Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 05:57 AM

283 posts, read 1,384,587 times

Advertisements

Well what did you do to find the "one"? I can't seem to find her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2007, 10:28 AM

1,501 posts, read 5,681,852 times
They find you, and when you least expect it. And could be right under your nose (in my case for years, like my guy was). One day, you just realize how much you care, and BAM! You literally have, nor want, another choice.
Take care.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:27 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times
I agree with travel'r

I found mine when I stopped looking

karla

Old 06-11-2007, 12:29 PM

1,712 posts, read 4,233,537 times
I don't understand when people say when they stop looking, they find the one. I mean, when I stop looking, I stop looking - literally. When I want to date, I have to look.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:37 PM

3 posts, read 6,045 times
i also agree with Travel'r. We shouldn't always think about it, just live and one day love will find you !

Old 06-11-2007, 12:42 PM

DCNative,
I was not looking for a long term relationship I dated but it was more casual than anything.
Went out with friends for dinner, ended up sitting next to another of their friends. He was unique lol I actually told him "you are an odd person" I like "odd". We kept running into each other through the mutal friends. We had a lot in common, music things we liked to do. So we started hanging out, mind you I was still casualy dating lol little did I know he was taking notes when I would say " Not going out with that one again because...."
1 1/2 years later I am not sure how it happened but we both realized that we wanted to take it past the "just hanging out " It will be 7 years this December that we realized this and we will be married 4 years this Oct.
So see I had stopped looking for a serious relationship and this just snuck up on me.
Boy am I glad it did
I hope that makes sense
karla

p.s. 9 out of 10 times the day you decide to just run out without doing the hair or makeup thing or shave if your a guy, is the day you will meet the one

Old 06-11-2007, 12:48 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,124,664 times
I don't know if this is true, but I always suspect it is smell--relaxed or desperate!

I know it's true with non-human primates!

Old 06-11-2007, 01:18 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,163,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
DCNative,
I was not looking for a long term relationship I dated but it was more casual than anything.
Went out with friends for dinner, ended up sitting next to another of their friends. He was unique lol I actually told him "you are an odd person" I like "odd". We kept running into each other through the mutal friends. We had a lot in common, music things we liked to do. So we started hanging out, mind you I was still casualy dating lol little did I know he was taking notes when I would say " Not going out with that one again because...."
1 1/2 years later I am not sure how it happened but we both realized that we wanted to take it past the "just hanging out " It will be 7 years this December that we realized this and we will be married 4 years this Oct.
So see I had stopped looking for a serious relationship and this just snuck up on me.
Boy am I glad it did
I hope that makes sense
karla

p.s. 9 out of 10 times the day you decide to just run out without doing the hair or makeup thing or shave if your a guy, is the day you will meet the one

You have a great story Karla. The "p.s." though...... I've been running without make-up or hair (it's really, really short now) for a while and NADA!

I guess there are too many no make-up/no hair done in Costco, Home Depot and Petsmart!

Old 06-11-2007, 01:47 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,376,479 times
When I stopped looking and when I wasn't looking - BAM!

My first husband walked into my office and I remember thinking "oh-oh - this is the one." Some years later, I was widowed and resigned that I had had Mr. Right and once in a lifetime was a blessing.

One and one half years later, I was teaching a class and one of my students asked me if I knew such and such professor - I said yes he was my primary professor in my Masters program and my advisor. To make a long story short, the professor called me, we went out on a Monday and arranged to see each other that Friday at my home. That was it - he never left. We've been married going on 14 years. You just never know ... :-)

Old 06-11-2007, 02:01 PM

jhlcomp
that is the sweetest story
I tried to give you "gold stars" but I am in "temp time out" too many good posts today .

If you don't mind I would love to share that story with a widowed friend of mine

karla
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships