Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 05:25 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,702,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
And that is EXACTLY why you desired him. He didn't put you on a pedestal and lived for himself first and foremost.

Ladies, this is exactly what happens when you follow your emotions/desires without listening to what's between your ears. I bet the OP's husband has a chinstrap "beard", looks thugged up, and all that jazz. Basically the alpha/player who took her for a ride.

So typical in this day and age.
Great post, rep to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 06:11 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
And that is EXACTLY why you desired him. He didn't put you on a pedestal and lived for himself first and foremost.

Ladies, this is exactly what happens when you follow your emotions/desires without listening to what's between your ears. I bet the OP's husband has a chinstrap "beard", looks thugged up, and all that jazz. Basically the alpha/player who took her for a ride.

So typical in this day and age.
No facial hair. And he's actually 31 so I am not sure what you were trying to say when you brought up the age factor.

Yep, I am 25 and I honestly believed he was it for me. We were good together in the beginning but things went sour after he got out of the Marine Corps. He decided to take all his frustrations on me.

I wish I had done the same when I got out of the Army. I wish I'd been as ****ty to him.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:35 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,051 times
You are so much better off with that loser. The day will come when you will send this guy a Thank You card.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:40 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
You are so much better off with that loser. The day will come when you will send this guy a Thank You card.
I hope you meant WITHOUT...lol

Old 01-31-2010, 08:28 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Just know that you are not the only one. Some of us married the same exact guy, different face, different name, and felt just as bad when reality came crashing down. Now you'll be aware of the warning signs if Mr. Similar comes around. The good thing is that now your life will be different. He, however, will most likely remain exactly the same.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:03 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,832,856 times
Your right. He didn't deserve you. And some day karma is going to pay you back bigtime for the waste of time you blew with this guy.

Old 01-31-2010, 10:05 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I hope you meant WITHOUT...lol
LOL! Sorry - Definitely WITHOUT!

Old 02-01-2010, 04:07 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
I'm sorry this is the final outcome but happy for you at the same time. Drop that loser and find someone who will appreciate you!!!

Old 02-02-2010, 12:57 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,353,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Well, we went to our counseling and he told the therapist he was NEVER in love with me and he was sweet to me when he needed someone to talk to.

We got home and he called me a stupid b**** which didn't hurt me as much as it made me angry because I've been the breadwinner for 7 months now. He has no job.

Needless to say I feel used. If he wasn't in love with me, why did he marry me? I never put pressure on him. If he felt like we weren't right for each other why did he lead me on?

I told him to go live with his mom because I don't want him living with me. It seems to me he just wants a free ride.

So now we're getting divorced. We have no children, just some furniture we paid for together and a dog.

I don't even know where to start... I don't think I can afford a lawyer.
If I were you , I'd live up to my name and kick his ass like only an army chick could!! Maybe after two or three Upward Bicycle Kicks he'd get his affairs in order. Then finish him with a kiss of death. Shame on him for wasting your love!!

Old 02-02-2010, 05:42 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,179,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Are you going to have a divorce party?
I'll come if its online!

I was packing up my stuff a few years ago and I came across a pile of old drivers licenses.

In some states I lived in, they just cut the corner but handed back the old one to you. I think now they are digital until you get your new one.

Anyway...I found my drivers license from my first marriage. The picture on it looked like an 85 year old woman with dark circles under my eyes, ragged hair, and puffy cheeks.

I found my drivers license taken moments after leaving the court room winning my divorce and getting my maiden name back.

I had the biggest smile on my face, my color was bright, my cheeks were rosy, my hair was glossy, and I remember begging the license photographer to let me sneak in a thumbs up in the picture.

Putting those two pictures side by side.......trust me when I say, liberation and independence is totally a cause for PARTY!

Congratulations on your new journey ahead!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships