Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which interracial relationships are the most common?
White Men and Asian Women 46 40.35%
White Men and Latina Women 7 6.14%
Black Men and White Women 38 33.33%
Black Men and Latina Women 8 7.02%
Black Women and White Men 1 0.88%
Black Women and Latino Men 1 0.88%
Latino Men and White Women 8 7.02%
Asian Men and White Women 4 3.51%
Black Men and Asian Women 0 0%
Any others? Please state 1 0.88%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 08:37 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,599,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Not sure what you're saying........but I am made to feel guilty any time somebody black commits a crime, is accused of committing a crime, or is thought that he may commit a crime. Black males are demonized on a daily basis for simply existing. The examples are too numerous to name. Just look through this forum for confirmation.
I agree with you, but honestly I cannot imagine being another race. If people want to judge me without knowing anything about me, oh well.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:49 PM

332 posts, read 644,907 times
Quote:
Do you have a reason why this is important? How many non-Blacks work at Jet and Ebony? Lots.
In a country as racially diverse as the U.S, any magazine that caters only to one specific race is racist.

Quote:
Just because the signs are not there doesn't mean I am welcome. Your example holds no weight.
My example does hold weight, because if you enter any barbershop where the owner is White I doubt very much that he would tell you "Hey boy we don't serve your kind here, so leave now".

Quote:
Not sure what you're saying........but I am made to feel guilty any time somebody black commits a crime, is accused of committing a crime, or is thought that he may commit a crime. Black males are demonized on a daily basis for simply existing. The examples are too numerous to name. Just look through this forum for confirmation.
So White people specifically blame you personally for the high murder rate in Compton, Detroit, New Orleans, St. Louis, etc ?

Old 03-25-2010, 08:50 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,599,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golem1979 View Post
In a country as racially diverse as the U.S, any magazine that caters only to one specific race is racist.

My example does hold weight, because if you enter any barbershop where the owner is White I doubt very much that he would tell you "Hey boy we don't serve your kind here, so leave now".

So White people specifically blame you personally for the high murder rate in Compton, Detroit, New Orleans, St. Louis, etc ?
Why do so many of your post scream of animosity towards blacks?

Old 03-25-2010, 09:02 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,689,634 times
Quote:

That would mean the majority of magazines are racist, because most cater to whites.

Quote:
No, he'd tell me he just didn't know how to cut my hair as his patrons stared me down. It's happened.

Quote:

Make some sense, will you? Many Whites do consider people like me dangerous and a general drag on their society.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:05 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,372,107 times
Locally? White man / asian woman.

Nationally? White woman / black man.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:10 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,985,073 times
Quote:
I know that, hermano, but sometimes they try to bring the issue of admixture up as if African Americans are pure Senegalese and Dominicans, even if they have a similar look, are only touched by the African gene......On more than one occasion when I said I admired certain baseball players (Clemente, Marichal, Cuellar, Perez, Oliva), because we shared ancestry, I was told that they were not black but Latin and mixed. Well, I am black and Latin and mixed, but since I am from America and have a gringo name, there is somehow some difference? I don't think so. People tend to think that if you have a Spanish surname, you can't be a descendant of Africans. This is what I have a problem with.
Ok. I understand now.

Its more a subjective ignorance of certain people that annoys you.
I get that. Does seem as if one does not fit a stereotypical mold , then one cannot possibly have a certain bloodline.

Eh, I just chalk it up to people wanting to believe what they choose, regardless of the facts.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:14 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,985,073 times
Quote:
So it is government and corporate "thugs" who are responsible for the extremely high murder rate in cities like Detroit, New Orleans, Compton, Oakland, etc ?
Indirectly yes.
And.
They are directly behind the pointless wars and incitement of terrorist attacks.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:42 AM

62 posts, read 124,313 times
Quote:
Black males are demonized on a daily basis for simply existing. The examples are too numerous to name. Just look through this forum for confirmation.
I'm sorry, but I don't see hardly any comments towards black males on this forum.

However, I see demonization of black women on this forum TOO many times to count.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:45 AM

What's interesting about the poll results and the following posts is that only WM/AW and BM/WW seem to be the face of IR in America. I guess America ain't as diverse as often claimed...

And why isn't Golem1979's comments being deleted? His latest comments have nothing to do with the topic at hand.:/

Old 03-26-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
That would mean the majority of magazines are racist, because most cater to whites.
LOL, thanks for pointing out his hypocrisy.

And Golem1979, how would you feel if people starting going off on Anti-Semitic rants, seeing as you are Jewish?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships