Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2009, 10:45 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidamarink View Post
There are qualifying black bachelors out there, you just don't notice them because they're not loud, flashy, and tacky like the "thug" types that you see so much. It's the same with black women. There are many professional black women out there, but you're not going to find them in sleazy nightclubs and on trashy rap videos. I think a good college with a higher black student population is the best choice for the younger black single, and then obviously the workplace or African-American professional support organizations (i.e. National Association of Black Accountants) would be the choice for a 25+ black person. The key is obviously to surround yourself with middle to upper class black people like yourself, as that raises the odds of finding compatibility with one.
That’s great advice; I often wonder why when people start going on and on about what black people do I never run across those types and it’s because I don’t associate myself with them. Almost every social circle I have is formed from people I went to school with, a organization I belong to or people I work with.

Another thing I’ve noticed about black people (my friends anyway) especially the more successful, educated ones is that they’ve bought into the stereotypes and start judging by appearances. Oh she’s wearing a weave so she must be X,Y,Z. Oh he’s wearing a wife beater so he must be X,Y,Z.

I tried to hook my friend up with one of my bf’s friends and she told me she ran into him at K-Mart one day and he was dressed all sloppy and looked a mess. I talked to him like a week later and he was like “I saw your friend at the store the other day” turns out he had been in the middle of something and had just run to the store…I didn’t even bother to correct her…I hooked him up with my coworker instead.

Last edited by nat_at772; 12-18-2009 at 11:09 AM..

Old 12-18-2009, 11:26 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times
Also, black women should be open to approaching guys. If you see a "good guy", do not be afraid to approach him.

Ron

Old 12-18-2009, 11:37 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,310,013 times
I don't have a lot of Black friends or acquaintances but some of the most successful Blacks men I met were not too interested in Black females, mostly Caucasians and Asians.

I have only been with one Black female in my life(for a short period of time) and one thing that turned me off about her right away was how MATERIALISTIC she really was.

Also, I hear Black females use the term "broke ass" as if the man is supposed to be perfect, make a lot of money, even if it means through illicit means.

I think that is one of the reasons why so many Black men end up with White women. I have had girlfriends even when I had no income, no car, no job and one of them was the best relationship of my life, my ex never judged me based on what I drove or what I possessed.

I think this obsession a lot of Black women have with materialism is definitely a turn off, no wonder, so many Black men are going with the White country girls

Old 12-18-2009, 12:07 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I don't have a lot of Black friends or acquaintances but some of the most successful Blacks men I met were not too interested in Black females, mostly Caucasians and Asians.

I have only been with one Black female in my life(for a short period of time) and one thing that turned me off about her right away was how MATERIALISTIC she really was.

Also, I hear Black females use the term "broke ass" as if the man is supposed to be perfect, make a lot of money, even if it means through illicit means.

I think that is one of the reasons why so many Black men end up with White women. I have had girlfriends even when I had no income, no car, no job and one of them was the best relationship of my life, my ex never judged me based on what I drove or what I possessed.

I think this obsession a lot of Black women have with materialism is definitely a turn off, no wonder, so many Black men are going with the White country girls
I hate when I hear people say “I date X because Y is so Z” how bout “I date X because I’m attracted to X and we have a lot in common”…I wish a man would tell me he only dates white women because black women are too materialistic..I would have responded well maybe if you stop picking chicks up from Church’s chicken then you won’t have that problem.

The funny thing is depending on which thread you look in you’ll see people talking about “black women are fools when it comes to men. They’ll take care of these men with no jobs, no car, no money and blah blah blah blah”…..so which is it are we materialistic and shallow or are we damn fools who will take care of a man who has nothing?

I think the answer is that black women are no different from any other group of people….some are damn fools, some are shallow, some are supportive, some have attitudes, some are loving, some are materialistic…stop trying to use your personal experience one ****ty woman and the likes of your friends as a barometer for the rest of us.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:36 PM

8,982 posts, read 21,171,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
I'm a black guy, and I said it a few times in this thread as well - why can't everyone just be open minded towards everyone. The thing is if some people think there's no good black men, or very few black men, then what's point in continuing looking for non-existent good black men, if you get what I mean?

Anyway, black men are overrated. I include myself in that.

Btw, this thread should die a slow death.
Dorrans, if I'm not mistaken I read in this thread (or forum in general) that you're from the UK, no?

I believe that the idea of blacks - male and female - dating interracially is looked at more positively on your side of the pond than over here. Probably different historical contexts as well.

I don't disagree that it would be nice if black women would hold - or be held by - men who aren't black as higher romantic potential. At the same time, I understand the frustration of the OP and other ladies who have responded.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:45 PM

371 posts, read 894,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Actually, we're underrated.
Big time.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:47 PM

1,605 posts, read 3,918,260 times
Quote:
For the record, I think southern white girls (or just country girls in general) have the hottest accents. She could be b*tching about how crappy her day was, nagging about any insignificant little issue, and ranting about some shopping crap I wouldn't usually care about, and it'll still turn me on. And a fairly good amount of them tend to be very down to earth, easy to please and get along with, have smoking hot bodies (although a decent body would be good enough too), and are good with being very open and understanding when it comes to sharing and understanding emotions & romance.

And why is that, you may ask? It's called "personal taste"! Does this mean I'll only go for southern white girls? Absolutely not! Would I have the same attraction to some woman that had the exact same attributes but was black? Of course, given that her accent had an authentic twang or drawl (and NOT some borderline-twang/drawl, borderline-slang/ghetto sound). And for all of you black women who are going to harp on me for liking southern white chicks, I just want you all to know that there are certain groups of white girls I can't stand to be around (outside of hooking-up with them) like the stereotypical NJ/LI gu*dettes, the single-female-lawyer types, and the stereotypical trailer-trash females who don't even take care of themselves in any way (btw, you can live in a trailer and still NOT be trailer trash).

Last edited by Do a Barrel Roll; 12-18-2009 at 01:00 PM..

Old 12-18-2009, 01:28 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,121,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
LOL I know...I just hate when people run off at the mouth when they don't know what they're talking about..aside from all that it was A JOKE...on a side note I like it when you call me "mama"
You know how I do. Your booty is just big enough for me. I'm sorry, that didn't come out right

Old 12-18-2009, 01:39 PM

259 posts, read 840,865 times
Quote:

Now I see why you don't have a lot of Black friends.

Old 12-18-2009, 01:40 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post

You know how I do. Your booty is just big enough for me. I'm sorry, that didn't come out right
Whoa....wait a minute!!!

Did I miss something?

Do you have pics?

I need pics!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships