Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 09:54 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,397,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
if you say so, I guess. 'nice and down to earth' gets passed over time and again, never did me any good whatsoever. So I don't think it works, but okay.
how old are you? And are you talking about in a bar scenario? most of my friends that are in relationships are with girls that have girl next door looks. Not incredibly attractive but cute girls that are nice and arent high maintenance and down to earth. These guys also didnt meet them at a bar. If you go to a bar/club ur only gonna be judged on looks because no one can judge u on anything else without knowing u. It makes sense
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 09:58 AM

810 posts, read 1,808,222 times
I've rejected attractive girls that have approached me, mostly because they came across, once they tried to have a conversation with me, as shallow and having the cognitive ability of a sack of potatoes. I'm more attracted to tomboys than girly girls anyway.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:55 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,303 times
Quote:
if you say so, I guess. 'nice and down to earth' gets passed over time and again, never did me any good whatsoever. So I don't think it works, but okay.
Nice and down-to-earth girls are great if they do not have chips on their shoulders.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:09 AM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Nice and down-to-earth girls are great if they do not have chips on their shoulders.

This is true. Anything else you're implying would probably make more sense if you actually knew me -- but you don't.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
how old are you? And are you talking about in a bar scenario? most of my friends that are in relationships are with girls that have girl next door looks. Not incredibly attractive but cute girls that are nice and arent high maintenance and down to earth. These guys also didnt meet them at a bar. If you go to a bar/club ur only gonna be judged on looks because no one can judge u on anything else without knowing u. It makes sense
I am 32. I wasn't referring to the bar scene but I tried that too. I can tell you I'm not the same woman I used to be for different reasons (didn't know that did you, rabbitluvr? ). Anyways, my personal experience and those of my friends who were more like me (not the outgoing ones) was it didn't matter what the setting was or how 'nice' you presented yourself to men. At the end of the day, it always came down to the same things a. who was the most attractive physically and b. who commanded the spotlight/attention the most. If you couldn't get those 2 things down within the group of women, you got passed over. I watched it happen a million times.

Where did your friends meet these girls? What types of locations? Now, I'm not saying it never works (and if I did say that I take it back, LOL). It probably has worked for some women, sometimes. I'm saying it keeps being perpetuated as a surefire method for women. If you're: 'nice enough,' 'down to earth enough,' men will notice you and approach you and want you. No they won't. Sorry.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
I am 32. I wasn't referring to the bar scene but I tried that too. I can tell you I'm not the same woman I used to be for different reasons (didn't know that did you, rabbitluvr? ). Anyways, my personal experience and those of my friends who were more like me (not the outgoing ones) was it didn't matter what the setting was or how 'nice' you presented yourself to men. At the end of the day, it always came down to the same things a. who was the most attractive physically and b. who commanded the spotlight/attention the most. If you couldn't get those 2 things down within the group of women, you got passed over. I watched it happen a million times.

Where did your friends meet these girls? What types of locations? Now, I'm not saying it never works (and if I did say that I take it back, LOL). It probably has worked for some women, sometimes. I'm saying it keeps being perpetuated as a surefire method for women. If you're: 'nice enough,' 'down to earth enough,' men will notice you and approach you and want you. No they won't. Sorry.
working at a camp, through friends pretty much. You also have to be aggressive too. You cant just wait for guys to come up to you. Im not sure if u are or arent, im just saying u cant just sit around and hope guys talk to you.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
working at a camp, through friends pretty much. You also have to be aggressive too. You cant just wait for guys to come up to you. Im not sure if u are or arent, im just saying u cant just sit around and hope guys talk to you.

How old are you? Also define 'aggressive?' well now I don't bother to do anything....Back then I tried both: sitting and waiting and also engaging actively in conversations, but like I said it didn't matter. There's a lot of nice women who are single because they're not attractive enough and/or naturally aggressive compared to other women who suck up the attention in the room. As far as I seen it, men are very drawn to these types. My main point was: they don't care about how nice you are. I'll go as far as to say, they rarely ever notice 'nice' is even in the room.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
How old are you? Also define 'aggressive?' well now I don't bother to do anything....Back then I tried both: sitting and waiting and also engaging actively in conversations, but like I said it didn't matter. There's a lot of nice women who are single because they're not attractive enough and/or naturally aggressive compared to other women who suck up the attention in the room. As far as I seen it, men are very drawn to these types. My main point was: they don't care about how nice you are. I'll go as far as to say, they rarely ever notice 'nice' is even in the room.
26, and by aggressive i mean asking guys out, telling them you enjoyed hanging out or chatting and asking if they want to meet up?

Old 05-07-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
This is true. Anything else you're implying would probably make more sense if you actually knew me -- but you don't.
I know plenty from reading your posts.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
If you're: 'nice enough,' 'down to earth enough,' men will notice you and approach you and want you. No they won't. Sorry.
Yes it will. If a mature, grownup, ADULT man wants a REAL relationship those women indeed ARE sought out. I sure as hell do not want some floozy who flaunts herself off at Hooters or the local watering hole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships