Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 07:52 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
Again, I said I have enough confidence and I CAN approach women, but I DO NOT want to. I can but I don't want to. I've approach many women in the past, with success and failure, like every other man. I look good and I have good social skills. And my confidence is pretty spot on. Nowt is wrong with me.

Again, just because a woman is attractive and is interested in me does not mean I have to approach her. What if Im not interested in her, regardless how hot she is? Your 2nd paragraph is totally contradicting itself. You saying I don't have to approach a woman I find attractive, then follow it up by saying it wouldn't make sense if I didn't approach her, unless I had personal issues I've had women who are stunningly beautiful showing signs of interest to me, but I just brushed it off and didn't pay them attention. Many people like you think just because a woman is attractive and showing you signs of interest then you must go up to her and talk to her. Well, not me.

You and other men operate differently than me. That's just the way it is.
I hear ya I mean if you are already seeing someone why would you approach another woman even if she is attractive and sending signals there is no real point unless the person is looking to cheat or something

Old 05-05-2010, 07:53 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
Again I'm not saying you HAVE to be attracted to her however why wouldn't you approach a woman you ARE interested in? That is still the question you have yet to answer.
How can I be interested in her just by looking at her? On the surface, she's just another attractive lady - and there are a dozens of them out there. What separates her from the rest? Look, I just don't do random approaching. I don't like it. So I don't do it.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:11 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,976,888 times
Quote:
How can I be interested in her just by looking at her? On the surface, she's just another attractive lady - and there are a dozens of them out there. What separates her from the rest? Look, I just don't do random approaching. I don't like it. So I don't do it.
What do you mean how can you be interested in her just by looking at her? There are women you're NOT interested in just by looking at them so why wouldn't the opposite hold true? You have personal issues with approaching women just admit it. There's a reason you don't like it and if you don't want to disclose it here that's fine however to say you don't have issues with it, is clearly a lie.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:12 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,983,216 times
Quote:
Same here. I get dates just by chance. I don't go out and look for women. All my girlfriends in my adult life have been women I just happen to meet at a place [train, laundrette, class etc]. I never go up to a woman and chat her up. Never.

It has worked quite well for me. And I've seen it happen to other men quite often as well. I also have this personal principle of NEVER approach women randomly. I don't do that. I don't care if a stunning beauty 10/10 stood there giving me winks and smiles, I would still not go anywhere near her. Not because I'm scared - I got enough confidence to last me a lifetime. I just don't do the direct-random-approaching-women thing. I got too much pride for that.
I kind of agree about that.
I am not into that 'hint' and 'body language' stuff.
If I am somewhere like a bookstore or museum and we show interest about the same thing and discussion ensues i take it from there.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
I hear ya I mean if you are already seeing someone why would you approach another woman even if she is attractive and sending signals there is no real point unless the person is looking to cheat or something
Exactly if you are already seeing someone BUT if you are single and you are interested in a woman and she's clearly showing she's interested in you, there's no logic behind not approaching her unless you have issues with approaching women.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:16 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,990 times
Quote:
What do you mean how can you be interested in her just by looking at her? There are women you're NOT interested in just by looking at them so why wouldn't the opposite hold true? You have personal issues with approaching women just admit it. There's a reason you don't like it and if you don't want to disclose it here that's fine however to say you don't have issues with it, is clearly a lie.
*sigh* OK, sure.

I've met tons of women in recent years. I've had my fair share of girlfriends. None of them have I ever approached. I got enough confidence, charisma and wit about me. I can hold a conversation eloquently well and charm up ladies. No problems whatsoever.

All my girlfriends I've met them like Nichirenx said like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichirenx View Post
If I am somewhere like a bookstore or museum and we show interest about the same thing and discussion ensues i take it from there.
Nichirenx put it best. That's how I met my ex-girlfriends and current girlfriend as well.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:18 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
I had a period of around 5 years when I was single and "in-between" marriages. I got to know a lot of women in that period but I almost never approached them. They always did the approaching.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:19 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
Quote:
Exactly if you are already seeing someone BUT if you are single and you are interested in a woman and she's clearly showing she's interested in you, there's no logic behind not approaching her unless you have issues with approaching women.
that's true also if the girl likes the guy she could also approach him too trust me us guys are not very good with mixed signals sometimes it takes the girl to pretty much spell it out for us to get it.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichirenx View Post
I kind of agree about that.
I am not into that 'hint' and 'body language' stuff.
Wouldn't that be starting a random conversation? How would you know she's not looking at a book for her boyfriend, or best friend. If you strike up a conversation that is still approaching her it just doesn't have a 'I want to date you' type feel to it however if you would be interested in dating her but you can't come out and say that means you fear rejection because you're trying to use a 'safe' way to ask her out to decrease the chances of getting rejected. It's a passive aggressive move.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:21 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,252,780 times
Quote:
You would have already had to approach them for them to know what your job and hobbies are. That would be a conflict of interest, totally different from approaching someone.
The dirty clothes and beat look on my face on the way home is enough! As for the hobbies, my friends and I look the part and the people that matter already know what I have done in my life and am capable of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships