Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 05:23 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,680,556 times

Advertisements

i think this touches on some of the real questions.

does he like the equipment (penis). does he like the image of femininity. does he like the femininity, plus the equipment?

ultimately i think the OP's friend is figuring out what he likes. its hard to do when you have social contraints that shame you all the way back into the victorian age.

the person in questions should just continue to experiment and not worry about labels, but at the same time realize that labels such as gay, trans, etc do come with significant meaning and significant personal meaning. what they mean exactly to him is for him to findout.

best you can do is be an understanding friend.

its good that you are understanding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridadreamer View Post
Has he turned down sex with men simply because he doesn't find their "type" attractive? (maybe he would prefer feminine men) Or is he simply not interested in their equipment? I agree as well he seems way more worried about what he will be labeled. Is sleeping with a transexual the same as sleeping with a man? I don't think it would be considered the same. There are actually male transexuals that sleep with women, would they be considered gay or straight? This conversation could go on forever, and I honestly don't think you'd have an answer to the question, "Is my friend gay?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 09:15 PM

3,277 posts, read 3,533,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
hes never had it[penis in his butt] and has rejected sex with dudes.

so your assessment isnt over the top, its just stupid... not be crude or anything.

Does the fact that you can't read bother you? I made my statement before he had cleared that part up. The statement I was alluding to is as follows:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post

He met a transsexual at a club once and had intercourse with her and enjoyed it. He has had sex with women as well but not men
Now, when you learn to read and have the ability to translate that information into a relevant statement, come back and talk.

By the way, having sex with a transsexual with a penis IS having sex with a dude. Sorry if that complicates your ability to label your lifestyle.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:58 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,676,151 times
Tell him to send a letter to Dan Savage. I'm sure he'd do a better job analyzing this than us.

But either which way, doesn't sound like he's gay. He'll explore, and in doing so discover what only he can know. Be supportive, because he'll need that.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:16 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,035,862 times
Ever heard of the Kinsey Scale?

Kinsey scale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I believe in this wholeheartedly. I don't consider myself bisexual or bicurious in the least bit, but I have on one occasion met a girl who made me go "hmm." I suppose I fall in the 98.6%/1.4% category lol.

Your friend is probably just figuring stuff out. Be a good friend. Don't be judgmental unless he's hurting himself or others (or into animals).

Old 01-04-2010, 10:18 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,475,914 times
I don't see how any of us could judge, seems like he is very confused with his sexuality, and nothing wrong with that. I tend to think he is not Gay, but not quite sure on that. He needs to explore his feelings, to see where his true sexuality lies. My friends who are Gay are exactly that, no women no how no where, any time no. They want men only. Friends of mine who are lesbians, yes i have all kinds of friends, are a little different, some not all of them who are, can go both ways, where most of my gay friends, are just that. To eaches own. Me i love men and my hubby.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:19 PM

If a person who is sexually attracted to men they ARE bi or gay.

Last edited by Jays1983; 01-04-2010 at 10:52 PM.. Reason: there, i fixed it

Old 01-04-2010, 10:49 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,035,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
If a person who is sexually attracted to men they ARE bi, gay or both.
You can't be both bi and gay (since bi means both and gay means one).

Old 01-04-2010, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
You can't be both bi and gay (since bi means both and gay means one).
Grrr, I hate you right now. But yes, I didn't even think of that until you pointed it out.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:31 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,659,378 times
He (and you) won't know what choir he sings in until he explores all possibilities and hopefully when he does do some exploring, he's safe.
I have a couple of gay male friends and yes, it's a difficult thing to do coming out especially when you have friends that you are worried about disappointing in some way so in order to overcompensate, you find yourself doing all sorts of things that make no sense....
Better to encourage him to explore every avenue and whatever he chooses, as his friend you owe him that much by encouraging and supporting - even if you don't agree.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:27 AM

622 posts, read 1,281,473 times
Kiss him. If he kisses you back he's probably gay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships