Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2009, 11:42 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,549,627 times

Advertisements

This whole phenomenon is absolutely 100% true, but it depends on two things: looks and context. The two work in concert together. If the girl is exceptionally gorgeous and approachable she'll be hit on anywhere, even at a place like church. And if a girl is at a bar where a lot of sleezy guys visit, she can be quite plain, even somewhat unattractive and get hit on.

I once a girl with big blue eyes, long strawberry blond hair, and a killer body. She was also very youthful and vibrant and very enthusiastic about meeting people. EVerywhere we went she got hit on, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!!! It was incredible! We would be sitting down together at Denny's and a guy would just walk up to the table, sit down next to her and try to work his charm, tell her she is beautiful, ask her what she does for fun, give her his number, ask for hers. And I'm like RIGHT THERE!!! This was before dancing taught me that it's my responsibility to protect my girl so I just watched. These days guys don't approach my girls, well, except for the alpha male "friends" who steal the girls I'm dating.

Me "protecting" my girls from my alpha friends only comes across as jealousy and usually doesn't keep the girl from falling for them. But I can't just sit back and watch either because I know what the guys are doing. I talk to them and they say, "she's a free girl. Who she chooses is up to her. You aren't engaged so I can pursue her if I want." If I don't step in, the guys will get her number and call her and win her over. They are alpha males after all. They don't have trouble making the ladies like them. But the moment I DO step in is the moment my relationship with her is over, since the guys make it seem like I'm just being jealous and controlling. Some friends huh? The only thing I can do to keep the girls I'm dating from being taken by my friends is to keep them far away until the girl is madly in love with me.

Last edited by smartalx; 12-01-2009 at 11:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2009, 11:53 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,111,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartalx View Post
This whole phenomenon is absolutely 100% true, but it depends on two things: looks and context. The two work in concert together. If the girl is exceptionally gorgeous and approachable she'll be hit on anywhere, even at a place like church. And if a girl is at a bar where a lot of sleezy guys visit, she can be quite plain, even somewhat unattractive and get hit on.

I once a girl with big blue eyes, long strawberry blond hair, and a killer body. She was also very youthful and vibrant and very enthusiastic about meeting people. EVerywhere we went she got hit on, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!!! It was incredible! We would be sitting down together at Denny's and a guy would just walk up to the table, sit down next to her and try to work his charm, tell her she is beautiful, ask her what she does for fun, give her his number, ask for hers. And I'm like RIGHT THERE!!! This was before dancing taught me that it's my responsibility to protect my girl so I just watched. These days guys don't approach my girls, well, except for the alpha male "friends" who steal the girls I'm dating. Me "protecting" my girls from my alpha friends only comes across as jealousy and usually doesn't keep the girl from falling for them. But I can't just sit back and watch either because I know what the guys are doing. I talk to them and they say, "she's a free girl. Who she chooses is up to her. You aren't engaged so I can pursue her if I want." If I don't step in, the guys will get her number and call her and win her over. They are alpha males after all. They don't have trouble making the ladies like them. Some friends huh? The only thing I can do to keep the girls I'm dating from being taken by my friends is to keep them far away until the girl is madly in love with me.
I dont care if theyre alpha omega beta whatever thats not a friend if he tries to steal yuor girl from you thast a scumbag

Old 12-01-2009, 11:54 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,152,910 times
Quote:

I once a girl with big blue eyes, long strawberry blond hair, and a killer body. She was also very youthful and vibrant and very enthusiastic about meeting people. EVerywhere we went she got hit on, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!!!! It was incredible! We would be sitting down together at Denny's and a guy would just walk up to the table, sit down next to her and try to work his charm, tell her she is beautiful, ask her what she does for fun, give her his number, ask for hers. And I'm like RIGHT THERE!!! This was before dancing taught me that it's my responsibility to protect my girl so I just watched. These days guys don't approach my girls, well, except for the alpha male "friends" who steal the girls I'm dating. Me "protecting" my girls from my alpha friends only comes across as jealousy and usually doesn't keep the girl from falling for them. But I can't just sit back and watch either because I know what the guys are doing. I talk to them and they say, "she's a free girl. Who she chooses is up to her. You aren't engaged so I can pursue her if I want." If I don't step in, the guys will get her number and call her and win her over. They are alpha males after all. They don't have trouble making the ladies like them. Some friends huh? The only thing I can do to keep the girls I'm dating from being taken by my friends is to keep them far away until the girl is madly in love with me.
That's just so messed up

Old 12-01-2009, 11:58 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,064,123 times
For all of the ladies whom are saying you don't get hit on -- are you wearing a wedding ring?

I always look before I make a move, or try to.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:08 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,549,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
That's just so messed up
What? It's not normal? LOL. Yeah I know, but try to explain it to the guys. I've tried telling the girls ahead of time too. I say, "no, you can't meet my friends yet. They'll try to steal you from me.". Then I chuckle as if it was a joke. A month later they are dating. It's inevitable. And me kicking the guys to the curb wouldn't help. They'll ride my coattails anyway. They know I attract desirable girls. I have to stay friends with these jerks. Two enemies fighting for the same girl is okay, and I can't compete against them. They are alpha males highly desireable by women. At least on the surface. Keeping their friendship is the only protection I have, slight as it is. I am hoping I'll finally find a girl who realizes that she doesn't want to ever date a guy who would steal a girl from one of his buddies. So far no luck. You can imagine that my friendship with these guys is strained, to say the least. They know not to call me for help moving or when they need a jump start for their car.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:35 PM

240 posts, read 1,290,384 times
Yes,I get hit on all the time in a variety of places. I always assumed that attractive females get hit on. I saw your profile picture,you are very pretty. I can't imagine why guys wouldn't hit on you.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:41 PM

748 posts, read 1,315,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Oooh, yoo espeaky espanish to, que bueno!! lol
Si Senor... it is my first language.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:43 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,776,244 times
Quote:
I have to stay friends with these jerks.
This is where you lost me.

Quote:
They are alpha males highly desireable by women.

Keeping their friendship is the only protection I have, slight as it is.
what are you, a plant?

Old 12-01-2009, 12:44 PM

17,645 posts, read 22,685,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valeeighty2 View Post
Que pasa Mr. Cat

I Now Pronounce you Gato & Senorita...

Old 12-01-2009, 12:46 PM

748 posts, read 1,315,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk j View Post
i now pronounce you gato & senorita...

:d:d:d
lol!!! :d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships