Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 08:02 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
You will never believe this. But one day, you'll look back on all this and roll your eyes and laugh. NO. I am not joking.

What seems like an earth-shattering event will change with time and a shift in your perspective. Look ahead five or six years when you have found a good man who treats you like a queen, supports you well financially and makes you happy. This will all seem like a bad dream that you are glad to be out of.

Hang in there. THE BEST PART OF YOUR LIFE IS YET TO COME. I know, I have been there.

20yrsinBranson
I seriously wish it was that easy...if u only knew half the story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 08:06 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I seriously wish it was that easy...if u only knew half the story.
I'm sure it is complicated. Bipolar folks tend to have a way of wanting to self-distruct sometimes. They also tend to hurt the people who love them the most on a regular basis - unless they are well medicated and very conscientious about their lifestyle.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:19 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Quote:
I still can't believe my husband has decided to end our marriage before we even tried.

He waited months to say that to me. He doesn't work, I support us...and now this?

I love him so dearly and I've done so much to help him.

What a slap in the face.

I don't see a point in living anymore. I've hit rock bottom.
That truly sucks. I'm sorry it happened. It sounds as such a cliche, but it really is his lost.
You need a friend right now, someone to talk to, someone who perhaps has been there.
It's natural not wanting to live anymore, but you need to be strong for all the people around you who still love you.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:47 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,558,790 times
Quote:
I still can't believe my husband has decided to end our marriage before we even tried.

He waited months to say that to me. He doesn't work, I support us...and now this?

I love him so dearly and I've done so much to help him.

What a slap in the face.

I don't see a point in living anymore. I've hit rock bottom.
I'm so sorry....really I am. But listen, I truly believe this: "There is NO man worth crying about...and the one who is would never make you cry."

You deserve better...there is always hope as long as there is breath...
I hope you will allow yourself to cry and grieve for a short time, and then yank yourself up and get on with the business of living...the point of living is that life is SWEET, and you need to reclaim your power and never let anyone again take it from you...certainly not a man who doesn't appreciate you anyway. Don't lose hope...please.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:02 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,686,640 times
I know this might sound trite, but someone who calls themselves KickAssArmyChick, has it in her to get through something like this.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:14 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,416 times
You are the strong one in the relationship, and you can be strong alone. You said you have been the one supporting both of you, and you can continue to support yourself. There is never anything bad enough to make you think of ending it all. You need to find someone to talk to. Good luck and know that you can make it. I agree with the previous poster. Your screen name says it all. Kick ass and move on. We are all with you.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:15 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I know this might sound trite, but someone who calls themselves KickAssArmyChick, has it in her to get through something like this.
Chow is right! My ex did this to me without telling me why he wanted a divorce--one day we are planning celebration for year number 4, next day he says, "I don't want to be married to you any more." I was devestated!

My routine became, get up, go to work, cry alone in the car, handle the job, go home, lock myself in the guest room, cry myself to sleep, repeat. I did that every day (weekends crying only) lost 30 pounds, then started kicking ass! No alimony for him! (Yes, he asked for it!) No house for him! (Yes, he wanted it!)

Two years later he had the gall to email me and tell me how good I looked and that it was great that I was living my dreams...which I would have never done had he hung around.

Start kicking some ass!! It IS that simple!

Old 01-22-2010, 09:19 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
My routine became, get up, go to work, cry alone in the car, handle the job, go home, lock myself in the guest room, cry myself to sleep, repeat. I did that every day (weekends crying only) lost 30 pounds, then started kicking ass! No alimony for him! (Yes, he asked for it!) No house for him! (Yes, he wanted it!)

Start kicking some ass!! It IS that simple!
What a friggin douche to ask for alimony, some people.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:27 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,752 times
I left out that his daddy was effin millionaire, paid cash for a jaguar. Daddy forgot to teach them how to work for a living and be independent. I think my ex current resides up in his daddy's you know what.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:53 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,101 times
I remember one of your earlier posts about your marriage and you do NOT want to be stuck in that kind of situation.

You need someone to love you in every way, emotionally, spiritually, AND PHYSICALLY!

Your husband was not giving you what you should have in a marriage.

Most of us on this forum have been through some heart-wrenching breakups (myself included) and can relate to you so well. I wanted to die when my ex-fiance left me. I thought the world was coming to an end. It took a lot of time, and a lot of leaning on my friends, but I made it through. There will be lots of ups and downs, but eventually you'll be a stronger person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships