Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2010, 07:25 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,193,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksharp View Post
You're right! It's about respect.

If the guy you are dating doesn't have enough respect for you to pick up the check, he's a tosser!
You don't know so it's pretty low to disrespect me and call me a tosser.

Just because some people dont conform to your etiquettes does not make them tossers.

1. She asked me out.
2. She was willing to pay.
3. We were already acquaintances and became friends then became a couple
4. We spent time together at places that was pretty cheap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 07:26 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Quote:
If the guy you are dating doesn't have enough respect for you to pick up the check, he's a tosser!
How do you show your respect for him?

Old 03-27-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Whatever was ordered. If it's a date, the guy should pay for it. Period.

On the other hand if it's a business luncheon, of course it's dutch treat.
I guess I should then expect her to stay in the kitchen and cook me meals every day, and generally submit to me, right? After all, we are going after traditional roles here. Unbelievable. Or do you only pick the traditional roles that benefits you, and when it doesnt benefit you its "outdated" and "we are in 2010 now"

Old 03-27-2010, 07:29 PM

1,208 posts, read 1,832,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post

Just because some people dont conform to your etiquettes does not make them tossers.

1. She asked me out.
2. She was willing to pay.
3. We were already acquaintances and became friends then became a couple
4. We spent time together at places that was pretty cheap.

My life, my rules!

Your life, your rules. :shrug

Old 03-27-2010, 07:30 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,201,354 times
The whole thing is silly. It's ridiculous to expect a man to pay for all these dinners for random first dates. The dh and I rarely go out to eat, but we did as a treat the other night. It was $140 and this wasn't fine dining. I don't see how people can date like that or why such an expense is an expectation.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
My life, my rules!

Your life, your rules. :shrug
So quit being judgemental of what others do and quit calling people names because they don't do conform to what you like.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
I guess I should then expect her to stay in the kitchen and cook me meals every day, and generally submit to me, right? After all, we are going after traditional roles here. Unbelievable. Or do you only pick the traditional roles that benefits you, and when it doesnt benefit you its "outdated" and "we are in 2010 now"

I pick the rules for my life, you pick the rules for yours. No sweat.

However, the biggest turnoff is dating someone who is overtly CHEAP! It's a glimpse of what your life would be like with them if you "settled". I don't particularly enjoy the idea of pinching pennies for the rest of my life. Show me da money honey!

Old 03-27-2010, 07:34 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,184,604 times
Quote:
A male critter who doesn't even cover his own expenses IS most definitely a tosser! Now, if you go for sugar mammas who for some unknown reason are enamored by you, then it's her business what she does and you can fully enjoy it, but refrain from recommending it to men.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
So quit being judgemental of what others do and quit calling people names because they don't do conform to what you like.
I'm sorry...isn't this a conversational type of thread? Did you want no responses to your post, or only responses that agreed with your point of view?

Old 03-27-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
The whole thing is silly. It's ridiculous to expect a man to pay for all these dinners for random first dates. The dh and I rarely go out to eat, but we did as a treat the other night. It was $140 and this wasn't fine dining. I don't see how people can date like that or why such an expense is an expectation.
If the guy doesn't want to pay for dinner, perhaps he should only have invited the gal out for coffee?

If he's inviting for dinner, he's gonna pick up the tab. It would be expected by me. Anything less and I go home in a taxi...alone...with no chance of a repeat date. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships