Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 10:39 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiama View Post
exactly! it is such an effort to train this guy...maybe I should just not date him

Nah. Thats what makes it fun is the "training part."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 10:40 AM

51 posts, read 89,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
What a trip. I'm suprised he's dated you this long. One does have a pretty high opinion of oneself doesn't one?!

that's called self-esteem.. that's the way I want to be treated, what's wrong with it>? I am not asking guys to change, I just date guys who meet my standards

Old 01-24-2010, 10:41 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,192 times
Wow, at first I was tempted to say something like While it is a natural progression, it does sound like this is the move toward something more physically intimate, and if you're not comfortable with that yet (although "taking advantage" sounds like you're putting on the damsel in distress act) then suggest a different activity OR take the opportunity to discuss the dating you're doing and that while you want to enjoy, you're not ready for that step yet.

But then I saw this:

Quote:
he hasn't taken me to a nice restaurant for dinner yet!!!

And my first thought was that this guy needs to drop you like a scalding hot rock before he gets even potentially locked into a one-sided relationship loaded with expectations and outright fantasy on your end.

NOT because you want to be appreciated or cherished or would like for things to progress differently, in a more romantic fashion; but rather, because of the distinct use of the word yet in that sentence.

Walk East 'til your hat floats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Nah. Thats what makes it fun is the "training part."
lol...ya. wish some other women have trained him for me

7,372 posts, read 16,014,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamisland View Post
go out to a movie!
don't end up being pawed at on his sofa at while watching bambi meets rambone!
Hey! That got good reviews!

2,382 posts, read 4,591,404 times
Quote:
that's called self-esteem.. that's the way I want to be treated, what's wrong with it>? I am not asking guys to change, I just date guys who meet my standards
Nothing wrong with having them meet your standards but you just said above that you want to 'train' them....so essentially you are wanting them to change for you.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:42 AM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Real piece of work here.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Wow, at first I was tempted to say something like While it is a natural progression, it does sound like this is the move toward something more physically intimate, and if you're not comfortable with that yet (although "taking advantage" sounds like you're putting on the damsel in distress act) then suggest a different activity OR take the opportunity to discuss the dating you're doing and that while you want to enjoy, you're not ready for that step yet.

But then I saw this:

And my first thought was that this guy needs to drop you like a scalding hot rock before he gets even potentially locked into a one-sided relationship loaded with expectations and outright fantasy on your end.

NOT because you want to be appreciated or cherished or would like for things to progress differently, in a more romantic fashion; but rather, because of the distinct use of the word yet in that sentence.

Walk East 'til your hat floats.
ok, is that too much to expect a decent dinner after 4 dates???

dinner and movie is the classic dating scene

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
Nothing wrong with having them meet your standards but you just said above that you want to 'train' them....so essentially you are wanting them to change for you.
Yep. Good point.

I was kidding about the "training part."

3,261 posts, read 5,304,636 times
Quote:
he hasn't taken me to a nice restaurant for dinner yet!!!
Where is written that he needs to? Why don't you offer to take him to a nice restaurant or suggest going out for a movie?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships