Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 04:19 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times

Advertisements

Never let morons dictate what or who are. Ever. There is NOTHING wrong with being a virgin as long as it is what YOU want. Be true to yourself and if others deride you for it then it is their problem not yours. Not that you need to discuss your sex life anyway , it is after all your own business.

People are judgemental by nature. We live in a society which derides anyone who dares to be different than the so called accepted social "norm" . Just enjoy college, have fun your own way and when the time is right for YOU then it will be the right time. Having sex simply because of societal pressure is not a good idea .

Personally I think you should be proud of yourself to be strong enough to have resisted pressure to do something you might not have been quite ready to do. Nothing wrong in that at all, in fact you should be commended.

Ask yourself whether you would ever want to be friends with cretins who judge you on your sexual experience ? Does the views of those shallow, vapid idiots really count. I would say their views are not only irrelevant but utterly uninteresting.

Sex is wonderful, it'f fun , it's pleasurable and it can bring a great intimacy and a sense of belonging. Do not ruin it by being pushed into it .

I think you'll find the right person for you is not going to be one who will jump into bed with the first guy either...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 04:55 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,882,017 times
As the gr8 Rocky Balboa stated ..u hang out with nice people u get nice friends ..u hang out with smart people u get smart friends ..u hang out with yo-yo people u get yo-yo friends ..thats simple mathematics ..as for being a virgin nobody wants to be a virgin all their life ..if u remain to be so for some preference per se ..u'll be a sinner for god wouldnt want u to go against the law of nature for some silly reason whatever it may be .. well im u're in college ..im 27 and still a virgin lol .. but the thing is that sex is more than just getting physically high ..its an intimate relationship valued for life ..and to share such a relationship with someone u love is truly pleasurable and mind u its a gr8 feeling .. so brother dont lose it to someone who doesnt understand its worth ..rather stay a virgin till u get the pie well baked ..lol .. just be optimistic ..enjoy life and reserve it for one fine day ..trust me u wont regret if u use the right tool at the right time ..cheerios !

Old 01-06-2010, 04:59 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm24x7 View Post
As the gr8 Rocky Balboa stated ..u hang out with nice people u get nice friends ..u hang out with smart people u get smart friends ..u hang out with yo-yo people u get yo-yo friends ..thats simple mathematics ..as for being a virgin nobody wants to be a virgin all their life ..if u remain to be so for some preference per se ..u'll be a sinner for god wouldnt want u to go against the law of nature for some silly reason whatever it may be .. well im u're in college ..im 27 and still a virgin lol .. but the thing is that sex is more than just getting physically high ..its an intimate relationship valued for life ..and to share such a relationship with someone u love is truly pleasurable and mind u its a gr8 feeling .. so brother dont lose it to someone who doesnt understand its worth ..rather stay a virgin till u get the pie well baked ..lol .. just be optimistic ..enjoy life and reserve it for one fine day ..trust me u wont regret if u use the right tool at the right time ..cheerios !
Isn't that very common in the middle east and Asia?

Sex is very hyped up in the West. It's almost one of the key things people do in their lives.

Jumpman comes off a very different and sexually active culture. Hyper-active, even. The problem, hence.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:59 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,353,327 times
If they try to pressure you , grab either a pistol , shotgun , or gas with a lighter.I had this issue with former friends when I was a teen up to 24. They were just screwing like rabbits. Now all are burdened with strings of babies and get jealous of me having held out until 25 with my ex. Trust me , it's not all it's cracked up to be. A waste of time IMO. Besides , there are too many of us on Earth as it is , IMO!! Keywords being IMO!!

Old 01-06-2010, 05:27 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
That sounds like a contradiction in terms.

I don't see where it can be considered "sinful" to keep yourself pure.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:12 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,310,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman023 View Post
So basically, I'm a male in college, and was pretty open about being a virgin. I honestly never thought it was such a big deal, but now I regret it because it seems like people automatically judge me because of it. Even girls, whenever I talk to them, talk to me as though its the worst thing ever. I'm just trying to understand what is so wrong about it? I've never been into the whole one-night stand thing because, for me, it feels awkward (and in a way, its risky) to sleep with someone you hardly know. I'm not one of those I'll only have sex after I'm married people, but I'd need to at least be in a relationship with the person before I do that, so I don't get what's wrong with that? I don't judge people who are into hooking up, so why do they judge me?
Because in these troubled times in which we are living, bad is called good, and good is called bad.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:18 AM

1,419 posts, read 2,455,630 times
Society has gone to hell thats why people look down upon virgins. I actually admire people who are virgins in this day and age. Sex is EVERYWHERE.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:25 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,074,604 times
The only sin is on the people who try to make you feel bad because you are not ready for sex yet.

Maybe they regret being with everyone and anyone, the VD they caught, the babies they had before they were ready, the fact they did it drunk and didn't remember her or his name the next day...

These are 'some things' you are missing not having sex right now.

I agree, sex is important but when you are ready. It's not for when others tell you to do it.

It's also private and a gentleman (or gentle lady) keeps such 'details' as true love encounters to himself or herself. Those who 'brag the most' do it least (or do it badly!!)

Old 01-06-2010, 07:30 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,854,130 times
If I (was a whole lot younger and) had started dating you, I would really like that you hadn't been out having indescriminate sex with every female you'd ever met. It would tell me that you had been wanting to share that first time with someone special and if it was to be me it would really make me feel special. You have a lifetime ahead of you to do this so waiting a little now should not in any way be a bad thing. The lucky lady that you chose will really appreciate that you waited and you can "hone your skills" with her.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:56 PM

930 posts, read 2,423,693 times
Being a virgin ain't so bad. Hell, a lot of people have no choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships