Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 03:08 PM

644 posts, read 3,321,058 times

Advertisements

I hope you take your dog with you. Your mom is just afraid of being alone. You probably need to get away from your family. Moving is so traumatic. I hope you are able to pack and make it out okay. You'll feel good once you get in that car and go....

Artie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 03:36 PM

460 posts, read 2,344,413 times
Thanks so much. Now I dont feel like I am on the wrong here.

My mom has not actually been diagnosed as bi-polar, but everyone thinks she is because of how she acts.
The things that I have posted here are only the tip of the ice berg.

Yes I am 31 years old and she makes me feel like a teenager when she says the things that she does. My husband is not at home all the time because of his job, but he feels that I should just tell her off and leave it at that.

a couple of years ago, he stood up to her for me and told her to stop talking to me the way she was doing. and WOW did she ever back down!

But she knows that he isnt always with me, and takes advantage of that!

I will be sooooooooo happy to move away!

Jen

Old 06-06-2007, 04:05 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
You could always give the dog to your Mom. Maybe she wants the dog like she wanted your flowers?

Old 06-06-2007, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
You could always give the dog to your Mom. Maybe she wants the dog like she wanted your flowers?
hahaa, nope, she does not like pets!!

Old 06-06-2007, 08:07 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,664 times
Jen, I think you need to rethink opening your home to your mother if and when she visits you as well. Given her explosive personality, you definitely don't want to be stuck with her in your home for an extended period of time with no escape. Your kids don't need to be subjected to her temper again either.

Around the corner from your new neighborhood is a holiday inn express and a hampton inn is under construction. Follow the advice from the other thread and see if you can secure a weekly rate.

Old 06-06-2007, 08:47 PM

292 posts, read 993,663 times
Oceandreams94,
I get the feeling your mother only knows this way of thinking. There are other ways of thinking but this is the one she keeps choosing. You are pushing back and standing up for yourself in the best way you can. Right now you are doing your best. Good for you.

I know of the thunderous sound your mother is making. I have heard my mother making it.
May your heart soar like an eagle, who never worries of that thunderous sound from below.

Old 06-06-2007, 08:56 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,789,944 times
I still think you should tell her you're leaving on the 20th, but leave on the 10th!

Drama-free.

I think she's upset about the dog because you're taking the dog, but not taking her! She interprets THAT to mean your dog is more important to you than she is.......

Old 06-06-2007, 09:05 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,298,039 times
I know if someone is indeed bipolar and they take the wrong antidepressant, this can throw them into a manic phase...

AND of course she is going to say there is nothing wrong with her, its everyone else who is crazy...thats the typical response from someone who is mentally ill and in denial.

My heart goes out to you, my Mother is a toxic person that I avoid as much as posible. As she has gotten older its only gotten worse.

Old 06-07-2007, 10:12 AM

Thank you again everyone!

I am in the process of writing her a letter to tell her how
I feel and that I will not have further contact with her for a long time.
She called this morning and left a message on the phone saying that she was sorry but she was very hurt by me moving. I could tell that she was mad that I did not answer the phone.
then she called again a few hours later but did not leave a message.
I almost feel like I am being stalked, LOL.

Everytime the phone rings, and I see that its her on the caller ID, I get so nervous and upset, because I never know what she will say or what mood she will be in next.
So I have decided, that I am NOT going to put myself or my kids through this anymore.
I am tired of feeling afraid of her.

Jen

Old 06-07-2007, 10:16 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,029,991 times
Train's leaving the station baby, woo woo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships