Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 07:44 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I typically would never advise anyone to get married simply because you got the girl pregnant. That in itself is not a good reason. But given the fact that you two have been best friends for three years, dating for 6 months and love one another, I'd say you have the perfect foundation to take it a step further and consider marriage. You've decribed everything a person could want in a spouse...best friend, love, and respect. It's a huge step, but so is parenthood, and if you love one another and are truly friends, you owe it to your child to provide him/her with a loving household that consists of a full time mommy and daddy.

One thing you can anticipate, having a child will change things, however, if you truly love one another then you will face those challenges together as a team and love your child unconditionally as most parents do. Based on what you've shared, I'd say go for it!
I think it's better to never impregnate someone you couldn't stand to touch with a ten-foot pole for the next 20 years.

It's better to only get a girl you could see marrying pregnant and then it's not such an issue. I suppose the Maury Povich show need not worry about finding subjects for the paternity shows.

It's one thing for a baby to be conceived a little early ahead of the wedding day and someone using a woman simply for sexual release and she and the child are to be discarded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 08:46 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Marry her.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:33 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,425,882 times
Don't propose! Jeesh- that is a bad idea. I would never want to be that girl who the guy only propsed because I was pregnant with his kid. Continue to date, monogamously, talk about moving in and keep things on track. But damn, just because she is carrying your child doesn't mean you need to get on your knee so fast.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:50 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,084,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitleybaby View Post
My girlfriend just told me that she's 6 weeks pregnant.
Should i propose to her ?
I have doubts because marriage is a huge step and divorce isn't something i want
We've been best friends for 3 years and started dating about 6 months ago
I love her and it's been really amazing but marriage is a huge step
If you were me ,what would you do ?
no, you shouldn't. I did that very thing, got pregnant, got married had two more kids, and then got divorced. We fought and were miserable the entire time. marriage isn't a solution to all your problems, you should marry cause you want to not have to.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:30 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,238 times
Out of curiosity was the pregnancy on the heels of you guys taking a break? Did she claim she couldn't get pregnant, or perhaps said she was on the pill?

Regardless, make it clear that you'll have to get a paternity test. If the above holds true then there's a good chance in a few weeks she'll claim she had a miscarriage or was mistaken. If she's for real and it's a genuine pregnancy with no ulterior motives then good luck. Do NOT just get married out of some warped sense of obligation.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:41 AM

1,397 posts, read 4,846,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bananas View Post
If you feel like that she is the one because of her personality, the love you guys have, that special bond, etc. then I'd say go for it.

Don't feel forced to marry her because you are going to have her baby.
I agree completely.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:48 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
This really aggrivates me...how, does a person get pregnant in this day and age???????

I realize there are cases where people do...but you hear this so much and I just cannot believe people take this kind of a chance...unless of couse, they do it on purpose, cuz they want to be taken care of?

Old 12-01-2009, 10:48 AM

2,637 posts, read 4,463,432 times
If She is pregnant, it seems you already did propose.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:55 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,926,902 times
well, it's like this
there's a man, and a woman........................................

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
This really aggrivates me...how, does a person get pregnant in this day and age???????

Old 12-01-2009, 10:59 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
well, it's like this
there's a man, and a woman........................................

yessssssssss,,,,,,,,,,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships