Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 07:31 PM

109 posts, read 202,650 times

Advertisements

file:///C:/Users/WILDKI%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 07:32 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,404,473 times
LOL.

But I flogged more when I was married. It was like having access to steaks but not having the desire to cook them up. So you just dined on hamburger all the time.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:34 PM

...lol, in light of my recent interest in a married man...

On a more serious note, here's an interesting list:

1.Check his ring finger. It may seem obvious, but this is the first thing you should do to determine if a man is single. Look for a ring or the tan line from a ring. That's a dead giveaway if he removed his wedding band.

2.Assess the situation. If he appears to be out with some buddies on the prowl for ladies, it's likely that he's single. If he's hanging back and seems more reserved, he may be in a relationship.

3.Trust your intuition and your gut. If the man is married you'll pick up on hints, at least subconsciously.

4.Watch what he's watching. Single men are usually more likely to look around the room for women. There's a sense of availability and openness about them. Unavailable men may be more reserved.

5.Separate the single men from the men who are looking to cheat on their wives or girlfriends. This isn't the easiest task.

6.Find out more about the guy. Figure out who he hangs out with. If he's flirting just with you, it's likely he's single and interested. But, if he's flirting with a ton of women he may be a guy out to cheat on his woman.

7.Ask a friend if the man is single. It's not the most clandestine way of figuring it out, but it saves you a lot of time wondering.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:39 PM

52,214 posts, read 52,642,422 times
I'd say look at his shirts.

If he looks like he has eaten Chef Boyardee recently.

He's single.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:44 PM

JSizzle, for me that's what makes the idea of getting re-married a little scary for me. You know that saying, something like, for every beautiful woman there's a man who is tired of f***ing her...

Chowhound...you know I always notice that the REALLY nicely put together guys (color coordinated, flattering cut, etc.) have wives or girlfriends who are *responsible* for the nicely put together look, haha...

(or they're gay..)

Old 02-04-2010, 07:48 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishka View Post

1.Check his ring finger. It may seem obvious, but this is the first thing you should do to determine if a man is single. Look for a ring or the tan line from a ring. That's a dead giveaway if he removed his wedding band.

2.Assess the situation. If he appears to be out with some buddies on the prowl for ladies, it's likely that he's single. If he's hanging back and seems more reserved, he may be in a relationship.

3.Trust your intuition and your gut. If the man is married you'll pick up on hints, at least subconsciously.

4.Watch what he's watching. Single men are usually more likely to look around the room for women. There's a sense of availability and openness about them. Unavailable men may be more reserved.

5.Separate the single men from the men who are looking to cheat on their wives or girlfriends. This isn't the easiest task.

6.Find out more about the guy. Figure out who he hangs out with. If he's flirting just with you, it's likely he's single and interested. But, if he's flirting with a ton of women he may be a guy out to cheat on his woman.

7.Ask a friend if the man is single. It's not the most clandestine way of figuring it out, but it saves you a lot of time wondering.
8. Ask him if he is single.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:49 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,404,473 times
Quote:
JSizzle, for me that's what makes the idea of getting re-married a little scary for me. You know that saying, something like, for every beautiful woman there's a man who is tired of f***ing her...

Chowhound...you know I always notice that the REALLY nicely put together guys (color coordinated, flattering cut, etc.) have wives or girlfriends who are *responsible* for the nicely put together look, haha...

(or they're gay..)
We didn't get along and I don't like messing around when angry or if I'm sullen. It makes the lil sizz die.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:49 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,997,176 times
That made me lol.

If they hit on me, they are probably married/taken. That's how it usually works for me.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:51 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,005,973 times
Quote:

Nonsense - a fair number of married men do not wear rings.

Again, more nonsense. Did it ever occur to you that the guy hanging back is selective in his potential choice? I never went to a bar with needing a bunch of my friends with me to hold my hand as I approached a girl. Is his mommy there too?

Yes, ladies, please trust your intuition and gut - most of you will not be able to discern between the married guy and the single guy.

Wrong again, all real guys are aware of their surroundings, including the women. Just because your married, doesn't mean men are blind.

It's damn near impossible.

Wrong again, if he flirts with a ton of women, he's keeping his options open. One of them will go for it, leading to a successful foray.

Which friend are you asking? His?, in which case the friend will back him up - that's what wingmen are for. Yours?, if you can't tell, what makes you think yours will?

This list feels like it came out of a magazine like Glamour. Jeez, gotta do better than this.

8. There's a 50-50 chance he'll be honest. For better odds, ask for his home phone and dial it on the spot. Chances are if he's married, the missus will be home to pick up the phone.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:53 PM

Dorrans, point taken...

Spinx, hmmm, the last single (supposedly) men to hit on me were a 50 and then 60 yo, a couple weeks ago at the beach. They more than likely thought I was 19....which I get all the time. The men I attract lately are very young, very old or married....

Frmly, I agree with pretty much everything you said. Im just making fun of myself a lil' bit...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships