I think a need for g.n.o. or b.n.o. is an indicator that your partner is bored with you and there is a rut digging itself somewhere.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:44 PM

2,638 posts, read 6,018,934 times
Problem with girls' night out is, as has been said, the types of girls she's going out with.

What I've found over the years is that I never have or will like a girl's friends. There are always issues getting along with them. Either I'm ugly and they don't understand why she's seeing me, they're hoodrats and I don't understand why she's hanging out with them, or it's clear they've been around the block, in which case I wonder about her 'conquests'.

Old 08-08-2009, 08:47 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,292,505 times
My wife needs to get some friends that she hangs out with and go out occasionally and have a "clean" good time.... "Girls Night Out" is a good thing. I can tell you about the other extreme where you have the pressure of being the only "friend" as well as husband.....

NOT easy.....

PLEEEEEASE honey go out and have a good time. I'll watch the kids, just GO!!!!

(of course part of my motive is selfish because then I wont' feel so bad going out to catch a game or play poker... )

Old 08-09-2009, 08:57 AM

1,815 posts, read 5,399,284 times
Girls night out is a good thing, as is boys night out. Everyone needs friends to go out with on occasion. However, I'm not really big into going to strip clubs. Dinner and a few drinks is fine, as long as there is a designated driver and no one gets wasted.

Girls night out for me has been hanging out at someone's place watching chick flicks, eating takeout or cooking a meal together and, of course, having outrageous desserts. Always a good time - no testosterone allowed!

Besides, if you and your partner don't have separate lives, what the heck are you going to talk about when you're together?

Old 08-09-2009, 09:06 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,185,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
My wife needs to get some friends that she hangs out with and go out occasionally and have a "clean" good time.... "Girls Night Out" is a good thing. I can tell you about the other extreme where you have the pressure of being the only "friend" as well as husband.....

NOT easy.....

PLEEEEEASE honey go out and have a good time. I'll watch the kids, just GO!!!!

(of course part of my motive is selfish because then I wont' feel so bad going out to catch a game or play poker... )
Yep, I tell my dh the same thing. Go! Go see Ben, Matt, Chris, whoever. He goes to parties. I don't go out much any more, tho I have a lot of friends. Ever since we bought this house, and I started my new job, I just don't have the energy. I cannot go out, and feel comfortable, when I have a million things to do. It kind of sucks.

Any way, I don't do "girls night out" since my best friend in Boston is a guy and he's the one I'm normally paired up with. Tho, my dh often refers to him as a girl lol.

Old 08-09-2009, 10:29 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,546,711 times
"Girl's Night Out" can be fun, but you're playing with fire. It depends a great deal on the quality of your friends, and what they might egg you on to do.

If I ever get married again, I probably wouldn't do this. Why? Because it would be weird to get all dressed up and made up to go out, and then say, "Bye, honey!" to my husband. I should be dressing up and going out with him. Going swimming at a friend's place, going to lunch, going shopping... Those are all "girl activities" that give me some space and breathing room, yet don't entail the meat market club atmosphere.

Old 08-09-2009, 11:17 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,687,808 times
Ah yes. Girls Night Out. For years men have taken part in this event and there has been little or no consequence for their actions. Until now. Now its not necessarily a consequence for those men who have partaken in bad, or negative behavior in the past, as it now becomes a newly "justified" behavior for women (for all of those "bad things men have done in the past"). Instead of fostering a healthy interaction with a married couple's friends (which IMO is necessary) It has become almost a sense of "entitlement" used to help justify a married couple's difficulties in being married in the first place. We have been duped into believing that a night out with friends is a good thing. Then we are sold on the bill of goods that separate vacations are a good thing and so are separate bedrooms, bathrooms, (Some new houses have master suites with his and her bedroom and bathrooms???) Yet the divorce rate keeps climbing.

Old 08-09-2009, 05:41 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,444,847 times
We ladies do love our "girl's night out" time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships