Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 11:27 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times

Advertisements

eharmony, the used car lot on the internet highway.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:27 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Now why did you have to call the slim girl a name? Chill out.

Also, slim does not = miserable.
I'm chill, Ron. Don't overreact.

I was referring to that situation in particular. Notice I said "he." As he was dating a slim girl who was a big ***** and made his life miserable. he dated her because she was physically attractive - yet she had the personality of a bridezilla.

Don't jump to conclusions so much. You'll get tired.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:28 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,650,869 times
Quote:
Do you think that the main reason a lot of women are single is because of the weight issue?
Yes, to a certain degree, I do think so. However, not the sole reason. Their playing field is smaller. To begin with, the selection out there is challenging enough for anyone at any weight - and to add into the mix an overweight/obese issue narrows it down even more for them, unfortunately.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:29 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,183,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I'm chill, Ron. Don't overreact.

I was referring to that situation in particular. Notice I said "he." As he was dating a slim girl who was a big ***** and made his life miserable. he dated her because she was physically attractive - yet she had the personality of a bridezilla.

Don't jump to conclusions so much. You'll get tired.
It still does not warrant name calling.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:35 AM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Quote:
It still does not warrant name calling.
Good grief. Get over it, Ron. You judge women on how heavy they are, if they ask you about your job, if they don't want to pay for their own meal, blah blah blah. I sincerely hope you know you have no room to tell people what is right and wrong.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:36 AM

50,274 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Yeah, I don't get this. I had a guy friend a while back who had a crush on one of our female friends. I asked him why he didn't ask her out and he said "well, she'd be hot if she lost 30lbs." What a dumb mentality some men have. He would rather have a slim ***** who will make his life miserable, than a sweet girl who needed to lose 30lbs.
Most men are visual and 30 lbs over ain't visual.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:48 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,183,415 times
Quote:
Good grief. Get over it, Ron. You judge women on how heavy they are, if they ask you about your job, if they don't want to pay for their own meal, blah blah blah. I sincerely hope you know you have no room to tell people what is right and wrong.
I understand where you're coming from/ I just wanted to have at least one thread that does not go dowhill that's all. It's no problem at all.

Thanks for your replies....

Ron.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:51 AM

9 posts, read 12,747 times
I have been thinking about going on one of those dating sites, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I want to meet someone naturally. Like at a friend's house, or sitting on a bench at the mall. Plus, I want a guy to find me; I don't want to find a guy. The thing is what are the chances of that. So, I just keep on wishing. sigh... I'm 5'2" and am 106 lbs. and consider myself 5lbs overweight. Yes, life is cruel for women. There are decent-lonely people; you just have to find them somehow.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:53 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,100,875 times
Quote:
Yeah, I don't get this. I had a guy friend a while back who had a crush on one of our female friends. I asked him why he didn't ask her out and he said "well, she'd be hot if she lost 30lbs." What a dumb mentality some men have. He would rather have a slim ***** who will make his life miserable, than a sweet girl who needed to lose 30lbs.
Ive been rejected before because im not 2 more inches off the ground

Lifes a ***** sometimes for both sexes tryign to attract the opposite sex and coming across shallow people, deal with it

Old 12-21-2009, 11:56 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,503 times
Quote:
Now why did you have to call the slim girl a name? Chill out.

Also, slim does not = miserable.
Generally speaking, I think quite a fair few women always think slim girls = boring & miserable. Why does it have to be one or the other. The best woman I've ever met personality and character wise was this black chick who was a model. Very slim sexy body, and a character to match it.

On another note, you can't blame men for not wanting someone who is 30lbs overweight. 30 will turn to 50 and so on and so forth. After childbirth it gets even worse. A lot of men are actually thinking that far ahead. If she's actually doing something about it now, then many men wouldn't mind her at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships