Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 08:30 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,240,828 times

Advertisements

he told me today i should write a manual about "why do all these airheaded girls try to act as mature as you* when they're really not?"

*meaning me

when he can tell me why guys tend to fall for the airheaded gig, and why I'm sooooooooo awesome but not awesome enough to date, then maybe I will have an answer for him.

I can't count how many times have I been shoved aside by someone that I have actually shared actual interests with for one of those "airheaded" girls.

Thoughts, anyone?

Does it go along with the theory tossed about on here at times about how guys want the bombshells with no personality for a fling but when it comes right down to it, and they're ready to settle down into a real relationship, they want someone with brains and maturity?

It's too bad I'll be too cynical by the time any of them decide to come around...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 08:33 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,032,919 times
I think some guys (people in general) like having the upper hand in a relationship. It's fairly easy to have that upper hand over someone who possesses clouds for brains. Plus, many airhead people are somewhat easy to please. Airhead people change though... sometimes.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:39 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,382,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernerdgirl View Post
he told me today i should write a manual about "why do all these airheaded girls try to act as mature as you* when they're really not?"

*meaning me

when he can tell me why guys tend to fall for the airheaded gig, and why I'm sooooooooo awesome but not awesome enough to date, then maybe I will have an answer for him.

I can't count how many times have I been shoved aside by someone that I have actually shared actual interests with for one of those "airheaded" girls.

Thoughts, anyone?

Does it go along with the theory tossed about on here at times about how guys want the bombshells with no personality for a fling but when it comes right down to it, and they're ready to settle down into a real relationship, they want someone with brains and maturity?

It's too bad I'll be too cynical by the time any of them decide to come around...
Hi supernerdgirl,

My father had brains and maturity. One thing a man can do is "cheat" on a women to get his brains and maturity fix with say his college professor. So to make the whole package work, you need to ramp up the being a girl part.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:40 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,382,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I think some guys (people in general) like having the upper hand in a relationship. It's fairly easy to have that upper hand over someone who possesses clouds for brains. Plus, many airhead people are somewhat easy to please. Airhead people change though... sometimes.
Hi mango tango,

Men don't care about the upper hand unless its the upper hand with a hot woman.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi supernerdgirl,

My father had brains and maturity. One thing a man can do is "cheat" on a women to get his brains and maturity fix with say his college professor. So to make the whole package work, you need to ramp up the being a girl part.
I don't know how much more I can act like a girl.
Should I wear dresses all the time?
Should I stop having "guy-like" interests? (I like punk rock and I am a transit nerd)
Should I cut out my ambition and start talking about how much I would like to have a husband, kids and be able to go shopping on hubby's dime every week?

I mean, I'm just wondering since I've been doing something wrong my whole life. I have guys who seem to genuinely be interested in hanging out with me but that's as far as it goes.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:45 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,032,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi mango tango,

Men don't care about the upper hand unless its the upper hand with a hot woman.
Men generally like to feel stronger than the woman though, no?

Old 12-14-2009, 08:45 PM

52,306 posts, read 52,756,330 times
Quote:
I don't know how much more I can act like a girl.
Should I wear dresses all the time?
Should I stop having "guy-like" interests? (I like punk rock and I am a transit nerd)
Should I cut out my ambition and start talking about how much I would like to have a husband, kids and be able to go shopping on hubby's dime every week?

I mean, I'm just wondering since I've been doing something wrong my whole life. I have guys who seem to genuinely be interested in hanging out with me but that's as far as it goes.
What the heck is a "Transit Nerd"

Old 12-14-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
What the heck is a "Transit Nerd"
I'm going to school for urban planning and am interested in transit. Clear?

Old 12-14-2009, 08:47 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,584,989 times
I've been there. How old are you? When I was in college, I had a ton of guy friends. It was cool to have so many guy friends (and believe me we were all nerds-still are) but they didn't even see me as a girl. I remember one time, one of my friends was talking about how he is awkward around girls. I said, you aren't awkward around me and he said, you don't count as a girl. It hurt me so much and it didn't even occur to him that it would hurt me. Things did turn around though. It just took some time. Actually my guy friends all then starting trying to date me or sleep with me, which ruined our friendships sometimes. Be who you are-don't change for them or anyone. They will come around

Old 12-14-2009, 08:48 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,203,176 times
Quote:

*meaning me

Could be he was just giving you a nice compliment and don't read more into it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships