Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 09:23 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I don't get your logic. You DO meet them in person. You don't DATE anyone, until after you MEET them, and decide if there is anything there that you want to get to know. The whole point of using a site is to find PROSPECTIVE dates. People that you MIGHT want to get to know. You'll never know that until you meet them. Simply connecting with someone online is not dating, and it never will be.
Um...yeah...I talked online first then met them in person after awhile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 09:26 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,036,650 times
Now the wet suit guy..lol, theres a winner...i can't imaging what must have been going through your head..

Old 11-15-2009, 09:29 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,902,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by si33 View Post
Now the wet suit guy..lol, theres a winner...i can't imaging what must have been going through your head..
Hey now, maybe he thought she'd be impressed by that. Didn't the Fall Guy have groupies?

Old 11-15-2009, 09:36 PM

37,618 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
I prefer a more chance meeting then I guess. You know that is a person you'd like to get to know if you see them, exchange a few words, or become friends first. I'm not saying I'd never want to meet people in person I've met online, but I am saying I'd be weary to answer an ad or place one of my own and actually arrange to meet them. At least on here, if people are giving honest answers, you can get a sense of who they are in a somewhat anonymous fashion.
That's exactly what happens in a bar, and I promise you'll meet more critters and skanks there than you ever will online - at least if you use some common sense and stay away from the obvious skeevy sites and suspicious profiles.

Yanno, you actually do talk on the phone first...in fact you should talk on the phone a LOT, before ever meeting. And you should also be able to google them and verify their circumstances to a degree. It ain't rocket science.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:40 PM

Not entirely true,, ive met some awesome people at the bar..and im not talking about just women i dated...It all depends on what you are there for..there are shady people everywhere..just have to pay attention to your surroundings...

Old 11-15-2009, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Pretty much (omg he's nuts and he lives close to me...he knows where I live) (wonder how to get a restraining order) lol -nah after I faked the headache..he knew...we didn't call each other.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:42 PM

37,618 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Not entirely true,, ive met some awesome people at the bar..and im not talking about just women i dated...It all depends on what you are there for..there are shady people everywhere..just have to pay attention to your surroundings...
Yep. I agree with that.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
That's exactly what happens in a bar, and I promise you'll meet more critters and skanks there than you ever will online - at least if you use some common sense and stay away from the obvious skeevy sites and suspicious profiles.

Yanno, you actually do talk on the phone first...in fact you should talk on the phone a LOT, before ever meeting. And you should also be able to google them and verify their circumstances to a degree. It ain't rocket science.
Very true...I learned to talk to them longer...then meet them.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
And I met some awesome People from the internet that I would never in a million yrs met other wise.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:52 PM

This is also true..cheers....and no, i wasn't looking at his package..not my thing..Not much of a museum type anyway..lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships