Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many of you are single or married?
Single and never been married. 87 34.39%
Single and divorce now. 41 16.21%
Single and a widower now. 4 1.58%
Married now. 121 47.83%
Voters: 253. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 11:21 AM

783 posts, read 2,587,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywriter View Post
I'm single, never married. But then I'm only 18.
But honestly. I don't see myself getting married, not because I don't want to, but because I'm a romantic. I'm looking for true love, which nowadays is hard to believe exists. I don't plan on ever settling for less than 'the one'.

Skywriter, we are in the same pot of soup. Am happy been single, that's what counts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2007, 05:28 PM

570 posts, read 1,583,634 times
Married for 27 years in August.................. Knew him 7 years before we got married!

He's my buddy...

Old 05-14-2007, 05:34 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,298,887 times
The thought of getting married again fills me with more fear then facing down a hurricane, a man breaking into my house with a gun or just about any other thing I can think of...

Last time I felt terribly trapped...I don't relish feeling that way again.

Old 05-14-2007, 06:06 PM

3,020 posts, read 25,734,779 times
Default Yeah, girl you be on the run........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
The thought of getting married again fills me with more fear then facing down a hurricane, a man breaking into my house with a gun or just about any other thing I can think of...

Last time I felt terribly trapped...I don't relish feeling that way again.
Yep, you definitely ready for no man.

You got a bad case of man fear.

Bout like one of them cowboys that got bucked off some bull. The one somebody should have taken by the horns. Probably went to the right when yall was leaning to the left.

You be definitely not ready to be gitting in that ring again with no man folks. You be needing to refocus, retune, readjust and reorder priorities.

Now quit blaming them man's folk and git a game plan how you are going to approach this here new World Order. Git youself a string of boys, bout like ordering pizza and learn the ropes.

You just need to learn how to ride them here man's boys, keep smiling with the hand in the air, show them who is boss lady. Plenty of nice wimp boys, you jist got to get a bit more selective. And yup, forget about marrying all of them. Git your favorites, saddle them loose and talk them into the reins.

Girl, you don't have to break them all, just ride a few.

Wow, he must have been good, yall got a bad case of saddle burn.

Old 05-14-2007, 07:52 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,298,887 times
I'm sorry Cosmic but I don't now treat sex and relationships casually nor will I ever.

I am a single parent, raising one daughter without the assistance of her Father...she comes first...the absolutely LAST thing I would want in my life is a so called string of men in my life...

As far as blaming men...once again we have someone making alot of assumptions about me...I have been in some bad relationships but no one held a gun to my head...I ignored the red flags...how can I blame someone else for something like that?

Putting all the blame on the other person in a relationship just isn't realistic...AND doing that makes it so you can't really examine your part and set things right.

I'm just curious about all the married people here, not that I don't enjoy your company but isn't your spouse missing you??? I can think of more then one thing I would be doing at this very moment, the house is quiet, my daughter is in bed...it wouldn't involved a computer.

Old 05-14-2007, 08:16 PM

1,082 posts, read 3,780,296 times
Cosmic, I know you are trying to be funny, but your not.
I don't think Lisa wants any a dem dar saddle sores.

Lisa, it is best for a single parent, simply concentrate on their children. That is what real parents do. Good for you!

My DH is on the freeway, 2+ hours each way commute!! If he was home I sure would not be pounding these keys!!
MBG

Old 05-14-2007, 08:21 PM

1,082 posts, read 3,780,296 times
Oh yeah,I forgot the topic!!! I have been married to the same wonderful man, for 15 years our anniversary is on the 22 of this month.
MBG

Old 05-14-2007, 08:53 PM

3,020 posts, read 25,734,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
I'm sorry Cosmic but I don't now treat sex and relationships casually nor will I ever.

I am a single parent, raising one daughter without the assistance of her Father...she comes first...the absolutely LAST thing I would want in my life is a so called string of men in my life...

As far as blaming men...once again we have someone making alot of assumptions about me...I have been in some bad relationships but no one held a gun to my head...I ignored the red flags...how can I blame someone else for something like that?

Putting all the blame on the other person in a relationship just isn't realistic...AND doing that makes it so you can't really examine your part and set things right.

I'm just curious about all the married people here, not that I don't enjoy your company but isn't your spouse missing you??? I can think of more then one thing I would be doing at this very moment, the house is quiet, my daughter is in bed...it wouldn't involved a computer.
Duh, what spouse?????

My dog is sleeping right now. Later I will take her teddy down.

I get to play with the computer when I want too.

Old 05-14-2007, 08:57 PM

20 posts, read 86,544 times
married just over a year now.

Old 05-15-2007, 12:05 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,652,381 times
Happily married 15 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships