Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2010, 01:26 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
This is your opinion.
No, it's not. If you'd done your homework you'd have found what I stated is well known fact and is supported by a mountain of research. Did you even look the word up? Sheesh!

Quote:
Most women are driven to marry for love. Yes, women are still motivated by a pure emotion. It is too bad that many men are too blinded by their lack of confidence and drive to see this. Many women that are college educated and in a white collar job are married to men in blue collar jobs. How is this marrying up? It is also not about money; it is about feelings. It is sad that so many men on CD are negative and whiny. It might explain why you are not in a LTR.
Some may, not many, not most. Some. As in exceptions to the rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi smel,

Women typically fall in love with men who dominate their sphere in some way. The larger the sphere, the more women become available. Your statement in bold is nothing more than lip service. Also, as I explained, a womans economic status has absolutely nothing to do with her sexual status. See "incompatible value system". Thus a horse faced woman with a PHD and muffin top may very well pair up with a heat and air conditioning service man. Yet this is still unusual since it takes more than an education to accomplish that kind of honest self assessment. Likewise a few of those blue collar men also realize that money is just a side effect of dynamic men who are charming to women.
Well said.

Quote:
You, contrary to your own opinion, do not know as much about women as you think you do. Obviously, you have not met all of us, and there are beautiful women married to men not as successful as they are. These women married for love. Some men have never experienced the love of a woman, so they can't comprehend it.
Riiight, because you're the world traveler and expert on what women desire. Most women don't know what makes them attracted, that's why they're usually the last person a guy should take advice from for getting women. What women *think* they want and what they *actually respond to* are often compeltely different things, and in many instances directly in contradiction with one another.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:40 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,416 times
I am speaking as a woman, but hey I don't really think that is who most of the posters on here are talking to anyway. You just want to complain to each other about women. And yes Nutz, I have traveled extensively and surely know more about what women want than you do, unless you are secretly a woman too. I hope that all of you will be happy with each other because you don't want to do anything to make your chances of finding a woman better. You would just rather wallow in your misery. Have fun.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:47 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubik's Cube View Post
Unfortunately, gender confusion is well and strong in western society.

On that note, it seems that the misguided idea certain foolish women have of achieving career success in order to attract a man is cut from the same cloth as the belief some poor men hold that they're a manicure and a facial away from attracting women. To be fair though, the manicure approach seems to work better on average for men than the career success approach seems to work for women.

Ladies of the forum, consider the following: men generally care less about your money and your career accomplishments than you care about their looks and the softness of their skin. Given how little many of you claim to care about such superficial traits, take a moment to ponder the implications of this reality, and re-evalute your priorities.
Hi Rubik's Cube,

I would like to clarify my position that I think women should do what makes them happy. Go ahead and have a career. I am simply doing a public service for these beauties to inform them that it is a poor selling point in the love market.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:50 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Quote:

BTW, I look in the mirror every morning.
...and you hate it. I'd hate if I had to look at you.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:51 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Comments are in blue.
Those are the dumbest comments I've ever seen. Here, have a blue ribbon. PUnk

Old 07-02-2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Those are the dumbest comments I've ever seen. Here, have a blue ribbon. PUnk
JSizzle225,

That is two worthless insults in a row. I am thinking tight fitting pink latex shorts for you until you provide some content. At least we could check for the bulge to verify you are not a steer.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
I can't speak on the whole post, but he is absolutely correct about this:
Hi OngletNYC,

Ah, finally a precision rail to guide us.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:10 PM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Hi Rubik's Cube,

I would like to clarify my position that I think women should do what makes them happy. Go ahead and have a career. I am simply doing a public service for these beauties to inform them that it is a poor selling point in the love market.
Completely agree on this. But women with good incomes are not rejecting men with same or lesser incomes, if those men have other qualities they want. The women are not all ugly, as feminism has afforded opportunities to essentially all women, so the selection is wide. This freedom allows women to be with a wider range of men too, including men who would not be able to provide on their income alone, but who are desirable in other areas.

That is the issue that has some men so riled up. They not only lack in monetary success but other areas which they fail to acknowledge. There is no moving forward from that state of denial.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:21 PM

26 posts, read 36,195 times
Quote:
Hi Rubik's Cube,

Absolutely agree. However, it's long been my contention that only a woman who's jaw is more square than the Marlboro Man's could truly derive happiness from a "career". Many women don't seem to understand what makes them happy until it's too late.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:55 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubik's Cube View Post
Unfortunately, gender confusion is well and strong in western society.

On that note, it seems that the misguided idea certain foolish women have of achieving career success in order to attract a man is cut from the same cloth as the belief some poor men hold that they're a manicure and a facial away from attracting women. To be fair though, the manicure approach seems to work better on average for men than the career success approach seems to work for women.

Ladies of the forum, consider the following: men generally care less about your money and your career accomplishments than you care about their looks and the softness of their skin. Given how little many of you claim to care about such superficial traits, take a moment to ponder the implications of this reality, and re-evalute your priorities.
We don't work to impress men. We work so that we can contribute to household, have lives outside of housework and childcare, and be able to rely on ourselves for our own futures. Given the near-constant harangue about alimony and spending money on women, I don't see what the problem with our working is. The uneducated wife with no job skills at home baking you pies is the one who is going to get "your" house and "your" money if you divorce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships